Considering an Aventador S

Adrenalista

I’m thinking of getting an Aventador S Roadster, almost ready to pull the trigger, but pausing because I’m wondering why aren’t there more AVS owners popping up? It’s been out long enough I’d think there would be more chatter about it. By all accounts this model has some much needed improvements and my drives in it confirmed for me that I like it better than my ‘16 and it pulls in some things I love from the H.

Is it the looming SVJ that has everyone on pause? Are AVS owners just incredibly shy? Or am I missing something about the S?

I've driven both and wouldn't be itching to upgrade unless it was some amazing deal...

I’m thinking of getting an Aventador S Roadster, almost ready to pull the trigger, but pausing because I’m wondering why aren’t there more AVS owners popping up? It’s been out long enough I’d think there would be more chatter about it. By all accounts this model has some much needed improvements and my drives in it confirmed for me that I like it better than my ‘16 and it pulls in some things I love from the H.

Is it the looming SVJ that has everyone on pause? Are AVS owners just incredibly shy? Or am I missing something about the S?

I agree with the statement above. The difference isnt dramatic between the S and 16 model. I went with a 16 RDS over an S. The SVJ for sure has a major role in the market. If you look at SV prices currently they are dropping, granted dealers are asking too much to start with, but the prices are dropping. If you're not itching badly, Id hold off a bit longer to see what the market does.

I hear what you are saying, I’m already on my dealer’s list for the SVJ Roadster. But patience isn’t one of my virtues lol. And I don’t want to jump into an SV in the interim. I really like some of the updates on the S. I got spoiled with a few things in the Huracan and don’t want to give them up. Love the spec on this one.

Basically I just talked myself into it lol.

I hear what you are saying, I’m already on my dealer’s list for the SVJ Roadster. But patience isn’t one of my virtues lol. And I don’t want to jump into an SV in the interim. I really like some of the updates on the S. I got spoiled with a few things in the Huracan and don’t want to give them up. Love the spec on this one.

Basically I just talked myself into it lol.

:icon_thumleft:

Post some pics when you get it.

Whats the spec????

Roadster, Rosso Efesto (I’m usually not a red fan, but it’s jaw dropping in person), Black diamond stitch with white accents throughout. I’ll post up pics and rest of the build in a different thread once I take delivery.

I replaced my 14 RDS with Performante Spyder and I'm very happy. I thought about the S RDS but the gearbox in the Perfo spoiled me and the car is so much different in Strada and in Corsa - there was no such difference in the Aventador and there is no such difference in SV neither.

I replaced my 14 RDS with Performante Spyder and I'm very happy. I thought about the S RDS but the gearbox in the Perfo spoiled me and the car is so much different in Strada and in Corsa - there was no such difference in the Aventador and there is no such difference in SV neither.

Honestly my Huracan has spoiled me... I love it. No question, I look forward to every time I take it out for a drive. It’s definitely not a performance or engineering downgrade! But I’d be lying if I didn’t say I miss the doors and the lack of civility of the Aventador.

Honestly my Huracan has spoiled me... I love it. No question, I look forward to every time I take it out for a drive. It’s definitely not a performance or engineering downgrade! But I’d be lying if I didn’t say I miss the doors and the lack of civility of the Aventador.

The logical answer is a DCT Aventador, we will get our prayers answered in 18 months or so :icon_thumleft:

The logical answer is a DCT Aventador, we will get our prayers answered in 18 months or so :icon_thumleft:

Won't have to wait for Aventador successor? :shock:

I miss the doors too, they not only look great but are very practical. I also miss the sound of a V12 although that V10 sounds really good. HP is a much better daily car and I don't have to stop and get out of the car to put the roof on when it starts to rain :)

I miss the doors too, they not only look great but are very practical. I also miss the sound of a V12 although that V10 sounds really good. HP is a much better daily car and I don't have to stop and get out of the car to put the roof on when it starts to rain :)

I am using the car a lot more because it’s easier to drive and since it’s all about enjoyment I see that as a huge plus, not really use to have something just to look at.

I am using the car a lot more because it’s easier to drive and since it’s all about enjoyment I see that as a huge plus, not really use to have something just to look at.

I use the Performante Spyder much more than either of the Aventadors, it is a very good daily / weekend even holiday car. For one person :)