Alarm problem

alecela

Hello all,

It's been two weeks since I last drove my car so was really looking forward to the drive this morning. Got to the car, usual sequence of dis-arming the car, opened the door, turn the key, wait for christmas light to go off, then turn it further to crank and nothing. No cranking at all. New battery was installed two months ago.

So I tried turning the key again but this time no x'mas light at all. Then I tried to arm-and-dis-arm cycle but nothing. No familiar arm or dis-arm chirp.

I got out of the car, closed the door, tried to arm it, nothing. All I can now hear is a very brief chirp when I pressed the alarm button on the keyfob. The door does NOT lock or unlock. The alarm light between the two head rests are lit up. So I manually locked the car and walked away.

Any idea/thought would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried the kill switch in the engine bay? Flip the switch to kill all the electricals, wait for 30secs, flip the switch back to activate and then go through the arm/disarm routine again.

Have you tried the kill switch in the engine bay? Flip the switch to kill all the electricals, wait for 30secs, flip the switch back to activate and then go through the arm/disarm routine again.

Excellent suggestion. I totally forgot about it. Sure enough it fixed the problem. Italian craftmanship!

I get the same problem with occasional variations of non-starting. But also remember to briefly press the disarm button of the fob at the point your Christmas lights go out just before you turn the key all the way to start. In my instance starting issues tend to act up more when I don't drive it for a while, so I concluded the car just gets pissed as hell for not talking it out for regular runs.