Ugliest car made uglier

topcabron

I would say this is more weird/bizarre than ugly. But I think the Lagonda sedan was actually rather cool. Comparatively, Rolls Royces were "common" whereas the Lagonda was an unicorn. It's quirky cool of course and the earlier cars with the touch-sensitive dash was a nightmare in actual driving conditions. Contrary to popular believe, though, the electronics themselves were not as unreliable as they seemed; the gremlins were actually the connectors. Once those were replaced with higher quality ones, everything will work fine and last quite long.

Given the chance, one should see the earlier cars with the folding headlights all deployed along with all the fog/driving lights turned on. It looks like an UFO had landed.

I would say this is more weird/bizarre than ugly. But I think the Lagonda sedan was actually rather cool. Comparatively, Rolls Royces were "common" whereas the Lagonda was an unicorn. It's quirky cool of course and the earlier cars with the touch-sensitive dash was a nightmare in actual driving conditions. Contrary to popular believe, though, the electronics themselves were not as unreliable as they seemed; the gremlins were actually the connectors. Once those were replaced with higher quality ones, everything will work fine and last quite long.

Given the chance, one should see the earlier cars with the folding headlights all deployed along with all the fog/driving lights turned on. It looks like an UFO had landed.

The Lagonda s4 is imo one of the best looking sedans ever built.

• 7 months later...
The Lagonda s4 is imo one of the best looking sedans ever built.

I always wanted one of those , but was concerned about the electrical issues with the dash. I think they are a bad ass looking car

Yeah the interior electronics were ahead of their time coupled with their rarity could make it a headache. I think its a cool car. The Espada is not a car that fits in the traditional sexy box, yet its a fcuking cool car

I'd really like to see an in depth video of the dash. I believe a friend of mine will be posting one soon, but most of the videos on YouTube don't seem to show that much.

Seems like flattened and stretched Volvo 745 with american model headlamps.

Very cool imho. That cockpit is propably maintenance nightmare.

The S4 was a big improvement, though Aston was only able to sell 100 before they killed it off. I think the new Lagonda is one of the prettiest large saloon designs on the market right now much better than the Rapide.

post-13077-1475629779_thumb.jpg

Seems like flattened and stretched Volvo 745 with american model headlamps.

Was just gonna say the same thing, esp. considering I grew up with a 745 in that color.

The S4 was a big improvement, though Aston was only able to sell 100 before they killed it off. I think the new Lagonda is one of the prettiest large saloon designs on the market right now much better than the Rapide.

post-13077-1475629779_thumb.jpg

Especially now when every car looks exactly the same. Sedan/saloon cars are molded very similarly.

Take 1/4 rearside-view of a modern WW, Ford, Mercedes, Audi or BMW and it is almost impossible to tell them apart if you take badges off.

lagonda_taraf_full.jpg

I agree that the new Lagonda is the most beautiful sedan available but that price point is something that always confused me. Is there anything justifying the $1,000,000 price tag other than the limited production?

I agree that the new Lagonda is the most beautiful sedan available but that price point is something that always confused me. Is there anything justifying the $1,000,000 price tag other than the limited production?

"I agree that the new Lagonda is the most beautiful sedan available"...I think you answered your own question. Aston's depreciate like rocks, pick up a used one if you don't like the asking price.