Aw Geez! Is the NSX that fast??

Plastique999

the look of the NSX has grown on me... i DONT think it'll be the TIMELESS legend the first NSX is. and the new NSX is $120-140k cool, but not $200k cool IMO.

the look of the NSX has grown on me... i DONT think it'll be the TIMELESS legend the first NSX is. and the new NSX is $120-140k cool, but not $200k cool IMO.

It's certainly a lot cooler than I expected.

A lot of unnecessary hate for that car while the Audi R8 has been lauded from day one -- not a ton better looking IMHO.

Agree on the price points.

Don't forget that the old NSX was about $90-100k new all on "feel" and purity.

This new car at least has #s that are competitive with last generation F and L cars.

heh, very true... :)

with all the work, design, tech and delays that went into this car I don't just see any advantage it has with it's 3 electric motors and twin turbo engine, being the first "affordable" sports car hybrid, it can't even outperform the GT-R which is going on 8 years old now...

when the new GT-R comes out we'll see what hybrid tech really means outside the hyper car level....

My god you're spoiled. :icon_mrgreen:

That's two Japanese super cars with abnormally long gestation periods that came out long 5 years too late performancewise. Lexus LFA (at least it had one of the best sounding motors ever) and now the NSX. NSX isn't that great sounding either considering the price. R8 sounds way better imho. It looks nice in white but I still hate the bic shaver grill.

Yeah, despite what the Avey vs. NSX video shows, the NSX is actually still slower than a new GT-R, and an R8 walks away without any trouble. For the price, the new R8 is a monster.

Yeah, despite what the Avey vs. NSX video shows, the NSX is actually still slower than a new GT-R, and an R8 walks away without any trouble. For the price, the new R8 is a monster.

The R8 is basically a reskinned Huracan so the results seems to be as expected 10.6@130.

May I say, what is Porsche feeding these new 911s? Regular Carreras trapping 120 mph?!

• 4 months later...

Drove NSX tonight but it was snowing, wet roads so I wasn't gonna put my foot in it.

Interior fairly well done. Seat was snug and had good support. Don't like nose and grill.

There was almost no room for luggage. My GT4 will carry 4x what the NSX can carry. I pack VERY light but hubby and I would have trouble getting weekend bags in the trunk. Zero room in the nose.

Sounded okay in sport plus but for $175k I wasn't moved by it. The lines don't do it for me.

Quite the porker at 3800 pounds! Yeah it's quick but there's more to enjoying a car than 0-60

Terribly boring looking car in my opinion, i cant believe they couldn't come up with something a little more appealing .

Terribly boring looking car in my opinion, i cant believe they couldn't come up with something a little more appealing .

I drove one recently and hated it. Steering is unnatural. I thought the interior was really busy and cheap, antithesis of the old car which was a game changer and I loved (and regret selling).

The NSX has shown to be 2 seconds slower to 150Mph than a regular Porsche Turbo. A Turbo S would leave it for dead. Even the GTR was a 1/10 quicker.

I test drove and wasn't floored with the performance. Not a huge fan of the paddle shifters following the steering wheel.. and in Hawaii they are asking 195-204.. the guy lost me when he said in wuss mode it drives like a TL. Not the drive I'm looking for.