SE 30 Project

Jonsav

I'm pretty sure I know this car. If it's what I think it is, he's totally full of shit. There was an se30 from the UK that was parted out about ten years ago who's center chassis clip, doors and misc pieces were used to patch together an old 95 diablo that had hit a pole on the drivers side. If I recall correctly, the car ended up in Arizona and was never finished. I'm almost sure it's this car, the drivetrain should be from the 95, the poor sap that was behind the project used to post here, I think his user name was mtdiablo.

I'm pretty sure I know this car. If it's what I think it is, he's totally full of shit. There was an se30 from the UK that was parted out about ten years ago who's center chassis clip, doors and misc pieces were used to patch together an old 95 diablo that had hit a pole on the drivers side. If I recall correctly, the car ended up in Arizona and was never finished. I'm almost sure it's this car, the drivetrain should be from the 95, the poor sap that was behind the project used to post here, I think his user name was mtdiablo.

Great memory and very helpful for a potential buyer. However I can't imagine how somebody would buy this at this price.

I think the se30 parts actually came from Jay K's wrecked se30.

That alone is worth 100,000 Pounds! :lol2:

:iamwithstupid:

After reading the description something just didn't seem right.

"never driven on the road" but had 1,700km. It's a rolling project and has multi-colored panels?

Looks like a bullshit artist painting another masterpiece. :lol2:

The new owner has joined my Facebook community. Really cool guy, working with Lamborghini PS to bring the car back to life. Has pics posted of a brand new OE chassis on a steel crate.. Also posted pics of the original wreck.. man this car was twisted up bad.

It was not the black one that MTDiablo had...

anyone can join the community.. link in my sig.. can see my 6.0 restoration progress there too..

**edit.. i thought I had a sig here.. shrug.. anyway- search on facebook for Lamborghini Passion!

The new owner has joined my Facebook community. Really cool guy, working with Lamborghini PS to bring the car back to life. Has pics posted of a brand new OE chassis on a steel crate.. Also posted pics of the original wreck.. man this car was twisted up bad.

It was not the black one that MTDiablo had...

anyone can join the community.. link in my sig.. can see my 6.0 restoration progress there too..

**edit.. i thought I had a sig here.. shrug.. anyway- search on facebook for Lamborghini Passion!

Same here, Keith! I just saw the car! It looks like he's already stripping it out and getting to work on it! The V12 looks like it may be legit. I believe this may actually be a full SE30 and not two hacked together cars.

post-210225-1483579226_thumb.jpg

Same here, Keith! I just saw the car! It looks like he's already stripping it out and getting to work on it! The V12 looks like it may be legit. I believe this may actually be a full SE30 and not two hacked together cars.

New info came in- the chassis may have been repaired, not new. WOW. that leaves me a LOT of hope for my own car.

That repaired chassis is already on the car.. was done by previous/current owner/seller. I have since reached out to Polo Storico about my own car again.. just for some number verification that I could REALLY use... hint hint.. if anyone reading has friends that could help influence my plea for them to "throw me a bone".

Another friend sent a link to this place in the UK that did the stripping. Some pics there. I cant get the link to work here at my office? Works on my phone..

www.surfaceprocessing.co.uk/paint-stripping-lamborghini.html#

Finally had a chance to steal these and upload them...

Pics like this give me a boner.. :monkeyleft:

anyone have any other Naked Diablo pics like this???

i-FWbBzDb-M.png

i-NWcDbFr-M.png

i-b25dV2Z.png

That looks so damn good, now imagine something like that made from carbon :shock:

That is an interesting idea. I can't imagine it would look/work the same though. (squares/rectangles etc). I must admit, I have zero experience with carbon fiber as a structural member..

My own project- I was contemplating replacing much of the sheet metal with carbon fiber panels.. but.. I think it will be hard enough to get street cred as it is.. I don't want to deviate too far from OE if I can avoid it..