Holy sh*t, that's loud!

bonehead

Why would you want something that damn loud??

And I would ask you, good sir, why would you NOT want something that loud?:)

Honestly, it just fits the character of the car. Loud Civics and 4 door sedans are stupid. This is a muscular American two door V8. The stock can was fit for a soccer mom car.

Best part is it's loud when you want it to be. Peddling along under 2500-3000 rpms and it's fairly tame, almost stock-like. Anything above that and it's game on :lol2:

And I would ask you, good sir, why would you NOT want something that loud?:)

Honestly, it just fits the character of the car. Loud Civics and 4 door sedans are stupid. This is a muscular American two door V8. The stock can was fit for a soccer mom car.

Best part is it's loud when you want it to be. Peddling along under 2500-3000 rpms and it's fairly tame, almost stock-like. Anything above that and it's game on :lol2:

I sir had the twin to that car (2005 #1516). Stock exhaust was to quiet, straight pipes were way too loud so I settled on the svt muffler. The car in the video is just retarded loud.

I sir had the twin to that car (2005 #1516). Stock exhaust was to quiet, straight pipes were way too loud so I settled on the svt muffler. The car in the video is just retarded loud.

By SVT, I assume you are referring to the Ford Racing muffler. II test drove a car with that setup and it's barely louder than stock. Good for a little 'oomph', but I wouldn't have been happy with that. I did tinker with the idea of long tubes into the FRPP muffler, but even that may have been too tame. So, I went full 'retard' and just got these:)

Mind you, I'm not an 16 year old boy racer. I'm a 41 yo professional with a wife and 2 kids......hmmmm....probably why I need to act like an 18 y.o......

By SVT, I assume you are referring to the Ford Racing muffler. II test drove a car with that setup and it's barely louder than stock. Good for a little 'oomph', but I wouldn't have been happy with that. I did tinker with the idea of long tubes into the FRPP muffler, but even that may have been too tame. So, I went full 'retard' and just got these:)

Mind you, I'm not an 16 year old boy racer. I'm a 41 yo professional with a wife and 2 kids......hmmmm....probably why I need to act like an 18 y.o......

Coincidently, so am I. The difference being my fgt was a daily driver so it was important for me to be able to be comfortable and be able to use a phone while driving.

Regardless, to each his own, it's a fantastic car, loud or quiet and I consider myself lucky for having owned one.

Coincidently, so am I. The difference being my fgt was a daily driver so it was important for me to be able to be comfortable and be able to use a phone while driving.

Regardless, to each his own, it's a fantastic car, loud or quiet and I consider myself lucky for having owned one.

That's certainly a different story. Unfortunately, I bought mine about 8 months ago, right in the middle of the most recent price hike. I'm not wealthy enough to DD a car that expensive. If I was able to afford one 3-4 years ago, that may have been possible.

• 2 months later...

That's what mine sounded like. I had the Ford Racing Headers -> Accufab X-Pipe. It was so loud if you were standing behind it when it was revved up your ears would start ringing.

• 1 month later...

Footage I took with the mic ghetto-taped to the rear bumper, camera on driver's side glass, cable originally taped to clamshell but quickly flapping freely in the wind (which is why I keep looking into my side view mirror to make sure it's still there).

Now I just need a semi-permanent way of securing the cable/mic near the exhaust and allowing me to mount the camera anywhere else on the car.

There are pro's and con's to having a loud car.

Pro: It sounds bad ass.

Con: You are afraid to floor it because cops in a 5 mile radius can hear it and pinpoint you easily.

:(

There are pro's and con's to having a loud car.

Pro: It sounds bad ass.

Con: You are afraid to floor it because cops in a 5 mile radius can hear it and pinpoint you easily.

:(

True. But as you can see from my video, I live in the MIDDLE OF FU*KING NOWHERE. So, I'm not too concerned :lol2:

Teasing - wanted to see if you'd bite.

Some people (inexplicably) don't like it. Doors are cool but a pain in the ass, it's low, it's wide, it gets terrible gas mileage. But I still love it and will never sell it:)

It's a cool car. Mine is headed to Roush aka Mountune tomorrow - have an issue with a relay and the secondary pump or the 02 sensors.

It's far too wide for London but the car is such an event every time i use it that i do enjoy having it. I think i've only done about 500 odd miles if that so far. It's not like my old LP560 as in i used to drive that every day etc for the first 2 years, it's a true exotic that is to be enjoyed on the weekends.

I'll be doing a road trip in it in August to the South of France, that'll be awesome.

I am considering selling it for a CGT but i am not sure - the FGT is just as much fun, just as good looking and half the price to own and around 80% cheaper to maintain so can't really see the point.

• 2 weeks later...
I am considering selling it for a CGT but i am not sure - the FGT is just as much fun, just as good looking and half the price to own and around 80% cheaper to maintain so can't really see the point.

Because of AWE straight pipes

Either way, the FGT is an awesome car, brute force V8 with manual tranny.