Cizeta-Moroder V16T Prototpye

DtRockstar1

This car has not been seen in public in at least 25 years. Here is a video taken last week of it being worked on at Canepa Motorsports. It even debunks the myth that it is two V8s bolted together by showing the engine block. This video takes a tour around one of the rarest cars ever made.

Chris

Nice video....finally got to see some good shots of the car's engine bay and interior.

Been more open to this car lately, even though I prefer the Diablo to it.

The genesis of the Cizeta-Moroder has always been a good story, probably second to how Lamborghini got started.

Yeah, that is excellent and to think they built this entire car in their shop, engine included, is damn amazing. It's funny to watch him close the door, swinging like a normal door, rather than a scissor style because that front half is so much Diablo.

Cool video. Good god that garage has some serious vehicles in it....

I thought the exact same thing, go back and watch the video again and just look around the background. P1 GTR just hanging around, Porsche 959, some kind of BMW M1 racecar, black CT hiding in the background.

I thought the exact same thing, go back and watch the video again and just look around the background. P1 GTR just hanging around, Porsche 959, some kind of BMW M1 racecar, black CT hiding in the background.

Because you guys asked.... ;)

Because you guys asked.... ;)

Thanks for the comments guys!

And Ian, you beat me to it. Thank you for posting the virtual tour video of the place, that place is an absolute jaw dropper!

Chris

Yeah, that is excellent and to think they built this entire car in their shop, engine included, is damn amazing. It's funny to watch him close the door, swinging like a normal door, rather than a scissor style because that front half is so much Diablo.

Funny you mention that - when I asked one of the shop workers if he could open the door, he apparently forgot it wasn't a Lamborghini. He was trying to open the door vertically!

Chris

• 4 months later...

While I was in Monterey, I made a stop at Canepa again and this time got a video of the Cizeta prototype starting up. Amazing to hear this piece of history come to life!

Chris