Did Lamborghini cheat

speed2

A friend of mind said that Lamborghini cheated at the ring by using sticky tires, not production tires. Does anyone know if that is true? Btw, I drive a Huracan and love it.

Jesus Christ, no they didn`t. Those sticky tires are Pirelli P Zero Trofeo Rs. Should be an option for the Performante from either the dealers or directly from the factory themselves on the spec list.

They have also been used on McLaren`s as optional tires. I believe you can also get them for a standard Huracan, but I don`t know how that works. Motor Trend reported that they were not optional for Huracan LP610-4, though some people have gotten them through their dealers.

At the Geneva Show, the Pirelli stand displayed a number of their tires that are currently on the market. The P Zero Trofeo R was one of them. So those can be ordered and bought at any Pirelli authorized agent or from any Lambo dealership.

A number of us were having dinner with Maurizio Reggianni, Lamborghini's technical director, after the show ended for the day. He was showing us the footage (pics) on the his cel phone before, during and after the run. The car's telemetry system was being aired to a monitor at the pit. The tires on the car were clearly visible as the P Zero Trofeo R's. If it was a hoax, Lamborghini sure did one heck of an elaborate one as they pretty well covered all the grounds to make it convincing.

You can make you own judgement based on the above 2 paragraphs.

IMG_6816.JPG

IMG_6817.JPG

All of the people complaining were butthurt GTR fan boys that will never be able to afford a Lamborghini and were commenting on pages like Motor Trend and Car Throttle. Not a single legitimate person has stepped up and called Lamborghini a fake for accomplishing what they did.

All of the people complaining were butthurt GTR fan boys that will never be able to afford a Lamborghini and were commenting on pages like Motor Trend and Car Throttle. Not a single legitimate person has stepped up and called Lamborghini a fake for accomplishing what they did.

Glickenhouse did. I tend to agree with him that no squeal is suspicious.

Tires may be street legal but that doesn't mean they aren't damn near track tires. I think the gains were mostly tire and a little bit of aero...like 80/20.

Glickenhouse did. I tend to agree with him that no squeal is suspicious.

Tires may be street legal but that doesn't mean they aren't damn near track tires. I think the gains were mostly tire and a little bit of aero...like 80/20.

Okay, I stand corrected. I forgot about him. I highly doubt that his car will come close to that time though. HIGHLY DOUBT. Kudos to the man for trying.

Okay, I stand corrected. I forgot about him. I highly doubt that his car will come close to that time though. HIGHLY DOUBT. Kudos to the man for trying.

Performante time or some other time he claimed?

His car did the ring in like 6:20 or something like that I think.

Performante time or some other time he claimed?

Performante time, unless that's already been beaten by him. His previous time was in a fully stripped race car.

Sorry, the fact that I said no one legitimate had challenged Lamborghini's statement yet. I forgot about Jim.

Glickenhaus had some interesting points, mostly based on the substantial improvement of lap time over a standard H and a world record being set by of all things, a non hypercar. A 911 GT3RS or 488 GTB would probably raise similar suspicions if either was the one with the claimed record.

At the same time, Lamborghini would be in one hell of a precarious position if not everything is up to snuff here especially considering they are the ones promoting this lap time record and not a 3rd party.

Either way, not a VW diesel or Exxon Valdez type scenario, so all will be ok in the end. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Not sure if this came up in prior threads on this issue (which I haven't read), but I'm pretty sure I read something recently about some changes to the track that made all cars few seconds faster on it? Perhaps that accounts for some of the improvement.

whats funny is no one said anything with the street legal kumho track tires that the acr comes with.

this car has track records every where and I haven't heard a peep? and these tires are even stickier than trofeo R's.

haters are going to hate..

post-2228-1490019061.png

Something to keep in mind was the Europe only BMW E46 M3 CSL that came out towards the end of that model run....essentially a stripped down road legal M3 with a bit of weight reduction.

It supposedly ran the Ring in 7:50 which was only 3 seconds slower than an LP640. It too was run on near slicks (factory tires), and had a notable advantage in time over the standard M3.

Standard M3 run by same driver...8:22!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%...leife_lap_times

whats funny is no one said anything with the street legal kumho track tires that the acr comes with.

this car has track records every where and I haven't heard a peep? and these tires are even stickier than trofeo R's.

haters are going to hate..

kumho.png

I've long wondered the same thing, and honestly why people care so much? Tires are obviously available to all the different manufacturers and they are free to choose whatever they want (contractual obligations not withstanding). There is no rule saying all record attempts have to be run on a specific tire in some certain size. If it's a DOT legal tire that the car will be sold with, then run the damn thing and see what it does.

If they want to offer a car will optional Hoosier R7's then good on them for finding the best tire available.

Or do people now care what an ACR or other track car will run at mid-ohio on blizzaks during snowmagedon? :lol2:

I think general consensus is that a BIG contributor to the ACR lap times is the bespoke tires. No doubt they also played a major role in the P's incredible outing.

Just to be clear, not all Trofeo R's are created equal. You can bet the ones on the record run were a very special spec and I'm not sure they are even available as an option or for outright purchase yet.

I think general consensus is that a BIG contributor to the ACR lap times is the bespoke tires. No doubt they also played a major role in the P's incredible outing.

Just to be clear, not all Trofeo R's are created equal. You can bet the ones on the record run were a very special spec and I'm not sure they are even available as an option or for outright purchase yet.

I was told recently by the owner of the dealership the factory will offer the exact tire as an accessory option. I guess time will tell.

No need to worry guys:

The Performante WILL be run at the Ring a few times for sure by a few parties, just like every other worthy performance car.

We'll know what the deal is eventually.

No need to worry guys:

The Performante WILL be run at the Ring a few times for sure by a few parties, just like every other worthy performance car.

We'll know what the deal is eventually.

Independents ran the 918 at the ring after and got nowhere near the factory time same will happen with this car, the funny thing is nobody questioned and doubted Porsche's lap.

We all know now what the deal is, that car, that day, with that driver in those conditions lapped the ring in the posted time, change any of the variables and the outcome might be totally different, change the driver for argument sake you might lose few seconds, wind and temperature conditions will also affect the outcome, the list can go on and on.

I will also add, I was told Lamborghini ran a bunch of different times some slower than posted some faster :shock: but decided to post the most consistent time.

My point is, I see this car as a tool, let's use scissors for this argument, you give me the best set in the world and allow me to give you a hair cut, I guarantee you will NOT be happy with the outcome :icon_mrgreen:

Independents ran the 918 at the ring after and got nowhere near the factory time same will happen with this car, the funny thing is nobody questioned and doubted Porsche's lap.

We all know now what the deal is, that car, that day, with that driver in those conditions lapped the ring in the posted time, change any of the variables and the outcome might be totally different, change the driver for argument sake you might lose few seconds, wind and temperature conditions will also affect the outcome, the list can go on and on.

I will also add, I was told Lamborghini ran a bunch of different times some slower than posted some faster :shock: but decided to post the most consistent time.

My point is, I see this car as a tool, let's use scissors for this argument, you give me the best set in the world and allow me to give you a hair cut, I guarantee you will NOT be happy with the outcome :icon_mrgreen:

THIS! :iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

fcuking idiots everywhere, cant leave it alone . The real issue is in my opinion is that the car world is pissed off that an assembly line exotic went so fast around the ring and made the other so called hyper cars look bad. The performante is a super hot car, fcuk off disbelievers.