Aventador SV/GT spotted?

sl55

:eusa_think:

21819608_170498190166335_291730883590121

21819959_126701391394920_121499267261634

Lamborghini made waves with the introduction of its Huracán Performante, and more specifically, its stunning Nürburgring lap time that challenged million-dollar hypercars. Now, based on these new spy shots, it seems Lamborghini will build upon the success of the Huracán with a Performante version of the bigger, more powerful Aventador. Although the early roadster and later coupe look stock, they feature an exhaust that gives away what's under the skin.

At the back, we can see the standard center-exit exhaust used on every normal Aventador, and even the previous top-tier Aventador, the SV. But above that is a strange metal box with slats and a pair of circles cut out. This box appears to hide the car's real exhaust. And if that's the case, they're positioned in the very same location as on the smaller Huracán Performante.

Using the Huracán Performante as a model, we expect the Aventador version will make more horsepower than the regular Aventador S. The Huracán Performante made 28 more horsepower than the standard all-wheel-drive version, so we wouldn't be surprised to see just as much of an increase for the Aventador, which would put it at about 770 horsepower. The Aventador Performante will also likely use the Huracán's fancy active aerodynamics that can adjust downforce on the left and right sides independently in corners, and naturally there will be a giant wing at the back.

Another interesting thing to note about these prototypes is the use of both a coupe and a roadster. We've seen a nearly production-ready Huracán Performante Spyder out testing, so it wouldn't be out of the question for Lamborghini to do the same for the Aventador. But it's surprising to see Lamborghini testing one this early when we only ever saw Huracán prototypes in coupe guise ahead of the coupe's full reveal.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/15/lamborg.../#slide-7093091

Phase 1 prototypes. They already have a Jota, unless they name it SVJ or something along those lines. The "GT" moniker would fit, but I think they will shy away from it due to many other major brands using it for their cars.

The car you are seeing here is quite far away though.

Phase 1 prototypes. They already have a Jota, unless they name it SVJ or something along those lines. The "GT" moniker would fit, but I think they will shy away from it due to many other major brands using it for their cars.

I heard the same from another source.

I first thought we were looking at the Aventador GT, with the Superveloce name already used, I don't think there will be an Aventador S SV ... but I now also think this might become the Aventador Jota ...

Just a quick render I did for a Coupe:

2019_aventador_gt_6.jpg

And the Roadster:

2019_aventador_gt_10.jpg

I think we might be seeing this final evolution in the Aventador lineup by 2019 ... with a successor being introduced in 2020 already, there isn't that much time left in fact ...

I first thought we were looking at the Aventador GT, with the Superveloce name already used, I don't think there will be an Aventador S SV ... but I now also think this might become the Aventador Jota ...

Just a quick render I did for a Coupe:

2019_aventador_gt_6.jpg

And the Roadster:

2019_aventador_gt_10.jpg

I think we might be seeing this final evolution in the Aventador lineup by 2019 ... with a successor being introduced in 2020 already, there isn't that much time left in fact ...

U r right not much left...

Let's hope they put in a new transmission at least whether it is double clutch or new gear box to improve it from its current state which lags behind other Supercars but I doubt it on this one .

The challenge is greater for Lambo with the advent of 1000 hp HyperCars like Mercedes Project One , P1 etc . Lambo has to stop lagging behind , take the lead again and be the fastest !

U r right not much left...

Let's hope they put in a new transmission at least whether it is double clutch or new gear box to improve it from its current state which lags behind other Supercars but I doubt it on this one .

The challenge is greater for Lambo with the advent of 1000 hp HyperCars like Mercedes Project One , P1 etc . Lambo has to stop lagging behind , take the lead again and be the fastest !

Rumor is the A replacement could be pushing close to 1000hp with the help of electric motors.

Rumor is the A replacement could be pushing close to 1000hp with the help of electric motors.

Lambo had done that with the Asterion at 910 metric hp with V10 + electrics motors. So with a V12, it's more than likely possible. Not exactly innovative though. Around the same time when the Asterion made its debut, there was already a test mule on the road with that technology but in an AV shell. I guess all the tests are still being conducted and it is scheduled for a 2020 release?

I hope they do it with the V12 and exceed 1000 HP because it is getting a bit embarrassing...

I remember I was on the track once and a McLaren overtook my SV roadster on the straight (our strong point supposedly).. I was shocked (it was not even a 720 back then!)

Lambo must regain the lead as it once did !!

It's got to be faster and better technologically to regain the edge. It's wishful thinking.

I hope the new CEO does that instead of more cosmetic changes for yet another 'new' Aventador version to flog us...

I just hope that if they make a GT version, they make the body more extreme like they did on the Diablo GT.

:icon_super:

SSV ... I have been hash tagging it for a year (insert a wink and thumbs up) and I'm all in