Creepy Cell Phone Occurrence

IanMan

So I know cell phones are not bulletproof, but I just had a spooky occurrence and have never had anything happen like that before. I missed a phone call from my wife. I call her 15 minutes later, no answer. I call her another 15 minutes later, no answer. I call again to make sure it’s not my shitty phone reception or hers. It starts to ring again, someone answers the phone while it’s still ringing and says “Hello? This is Anthony.” Immediately I try to think, who the fcuk Anthony is. Nobody I know. I think, did my wife get into an accident or something or did she lose her phone? I say “who the hell are you?” Guy hangs up. Call is still ringing mind you, ANOTHER GUY PICKS UP! “Hello? Hello? Hello?” He keeps saying hello while I’m trying to talk to him and ask who the fcuk he is. He hangs up. The phone is still ringing... eventually my wife picks up. I ask her what’s going on and she has no idea and FaceTimes me from home. She said her phone only rang once.

I know that the police can wirelessly view phone information and screen calls with out a warrant in areas but I find that highly unlikely where I live. It’s a very secluded area. Is my phone getting hacked? Is something else going on? I have an iPhone 7 Plus. Is Sprint that terrible that their calls are connecting to other peoples’ phones? Has anyone encountered this before? I figured there is a wealth of knowledge here so this might be the place to ask.

So I know cell phones are not bulletproof, but I just had a spooky occurrence and have never had anything happen like that before. I missed a phone call from my wife. I call her 15 minutes later, no answer. I call her another 15 minutes later, no answer. I call again to make sure it’s not my shitty phone reception or hers. It starts to ring again, someone answers the phone while it’s still ringing and says “Hello? This is Anthony.” Immediately I try to think, who the fcuk Anthony is. Nobody I know. I think, did my wife get into an accident or something or did she lose her phone? I say “who the hell are you?” Guy hangs up. Call is still ringing mind you, ANOTHER GUY PICKS UP! “Hello? Hello? Hello?” He keeps saying hello while I’m trying to talk to him and ask who the fcuk he is. He hangs up. The phone is still ringing... eventually my wife picks up. I ask her what’s going on and she has no idea and FaceTimes me from home. She said her phone only rang once.

I know that the police can wirelessly view phone information and screen calls with out a warrant in areas but I find that highly unlikely where I live. It’s a very secluded area. Is my phone getting hacked? Is something else going on? I have an iPhone 7 Plus. Is Sprint that terrible that their calls are connecting to other peoples’ phones? Has anyone encountered this before? I figured there is a wealth of knowledge here so this might be the place to ask.

That or your wife just got done with a gangbang....

Nope. No Bluetooth. That I could understand and I know Bluetooth can easily be hacked. Recently people have been calling me and half my calls go straight to voicemail for those people and my phone never rings, even when I'm on wifi and have signal.

Hahaha. I know, right? Nope. No gangbang. The phone was still ringing while these two different men were talking. It rang a lot longer than a normal phone call.

Nope. No Bluetooth. That I could understand and I know Bluetooth can easily be hacked. Recently people have been calling me and half my calls go straight to voicemail for those people and my phone never rings, even when I'm on wifi and have signal.

:iamwithstupid: iPain 7

Lambo Power Gold Level response

I’ve had something similar happen to me but the roles reversed its me the wife is calling and some other woman picks up and says she has the wrong number .... oddly enough I just happened to be about 3-4 minutes from home but I could see where it could cause some problems. I see her phone and an outgoing call that connects to my number but my phone doesn’t show a corresponding incoming call to me at all!

Sounds like telephony issue. Not the device itself.

Sprint is world class crap. I am not a huge fan of ATT or Verizon but at least they just have reception issues, rather than telephony issues.

Thanks guys for the input, and Kinnsella for making me laugh. :lol2:

I'm going to contact my provider today. Sprint has got to be the WORST cell phone service provider I have ever dealt with. the wife and I downgraded our plan earlier this year and switched to them from AT&T to save more money and it has been the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals ever. :icon_mrgreen: Under no circumstance would I ever recommend someone to switch to Sprint ever. I've been plagued with bad reception, my buyout plan did not go according to contract when I first switched, they send me solicitation text messages monthly, solicitation calls, they never have reception, you cannot use your phone on speaker and use the internet to look something up during a call, the list goes on and on. Once my contract is up, I'm going back to AT&T.

you cannot use your phone on speaker and use the internet to look something up during a call

FWIW this is a bit more involved than just Sprint. From my understanding:

GSM Carriers (AT&T / T-Mobile) – Both can use voice and data at the same. Either on HSPA or on LTE (using VoLTE).

CDMA Carriers (Sprint / Verizon) – These carriers can only handle voice or data. Not both at the same time… Unless using VoLTE. Verizon currently has VoLTE whereas Sprint doesn’t. You may be asking – why is this? My old phone did this... which I am sure it did. A longer explanation is below.

[iNFO]

The older phones had two CDMA radios put in them (such as the S3 on Sprint). One dedicated to voice -- another dedicated to data. Therefore you could do voice and data. GSM has always been one radio because that one radio can do both tasks at the same time. They got around it on CDMA by simply adding another radio in there and dedicating each one to one task.

Now they're getting rid of that second CDMA radio. So therefore you can only use talk, or data -- not both at the same time. Now if you're using VoLTE for your calls it will allow voice and data since the call will be going through LTE (as data) so it is technically then all data which would bypass this restriction.[/iNFO]

FWIW this is a bit more involved than just Sprint. From my understanding:

GSM Carriers (AT&T / T-Mobile) – Both can use voice and data at the same. Either on HSPA or on LTE (using VoLTE).

CDMA Carriers (Sprint / Verizon) – These carriers can only handle voice or data. Not both at the same time… Unless using VoLTE. Verizon currently has VoLTE whereas Sprint doesn’t. You may be asking – why is this? My old phone did this... which I am sure it did. A longer explanation is below.

[iNFO]

The older phones had two CDMA radios put in them (such as the S3 on Sprint). One dedicated to voice -- another dedicated to data. Therefore you could do voice and data. GSM has always been one radio because that one radio can do both tasks at the same time. They got around it on CDMA by simply adding another radio in there and dedicating each one to one task.

Now they're getting rid of that second CDMA radio. So therefore you can only use talk, or data -- not both at the same time. Now if you're using VoLTE for your calls it will allow voice and data since the call will be going through LTE (as data) so it is technically then all data which would bypass this restriction.[/iNFO]

You're bringing back memories of school.

Back when CDMA was the thing and GSM was the future.

comment of the year on LP!

I have never had that issue happen. But I have had lines cross and ended up in someone else's conversation

Have a conversation with the suspicious party that you appreciate that they fronted you the "stuff" and you finally have the cash to give them. Where would you like to meet so you give him the money....?

Have a conversation with the suspicious party that you appreciate that they fronted you the "stuff" and you finally have the cash to give them. Where would you like to meet so you give him the money....?
:badgrin: My, how SYNYSTR of you!!

:badgrin: My, how SYNYSTR of you!!

I once had a friend help me out and I pretended to be a police officer at a murder scene when a telemarketing company called me. Started asking them questions when they asked my name. "Did you know Mr. _____? I'm going to have to ask why you have his number. Right now we're investigating his murder at the scene of the crime. I'm sorry I'm going to have to ask you some questions" Buddy in the background: "We haven't dusted for prints yet! Don't touch that!"

I once had a friend help me out and I pretended to be a police officer at a murder scene when a telemarketing company called me. Started asking them questions when they asked my name. "Did you know Mr. _____? I'm going to have to ask why you have his number. Right now we're investigating his murder at the scene of the crime. I'm sorry I'm going to have to ask you some questions" Buddy in the background: "We haven't dusted for prints yet! Don't touch that!"

You mean like this?

You mean like this?

Yes!!! I think that's where I got the idea from. fcuking hilarious! :lol2:

Mine wasn't quite as eloquent. We hung up because we were laughing so hard.

Thanks guys for the input, and Kinnsella for making me laugh. :lol2:

I'm going to contact my provider today. Sprint has got to be the WORST cell phone service provider I have ever dealt with. the wife and I downgraded our plan earlier this year and switched to them from AT&T to save more money and it has been the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals ever. :icon_mrgreen: Under no circumstance would I ever recommend someone to switch to Sprint ever. I've been plagued with bad reception, my buyout plan did not go according to contract when I first switched, they send me solicitation text messages monthly, solicitation calls, they never have reception, you cannot use your phone on speaker and use the internet to look something up during a call, the list goes on and on. Once my contract is up, I'm going back to AT&T.

That was a good laugh, we are a sensitive bunch here aren’t we?? Lol

Hope it’s all sorted.

Best,

You mean like this?

There’s a special place in my heart for phone calls like this, being a reformed former telemarketer of the highest rank. Hell it was the only thing in my life I as ever real good at. Ok that’s a stretch but this was quality work on the part of the cop he is what’s referred to a “phone pro”. He took the initiative away from the telemarketer and took him down his road, getting his address “geographically where’s work.” And the guy flipped(meaning he surrendered and gave up the address.

Those kinds of moves can only be performed on a regular basis by a phone pro.

Believe it most successful big money sales on the phone are calls like this, until the gay comments at the end.

Nice work.

I miss being on the phones, been 20 years and 3 months