LP640--Exhaust question

JJG

Has anyone changed their exhaust from LNB (Stage II) to the Kreissieg? I currently have the LNB and curious to know if anyone made the change (and if it was "worth" it)? Thanks.

i've been looking at a lot of LP640 exhausts and the Kreissieg unit seems to be (at least sound wise) in a league of it's own. i haven't seen much come close. performance figures, i'm sure there are a ton of options.

Has anyone changed their exhaust from LNB (Stage II) to the Kreissieg? I currently have the LNB and curious to know if anyone made the change (and if it was "worth" it)? Thanks.

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing! My LNB stage 2 is nice but I wish it was a bit louder at times.

Funny you ask this Joe, if you remember from julys drive to Captree our black 670SV has the Kressieg and the Green 640 Roadster has the LNB... the Kressieg definitely screams more but don't think its worth shelling out 14k on an exhaust when you already have an aftermarket system.. don't know which stage LNB we have though

Funny you ask this Joe, if you remember from julys drive to Captree our black 670SV has the Kressieg and the Green 640 Roadster has the LNB... the Kressieg definitely screams more but don't think its worth shelling out 14k on an exhaust when you already have an aftermarket system.. don't know which stage LNB we have though

Thanks Alex. That's what I figured. I was just looking for someone to tell me it was so worth it and it is only money. haha.

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing! My LNB stage 2 is nice but I wish it was a bit louder at times.

Exactly--and you have the benefit of having it on a roadster. Your response may be the one that confirms I need a change.

I have the LNB exhaust on mine and got rid of both cats and its louder than i need ;)

You guys that have the LNB exhaust need to remove your two primary cats and will really hear how it should sound. You can also drop $8k and get custom headers like mine :) I can tell you without being biased that i have never heard a Murci (including kressig) that sounds better than my car.

I have a larini in mine and it isn't loud in the car at all. Outside the car everyone says holy shit that thing is loud, something about the LP640 seems to not put a lot of exhaust noise in the car. I think if you keep chasing louder and louder exhausts to hear it in the car you will end up with a horrible obnoxious stinky car that you Don't enjoy, that's my experience,

Although it is hard to capture the true sound on a video, Alpha6164's car sounds great, however I'm not sure doing cat deletes will pass emissions (smog) in Cali.

God, you guys are saying your after market exhausts aren't loud enough and I'm sitting here missing my stock exhaust sound in my LP640 as compared to the quietness of the LP700 stock exhaust.

Why not go K or ipe? Having the valves is good to for when you're in your neighborhood and don't want to wake the baby.

LNB is quiet. I had it on my '03 and thought it was stock. Primary deletes will make it MUCH louder.

The RSC non-merged exhaust is a lot louder than the LNB.

I've had the Larini drones on idle and is way too loud. Get F1 sound valvetronic exhaust like Kreisseig, IPE and Powercraft. IPE is the value for money Im on my second set but if you balling and want ultimate is Kreissieg. The other thing you have to think is whether you want to go catless which powercraft is and overs similar sound.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen....hasn't made the choice any easier lol.

Are LOC exhausts still being produced?

I do like the Larini sound, but do not want drone.

Kreissig is the best but seem more than twice the cost of Larini or LOC....

Cross out Larini! I made that mistake. If you dont want to go Kreissieg choices are Powercraft or IPE the valvetronic makes a difference and you will never worry about pissing off neighbours or local police.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen....hasn't made the choice any easier lol.

Are LOC exhausts still being produced?

I do like the Larini sound, but do not want drone.

Kreissig is the best but seem more than twice the cost of Larini or LOC....

I might be biased, but Kreissige all the way.

This is my car:

There is nothing like it, I have never heard anything even close to that sound. It's insane. People can hear me miles away, and that pitch and sound is ungodly. I don't regret a thing. It is very expensive, and I was fortunate enough that the previous owner spent the 15k or so... :)

• 1 year later...

Well it only took almost a year and half, but I ordered the new exhaust today. So, assuming timing is correct, in about 4-5 weeks my LNB stage II exhaust will be off car and available. Will take pics at that time. Thanks.

I might be biased, but Kreissige all the way.

This is my car:

There is nothing like it, I have never heard anything even close to that sound. It's insane. People can hear me miles away, and that pitch and sound is ungodly. I don't regret a thing. It is very expensive, and I was fortunate enough that the previous owner spent the 15k or so... :)

Agree 1000%. I also have Kreissieg exhaust on my LP640. I was also fortunate that one of the two previous owners installed it. Only thing I had to do was order the single tip vs. the dual tip it came with. I had an LOC/LNB on my previous LP640. To me, the sound of the Kreissieg blows the LOC/LNB away. At idle the Kreissieg has the low, deep, throaty sound. I'll try and post a video.

Well it only took almost a year and half, but I ordered the new exhaust today. So, assuming timing is correct, in about 4-5 weeks my LNB stage II exhaust will be off car and available. Will take pics at that time. Thanks.

Which exhaust did you order???

Kriessieg.

You are going to love it Joe! I contemplated for three years before finally pulling the trigger and I can't imagine driving without a kressieg.We are going to have a lot of fun this summer with two Monterey blue 640's both with the kressieg.We have to get both cars in the midtown tunnel lol