Diablo 6.0 Twin Turbo Build

limey

1.jpg

Motor back from the re-builders after been off the road for 14 months, now the turbo build begins.

Going with twin ball bearing GT R series, water intercoolers. Expect to be finished in 4-6 weeks.

Custom wire harness already done, going with EURO 12 Engine management, taking out the stock LIE ECU's and using 1 EURO 12, will use a datalogger to store info and Diagnostics data

Will update with pictures as and when, so bookmark and subscribe, hopefully an epic build.

Looking for a conservative 1500 HP.

9:1 Compression, JE Pistons

Carrillo Rods

Fully ported and flowed heads

Full custom exhaust

Twin disk AP Clutch and the list goes on.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What size turbos?

1500hp is pretty wild for a Diablo. Are you converting it to RWD only?

I'd start looking at the intake manifold as well.

What size turbos?

1500hp is pretty wild for a Diablo. Are you converting it to RWD only?

I'd start looking at the intake manifold as well.

GTX3582R w/ 1.03 AR Stainless Housing. With these, it should be abut 1200 HP, provided all is good with these and the motor build, i plan to upgrade to the next size which will be 1500 +\

Staying AWD, the car will not hook for s(*^*^&^* with RWD and that kind of power, plus we need power to go to all 4 wheels to eleviate the possibility of breaking stuff

Intake manifold not a concern yet, will have to keep an eye on the seals though as bost may leak from here, will deal with that if it becomes a problem.

I love the idea but I think you have a little more research to do.

More turbo and I think you're going to nuke the front wheel drive portion.

I love the idea but I think you have a little more research to do.

More turbo and I think you're going to nuke the front wheel drive portion.

Why to both statements?

More Turbo for what reason?

Have you seen anyone ever break a Diablo - Murcielago front diff for any reason?

Why to both statements?

More Turbo for what reason?

Have you seen anyone ever break a Diablo - Murcielago front diff for any reason?

Looking at the compressor maps I think you'll want more flow, assuming it really holds that power.

From what I gather blowing the front diff/viscous coupler has been a huge problem for the handful of turbo murcis. This and chassis flex I believe is one of the huge reasons you don't see more TT builds, and heck the gallardos make more power.

Sticking with those turbos might not be bad if you hold it back around 900whp.

Hmmm... 1500 HP from a Diablo with a 4 week build time... sounds familiar..... is this the Stig pt: 2 ? :icon_mrgreen:

Seriosuly though I love it - please keep the pics/updates coming!

Looking at the compressor maps I think you'll want more flow, assuming it really holds that power.

From what I gather blowing the front diff/viscous coupler has been a huge problem for the handful of turbo murcis. This and chassis flex I believe is one of the huge reasons you don't see more TT builds, and heck the gallardos make more power.

Sticking with those turbos might not be bad if you hold it back around 900whp.

I have never seen or heard anyone blow a front diff, trans or anything due to forced induction, let alone chassis flex.

I want to see some verified hard data on this, I keep hearing about this urban legend of blowing axles etc, but let's see or hear from people that have. If i see this happening due to 900 HP, then I'm done for.

Bear in mind i made 650 Whp on the super chargers for over 3 years, 750 on the single turbo for about 4 months and never once did anything break chassis wise or flex and I know there are no other Diablos driven like mine. I was putting nearly 900 crank HP through the stock clutch doing 0-60 times in the high 2.8s and never a broken part, so I feel pretty confident 1000 + HP on the drivetrain is very reasonable.

Bear in mind i made 650 Whp on the super chargers for over 3 years, 750 on the single turbo for about 4 months and never once did anything break chassis wise or flex and I know there are no other Diablos driven like mine. I was putting nearly 900 crank HP through the stock clutch doing 0-60 times in the high 2.8s and never a broken part, so I feel pretty confident 1000 + HP on the drivetrain is very reasonable.

It would stand to reason that nearly doubling the HP may not result in the same outcome. Best of luck and can't wait to see the results.

It would stand to reason that nearly doubling the HP may not result in the same outcome. Best of luck and can't wait to see the results.

This. Lots of things change from 750whp to 1200.

Best of luck man. If all else fails have quaife build a coupler and billet front diff.

Didnt Peak (RIP) have a bunch of issues with his TT build on his 640?

This is what i need to hear, if someone can step up and show or give some sort of verified proof of pictures, or at least a tuner coming on board and stating that they are blowing axels - diffs - gearboxes etc at these power levels, i would like to know this up front.

Must be someone here that has this info, or is it just an urban legend?

This is what i need to hear, if someone can step up and show or give some sort of verified proof of pictures, or at least a tuner coming on board and stating that they are blowing axels - diffs - gearboxes etc at these power levels, i would like to know this up front.

Must be someone here that has this info, or is it just an urban legend?

Why? In your previous posts you are overly confident it will be fine, so get down with it.

Peak and Alex held their cars back to around 900rwhp. I'm sure there was a reason behind this, or Peak would have had it making 2k hp.

I am very confident it's going to be fine based on my personal experience of throwing high HP & Tq # on a Diablo drivetrain with ZERO issues. Im asking for some hard proof of failures, but appears there are none as expected. So, back to the build and bollocks to the rest.

The reason i suspect there are issues with high HP Diablo & Muricleago builds are two fold.

Engine management systems far and few between as was the issues with my previous setup and the rumors of breaking parts.

Exhaust headers moving along, these are also built for consideration not just for Turbos, but will also be a direct bolt on to replace stock headers.

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

Hmmm... 1500 HP from a Diablo with a 4 week build time... sounds familiar..... is this the Stig pt: 2 ? :icon_mrgreen:

Seriosuly though I love it - please keep the pics/updates coming!

Offtopic but supposedly the Stig is attending the Italian Stampede.

Offtopic but supposedly the Stig is attending the Italian Stampede.

Yeah they will just accidentally forget to install the wastegate springs. :shock: :lol2:

Congrats, this should be a very interesting project. I remember your supercharged Diablo and some of the incredible performance numbers it was putting down.

I look forward to more updates.