Lamborghini LB48H Hybrid Supercar Showcased at a Private Event

sl55

Lamborghini LB48H will be the Italian brand’s first hybrid supercar.

Our sources tell us that Lamborghini is working on a limited edition hypercar. A prototype was showcased at a private event in Italy a few weeks ago.

The new hybrid supercar codenamed: LB48H is a precursor to the Aventador replacement, which is rumoured to debut around 2020. But, more importantly, the LB48H will have a hybrid powertrain. If you recall, Lamborghini R&D boss Maurizio Reggiani had hinted at a one-off hypercar back in September 2017

In terms of styling, the LB48H borrows design cues from the Terzo Millennio concept, which was revealed in November 2017.

While, 200 prospective clients attended the event, it is believed that only 63 units of the Lamborghini LB48H will be built. Production will start by end-2018 and deliveries are expected in the latter half of 2019. It is likely to cost around $2.5 million before taxes.

Lamborghini will be showcasing the car in New York and Tokyo in the coming weeks.

http://www.thesupercarblog.com/lamborghini...rcar-showcased/

May I be the first to offer my sincerest condolences to those that purchased things like the Veneno and Centenario. You could have gotten a really special car to go along with the body kit had you waited a little bit longer.

I'm not wealthy enough to know how it feels, but I can only imagine what it's like to buy a Centenario and then something like this shows up.

May I be the first to offer my sincerest condolences to those that purchased things like the Veneno and Centenario. You could have gotten a really special car to go along with the body kit had you waited a little bit longer.

I'm not wealthy enough to know how it feels, but I can only imagine what it's like to buy a Centenario and then something like this shows up.

Irrelevant that’s how it feels, people at that level have more than two cents to rub together, the same buyers were preselected and offered the new LE car. If they like what they see they buy it and dump their current rides or keep them, the market functions exactly the same at every single level, the numbers are greater and that’s the only difference.

I agree with your assessment that the Veneno and Centenario are virtually modified Aventadors but what people buy is exclusivity and the experience, when you run out of things to buy with your money it gets annoyingly boring and so you need new challenges.

Then when the Aventador replacement comes out will you feel bad for the buyers of this car? Progress happens but like Fortis said, this is exclusivity.

• 9 months later...