Diecast and scale models - post 'em here

cake

I went on a hunt recently for a model. Couldn't find one so I ended up with a 1:16 RC toy Cayman R which was better than expected. The search led me to some interesting web sites and discussions on diecast and scale model resources.

If you have a good source post it here, or if you have a cool collection - share them!

For whatever reason the photo of my LP560 model will not load - but here is the RC toy.

IMG_0630.JPG

I have a rather nice collection ... 672 Lamborghini models at this time and still looking to buy more : http://www.lambodiecast.com/

At the moment about 6 models aren't listed yet ... the 1/18 Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale in white ... and five different Lamborghini tractor models :icon_mrgreen:

^LamboCARS your collection is beautiful catalogued! Very professional web site and amazing collection! Thanks for sharing.

What model were you looking for?
The Cayman R does not exist. It's why I settled for the RC toy version. The Cayman S is available in a zillion colors, but because the trim on the cars was different (nose and fixed wing) it's a lot of work to start with a Cayman S and make it into an R. I've searched for years.

I corresponded with a guy in Germany who does custom models, and he can start with an S and make an R for about 1000 Euros which is more than I want to spend.

His work is very impressive. Check him out at www.exclusive-porsche-models.de

No affiliation. Just thought his site had some unbelievable models. It's a hobby he has turned into a business while going through school.

For some reason I'm unable to load the other pics of some models we've got. File size is fine but when I try to upload, the buttons for choosing a file and uploading disappear. Not sure why the pic above worked - but once I figure it out I"ll add more models. (Edit - of course I try again and it works for one photo but when I try for a second - things disappear)

These are some truck models from my years in the construction industry. The boom truck is my favorite.

IMG_0625.JPG

^LamboCARS your collection is beautiful catalogued! Very professional web site and amazing collection! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, I needed to catalogue my collection to avoid buying doubles :icon_mrgreen:

I have a rather nice collection ... 672 Lamborghini models at this time and still looking to buy more : http://www.lambodiecast.com/

At the moment about 6 models aren't listed yet ... the 1/18 Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale in white ... and five different Lamborghini tractor models :icon_mrgreen:

You ever take a picture of them all together?

You ever take a picture of them all together?

Not all of them together no, but I do have some photos of the display case in my hallway at home:

overview.jpg

overview3.jpg

overview4.jpg

Those are mostly 1/18 scale models, I prefer the larger scale against 1/43 models, but I do own a lot of smaller ones too.

This is one of my prized models ... a 1/18 Murciélago model made especially for the unveil of this new V12 back in September 8th 2001 in Sant'####, with the large, limited edition VIP brochure (nr 0810/2000)

murcielago1t.jpg

Or how about this ... a pre-production, hand-built prototype of the Lamborghini Countach Walter Wolf by AutoArt in 1/18 ... I received this one from AutoArt themselves ... for free ... truly a one of a kind.

model6081.jpg

And I also have a few Lamborghini tractor models:

box1.jpg

Allan should get his pics in here. I only have a few, but my favorite is this simple Kyosho Countach, for which I repainted the wheels white.

I'll post pictures of the Diablos later.

TripleWhite_00.jpg

TripleWhite_01.jpg

TripleWhite_02.jpg

TripleWhite_03.jpg

TripleWhite_07.jpg

TripleWhite_08.jpg

TripleWhite_09.jpg

That white on white 1/18 scale Countach from Kyosho is very rare these days, worth a lot of money to the right collector ... I remember paying €95 for it in 2009

count515.jpg

count514.jpg

Kyosho also made a 1/18 Countach Quattrovalvole in white, but that one came with a black interior ... I have the blue version of that QV

countach16.jpg

Incredible collection LamboCARS

Thank you Fortis ... I can't afford the real deal at the moment, but do enjoy looking at these scale cars.

MY gf takes me to flea markets around Barcelona once a month or so and there's tons of random stuff there.. I saw a XJ220 2 days ago and was trying to explain in bad Spanish to the guy selling it why that car is really cool. He replied, 5 euros. :D

Thank you Fortis ... I can't afford the real deal at the moment, but do enjoy looking at these scale cars.

I think if you sell that collection you might be able to buy the real one :icon_thumleft:

Here's some of my collection.

the display I have in a walkway at home,

20161215_061532.jpg

and behind my desk in my study

20161215_061549.jpg

Cake, I love this thread...thanks for stasting it. I started buying my son the 1:18 models of every car we have. It's fun to find them and grow his garage.

I don't have as many as I used to...but I'd like to get back into it. For now I'll make due with my Auto Art LP720 Aventador 50th (I got the certificate of authenticity signed by Stephan Winkleman) and my UT McLaren F1 LM (My favorite McLaren).

post-8919-1481784906_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1481784986_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1481785043_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1481785182_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1481785191_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1481785207_thumb.jpg

So cake, do you ever have a situation where you have guests come over to your home and notice the diecast collection and say something like, "Oh, I see your husband has quite the collection," and you get to say, "Well actually, those are mine." :)

So cake, do you ever have a situation where you have guests come over to your home and notice the diecast collection and say something like, "Oh, I see your husband has quite the collection," and you get to say, "Well actually, those are mine." :)
We consider most "stuff" to be ours. We have friends that have very definitive lines between "his stuff" and "her stuff" or his and her finances. We are pretty well blended when it comes to most things.

There are plenty of times when people assume hubby is the driver. Happens all the time. I'm used to it.

• 1 month later...

After an exhaustive search for the 1:18 model in the "right" color, found it in Germany.

Number 288 of 911. Nice quality.

IMG_0709.JPG

I have a small collection of Lamborghini diecasts.. My fav being the orange AA Murcielago, which says a lot because the Murcielago is one of my lesser favorite Lamborghinis. It is unbelievably detailed compared to my AA 6.0. This is somewhat upsetting considering the 6.0 is my most favorite of all cars.

What's my beef with the 6.0? The paint is just not right. Its yellow, but closer to a school bus yellow than Giallo Orion or Fly Yellow. The shape of the car seems wrong. The shape of the wheels seems less than perfect.. This model really should have been much nicer. Maybe some day we will luck out and they will make up for it with a 1/12 Diablo 6.0.

I was considering repainting it myself but who knows what I'd break while attempting it..

I have a pair of the Hotwheels Diablo GT's (one yellow, one blue) which are actually quite nice for $20, a pair of perhaps Maisto? Diablo SV's (again, yellow and blue) which are really nice, especially the blue one and then a Maisto Gallardo= which ticks me off because the paint is what the AA 6.0 should have..

good thread..