They ruined a Huracan, for this?!

Destructo

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1114271...image=100643008

While it’s not secret I wasn’t a fan of the Huracan early on, i’ll say to destroy one for this seems even a bit much for my tastes. I’m sure someone somewhere likes it, but man, just no.

ares-project-panther_100643002_h.jpg

“What the fcuk have I done here...”

ares-project-panther_100643011_h.jpg

The Ares Project Panther, apparently a take on the incredible De Tomaso Pantera based on the Lamborghini Huracan. It looks like a frumpy NSX with a strong dash of stupid for good measure.

Anyone cracking open their check book for this beauty? :lol2:

I was there at the event and saw it in the flesh. It is not even a first prototype but more of an initial mockup. i thought it looked quite good for an early stage of the concept. It is a very ambitious and impressive undertaking as is the entire new Ares Modena factory. Each to his own as to weather it appeals. Ares is simply filling a niche and their attention to the details is refreshing.

fcuk all y'all haters. I like it. Then again I was a former Pantera owner, so yeah, I am biased. The pre-L bumper-ettes tribute looks alright.

Why would they do this?

The car won't be engineered any better. It won't look any better, it won't handle any better. They didn't solve any problem if you ask me.

If they did it for a cool retro look, they failed. Take a REAL pantera retro car and use the chassis and frame to put a huracan suspension, drivetrain in it, it would appeal a lot more to the retro mod guys.

fcuk all y'all haters. I like it. Then again I was a former Pantera owner, so yeah, I am biased. The pre-L bumper-ettes tribute looks alright.

I don’t hate it. I too love the pantera.

Come to think of it, aren't flipping headlights illegal since the late 90's?

Edit: found the answer. In theory, they are still legal but the stringent Euro Pedestrian Impact Regs practically made it impossible for a proper appealing and legal design so it's as good as dead.

I kinda like it.

also, when's the last time a car with popup headlights hit the market? 30 years?

2004 Corvette C5

:)

2004_chevrolet_corvette_coupe_z06_fq_oem