christiann

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PRESSRELEASE 18.1.2013

MOST DYNAMIC AND POWERFUL ROLLS-ROYCE IN HISTORY SET FOR DEBUT AT GENEVA MOTOR SHOW

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today confirmed the launch of its next model, Rolls-Royce Wraith.

The car will be presented for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show on 5 March 2013, with first deliveries to customers expected in the fourth quarter of 2013. Torsten Müller-Ötvös, CEO Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, confirmed the news at the company's World Dealer Conference in London this morning.

"Rolls-Royce Wraith will draw superlatives when it is unveiled in Geneva," he explained to representatives of the 100-strong global dealer network. "Expect the boldest design, the most dramatic performance and the most powerful Rolls-Royce that has ever played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine. We will present a model whose starting point is luxury, refinement and exclusivity, traits that have made Rolls-Royce the world's pinnacle luxury good for the last 108 years. This is a car not only defined by a timeless elegance, but one that encapsulates a sense of power, style and drama," added Müller-Ötvös.

BMW Group board member and Rolls-Royce Chairman Harald Krüger, affirmed the company's latest step in the drive for sustainable growth. "The BMW Group is confidently investing into the long-term future of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars," he said. "And this exceptional new car will build on the finest principles of the company's forefathers - the world's best engineering, the employment of cutting edge technology and peerless craftsmanship."

Wraith will be the most dynamic, powerful and beautiful Rolls-Royce in the company's history. It is a breathtaking car that will set a new benchmark in the ultra-luxury segment and will reaffirm the position of Rolls-Royce at the absolute pinnacle of automotive luxury.

The launch will revive one of the most famous Rolls-Royce names first used in 1938. The ethereal name Wraith perfectly expresses the character of the new Rolls-Royce. "Wraith alludes to an almost imperceptible but powerful force, something rare, agile and potent, a spirit that will not be tethered to the earth. It is the perfect name for our new model." added Müller-Ötvös.

When you encounter Wraith, your world stands still as it whispers by. It possesses an unmistakable presence but is difficult, if not impossible, to corral. It defies attempts to contain it.

Wraith draws inspiration from the story of the Honorable Charles Rolls, one of the company's founding forefathers and a man who indulged a passion for innovation, engineering and, most importantly, adventure. Rolls was a passionate racing driver, balloonist and aviator winning the praise of King George V, who hailed him the 'greatest hero of the day' on becoming the first person to cross the English Channel and return non-stop in a flying machine.

Like Rolls, the new car embraces the very finest things in life – elegance, beauty, refinement and luxury – to be enjoyed by a new generation of confident gentlemen and women. It will boldly shape the future of Rolls-Royce, building on the success of Phantom and Ghost, bringing new customers to the marque.

In the weeks leading up to Geneva, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will reveal additional information and a series of teaser images via its PressClub website, to be released at 00:01 GMT on the following dates:

12 February 2013

19 February 2013

26 February 2013

And some spy shots

2014-Rolls-Royce-Ghost-coupe-100-626x382.jpg

Rolls-Royce-Wraith-Autosalon-Genf-2013-729x486-b88338b1ce7373b3.jpg

2014-rolls-royce-ghost-coupe-corniche-spy-shots_100404897_m.jpg

2014-rolls-royce-ghost-coupe-corniche-spy-shots_100404899_m.jpg

I echo the "looks like a Mustang" sentiments. Also per that first photo...you are doing it wrong if all 4 wheels are off the ground in a Roller!

We will see. If it is as sporty as they are acting it could be the worst Rolls in a traditional sense but at the same time, the first that I might like!

• 2 weeks later...

Friend is going to the LA unveiling in Culver City tonight. He said it's hush hush like the original aventador one. No cameras, etc.

Post from friend's Facebook that just left the unveil.

"2 tone Smokey Quartz bottom and Silver Sand top. MSRP $295000. Able to order June....first car Oct 2013."

I know someone on my fb ordered one..and his is coming in Oct.

22081111098427474.jpg

This is just a render..but i think it'll look pretty close..

That looks very similar to the Ghost.

That looks very similar to the Ghost.

Yeah, I kind of doubt it will look exactly like a 2 door ghost would look like indicated in that rendering.

It looks like the BMW 750 chassis is turning into a real workhorse lol. I hopes it looks really good as i am not a huge fan of the Ghost's look. I am sure the performance will be right up there with the best and hopefully ends up being the standard for this class of vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...

In two tone it looks unflattering to say the least, I think it would look much better if it were painted in only one color.

post-9370-1362422028_thumb.jpg

post-9370-1362422037_thumb.jpg

post-9370-1362422049_thumb.jpg