Ferrari J50

Smash Boy

I really like this better than a lot of the other one-off or special edition Ferrari's that they've been making recently. Ever since they dumped Pinninfarina, I think there's only been a handful of things I like about their recent stylings. There are so many cues on this car taken from the F50 and I think it looks damn good. :icon_super:

Best looking Ferrari in the last 20years IMO. The side profile even suggests a modern interpretation of the 308 series. Although the nose kind of reminds me of the 4th-gen Camero of the mid-90's.

How can you see anything similar in this and that? No need to answer just thinking.

The front end brings 1970s concept cars to mind, like Alfa Romeo Carabo Thum or any other of them.

Very goodlooking car, only part I would change is shape of red portition on the seats. But yeah stellar looking thing!

Like it more than anything else that Ferrari currently makes but just can't ignore this.

Some Italian somewhere spit his espresso all over his keyboard and is furiously and violently thrashing around in front of his computer, swearing about it, but knowing deep down you are right.

:lol2:

I love it! Definitely becoming a huge fan of modern Ferraris that have prominent straight lines in their design. This, the Enzo, 458 MM Speciale, F12 TRS...all gorgeous.

I was listening to a discussion on why a car meant for Japan is being shown here in LHD (and apparently will be the only configuration available), and to those that know the Japanese, it's about status. :lol2:

It might not be so crazy.....a bunch of people here in the States like their older Skylines RHD.

I was listening to a discussion on why a car meant for Japan is being shown here in LHD (and apparently will be the only configuration available), and to those that know the Japanese, it's about status. :lol2:

It might not be so crazy.....a bunch of people here in the States like their older Skylines RHD.

As crazy as it seems, it is true. It's the "prestige" of owning a "foreign car" and foreign vehicles in LHD are considered a cut above. Even Japan's car industry concedes to that: in 2005, Toyota started marketing their own Lexus brand in Japan despite all the models are already available under the Toyota badge with domestic model names, in RHD and cost 12 --18% less. Both Mercedes and BMW sell more LHD models than RHD ones and even brands like Jaguar, Bentley and Rolls Royce where home market is RHD, demands for LHD cars continue.

The funny thing is, nearly all of Japan's highways and express ways are tolled and done in sections. And being RHD, the traffic drives on the left side of the road. Toll booth attendants are actually equipped with extension devices to collect tolls from drivers operating LHD cars.

It's extremely annoying because we can't import any European cars from Japan because exactly the same reason.

For once in a blue moon, we actually have this advantage over you. :)

For once in a blue moon, we actually have this advantage over you. :)

It looks like some posts got lost because I replied to this, this forum software :lol2:

It looks like some posts got lost because I replied to this, this forum software :lol2:

I saw your post before it got lost in cyberspace. Ha ha ha, touché!