Sacrifice ... Monterrey Blue LP640 Roadster for a Hurican Performante?

JonV8944s

Ugh... so the struggle of a Car nut. (Hopefully I havent done anything TOO wrong, by posting this in 2 places, coming here I am sure everyone will say get the Huracan, where as in the Murcielago section they might not)

Vechicles I currently own:

2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster (Monterrey Blue)

2016 Dodge Ram truck (Blue)

2017 Nissan GTR (Blaze Orange)

2017 Dodge Viper ACR-E (Blue)

ON ORDER:

2018 Dodge Demon (Plum Crazy)

So my struggle.... I have an opportunity to get an orange Performante Hurican at MSRP (320k sticker) but honestly budget and rationality says 6 cars for a single guy (so I cant pawn one off to a wife), is excessive.

So I am thinking I'd have to sell the Murcielago LP640 and one other car to make sure the Performante purchase was 'rational' in my mind.

Am I crazy? I really love the Viper ACRE, its a monster on track. The truck is cheap, and easily sold for an american car depreciation price, but not really solving anything by getting rid of it, other then a parking space. The 2017 GTR is worlds more loveable/enjoyable then all prior years R35. The demon is going to be a monster at the drag strip. So what do I give up along with the Murcielago to make it make sense? Ugh, the lp640 has been loved, but the performante sounds like an incredible car.

Also I love roadster/convertible, am I jumping the gun on getting the coupe performante before the convertible comes out?

Seriously, this isnt a jerkfest, I really am struggling with this. I have to go tonight to the unvailing of the Performante and write a deposit check or avoid the thing all together.

Please help!

Thanks,

Jon

DSC09942.jpg

Just my opinion, but I doubt this will be your only chance to own a Performante (even given that it would be cool right now to own the newest, hottest Lambo). A Monterey Blue LP640 will NOT be an easy to car to find again.

Also, as you yourself said that you love Roadsters, think how much your head will turn again when the open roof cars start hitting the market. I'd imagine they'll be worth waiting for.

Again...just my .02. Great problem to have for sure as you really can't go wrong. Either way....life is good! :)

I would do it. The Performante is absolutely sick!

If you’re into the latest and greatest I think the Performante is the way to go.

A Monterey Blue LP640 will NOT be an easy to car to find again.

ugh, I am aware of this very point, and thats the hardest part of it all, as I know with 100% certainty I have THE highest optioned out Monterrey Blue Murci, it has a factory $460k sticker (I have it in hand). While my counter parts have done well to 'upgrade' theirs to many of the options I have, mine is a factory 460k car. I'd never find one so highly optioned out. so I'd have to accept that I'd never come back to the Murcielago again if I do this, as anything else would be a 'let down'

What do you have for a daily?

I'd say my Dodge Ram truck and GTR are the dailys, but honestly, with 4 cars, and a 5th one on the way, no one is every daily driven, I pick based on feeling/necessity which I will drive. I work from home, so the 'what do you drive to work' doesnt apply.

Get rid of the GTR. Frees up the space and a fair amount of capital. Definitely dont sell the 640! If you must keep the GTR sell the ACR since the P can be an even better track car.

dump the GTR. Perf does the same duty but better.

Give dodge $1 and get a back seat in the Demon if you really need to haul around people.