New FORD GT Design Video

NRG x Lambo

Cool video. I wasn't very excited when the Huracan came out. But with this Ford GT, I am so stoked. Can't wait to get one. Even the wife approves :icon_thumleft:

It's going to be extremely difficult to get one of these. Much, much harder than the last one.

What the hell do you know!?

I went to 3 BIG Ford dealers.. I think he is right about being tough NO INTEREST at MSRP or even close

regardless what MSRP will be.

I went to 3 BIG Ford dealers.. I think he is right about being tough NO INTEREST at MSRP or even close

The big socal ford dealers can be cocks. Fairview is really decent, try talking to Dave in the fleet side and he won't jerk you around.

1st quest question is how many Fords have you owned? Most of the GTs are going to guys who have spent at least 500K on Trucks from the dealers. They don't give a shit about the guy who has never purchased anything else from them before.

1st quest question is how many Fords have you owned? Most of the GTs are going to guys who have spent at least 500K on Trucks from the dealers. They don't give a shit about the guy who has never purchased anything else from them before.

Yup I'm having no luck with the ford dealers I have spent several 100k with to lock down 3 at msrp cash deals. So far I'm being told 50k over what msrp is. My friends and I are still on the hunt. If this car is 200-225k will b a good sale and price point. I have heard rumors of 300-400k msrp which seems too high.

This car is breathtaking!! I took my wife to the auto show just to show her this car and the first thing she said to me was "Is this a real car?" lol

Does anyone here have any information on the differences between the concept and production car or is this it!

There will be very, very minor differences. The car on display represents production intent, designed to meet all existing regulations, with 95%+ actual similarity to the production car. Because of the extremely compressed timeline between inception and production, just no time to mess around with a "concept."

The car is going to be expensive, hard to get, and at this point any dealer telling you he'll sell you a spot for an allocation is doing so on a prayer that is a virtual lock to go unfulfilled. I also think barring intervention from the mothership, $50k over MSRP is a pipe dream. I would love to be wrong on that front, but many people paid more than $50k over MSRP for the last car during the initial frenzy, and they built vastly more 05/06 cars than they will be building of the new one. Virtually all the production of the last car stayed in the U.S. New car is global, which whittles it even further.

I think people have to recognize that in a market where people are paying $250-300k for 05/06 GTs, it's wishful thinking that Ford would sell a full-CF car that is much higher performance at that price.

DBK thank you very much for the info, is there any talk on release day?

Any of you good people have a great relationship with a Ford dealer? I used to own a Ford Fiesta 20 odd years ago, I don't think that would count :icon_mrgreen:

It'll be on the road in customer hands in late 2016.

Ford sent a memo to dealers that noted:

"· Customer Deposits - At this time we believe it is premature for dealers to request or accept deposits until allocation methodology is finalized and communicated"

That's their first shot at telling even some of the bigger sized dealers to slow their roll on telling people "oh yeah, we'll be getting one."

I've owned 2 original Gt40's one 289 one 427. I'm going to write a letter to Henry Ford III and beg to get one.

My first exotic was a GT40 in 1972 , I'm 70 so I'll tell him I want my Last exotic to be a GT40!!!!

gt40.jpg

I've owned 2 original Gt40's one 289 one 427. I'm going to write a letter to Henry Ford III and beg to get one.

My first exotic was a GT40 in 1972 , I'm 70 so I'll tell him I want my Last exotic to be a GT40!!!!

How in the world did you fit inside there? The roof is at your belt line!