Looking for a "good" CT

triple-x

Anyone have or know of anyone selling a "good" CT.

I'm not looking for a project car either.

As of right now I've narrowed it down to two cars one is being offered by Roy the other is a private seller.

I want to see what else is out there before I pull the trigger.

No Red cars please unless they have white interior. Red/Tan is not my style.

Also, no 2V FI cars...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking right? The markets is as flooded as it has ever been, so you can be as choosey as

you want.

Anyone have or know of anyone selling a "good" CT.

I'm not looking for a project car either.

As of right now I've narrowed it down to two cars one is being offered by Roy the other is a private seller.

I want to see what else is out there before I pull the trigger.

No Red cars please unless they have white interior. Red/Tan is not my style.

Also, no 2V FI cars...

Red/Tan is the only way to go! :icon_thumleft:

Good luck searching!

:iamwithstupid:

You're joking right? The markets is as flooded as it has ever been, so you can be as choosey as

you want.

Joe Frazar CT is for sale, black I think.

:iamwithstupid:

Joe Frazar CT is for sale, black I think.

a very nice FI 5000

also Brian's weber 5000S is for sale (on Roy's site) and it is a nice car

I believe Joe's Countach is a FI 2 Valve car.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, however he states that he does not want a 2-valve FI car.

All that being said here is a 88.5 model. It will have all of the improvements that Lamborghini developed throughout the years which is good.

I do not know the dealer so do your own due diligence. Best of luck, Vic

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

a very nice FI 5000

also Brian's weber 5000S is for sale (on Roy's site) and it is a nice car

Ask Roy what he thinks of Joe Frazar's car (price wise) I've been there done that with Joe's car. I don't buy cars from car flippers with stories, sorry!

Brian is a great guy, his car and one other are in the top two, I'll probably go with Brian's car if nothing else "good" comes up.

If anyone else knows of a "good" one that's not red or 2V FI like Joe's CT let me know.

I agree the market is flooded....... With undesirable project cars there’s a couple of nice red cars but red is not my color.

I prefer white/white LP5000 or white/red if anyone knows of any. (86, 87)

If you guys want to know the real condition of 12550 let me know its back on the market in a major mess.

Remember guys I'm new here but not new!

Ask Roy what he thinks of Joe Frazar's car (price wise) I've been there done that with Joe's car. I don't buy cars from car flippers with stories, sorry!

Brian is a great guy, his car and one other are in the top two, I'll probably go with Brian's car if nothing else "good" comes up.

If anyone else knows of a "good" one that's not red or 2V FI like Joe's CT let me know.

I agree the market is flooded....... With undesirable project cars there’s a couple of nice red cars but red is not my color.

I prefer white/white LP5000 or white/red if anyone knows of any. (86, 87)

If you guys want to know the real condition of 12550 let me know its back on the market in a major mess.

Remember guys I'm new here but not new!

what is the price of Joe's car?

also other members have seen and drove it prior to some worcks done to this 5000S fi (i think at Bobileff) and described it as a good car...

I believe Joe's Countach is a FI 2 Valve car.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, however he states that he does not want a 2-valve FI car.

All that being said here is a 88.5 model. It will have all of the improvements that Lamborghini developed throughout the years which is good.

I do not know the dealer so do your own due diligence. Best of luck, Vic

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

Thanks Vic, I've seen that one for quite sometime now.

The reason that most of these cars are not selling is that they are overpriced in this market.

Look at Brian’s car for example, great car killer combo, but it’s over priced, that’s why it’s been sitting on the market for about a year now.

There’s a lot of nice QV’s in the 90’s, if Brian let his go for a little bit less 80’s (pending looking at it in person) I’ll probably be the next custodian.

I honestly do not want to deal with a retail dealer, prefer to go private to private on this deal.

The only person I would ever think of doing a dealer buy would be from Roy, he gave me Brian's contact info and said "go for it he's a nice guy and that's a great car". I don't know of any dealers that would do that.

Joe's car does not have any well documented service done for the exception of a water pump that Geo. Evans did for him and a couple of other minor things that do not amount to a hill of beans. His attitude was that of a used car dealer, thanks but no thanks.

I've had quite a few conversations with all the top guys about Joe's car and none can come up with anything.

I was hoping that Joe's car the last 2V that's the only reason I was interested in it to begin with. Joe’s is FLA12794 FLA12795 is red and is also for sale, FLA12795 is the very last 2V too bad its RED! (and over priced) lol

Roy claims that the 2V FI is way underpowered, knowing that now why would I want something like that?

PM Roy and ask him what he thinks the value of Joe’s car should be.

The sad thing is, the market is only going to get worse before it gets better.

what is the price of Joe's car?

also other members have seen and drove it prior to some worcks done to this 5000S fi (i think at Bobileff) and described it as a good car...

Joe offered it up at 80k.

Ask Roy Cats what he thinks the value of it should be being an FI car.

If Joe gives it up for what Roy would buy it for then he has a deal. (sight unseen)

I'm aiming towards Brian's car or one other QV.

That's why I asked are there any other "good" ones privately that I should know about before pulling the trigger.

I am curious what car this is? According to the registry its overseas.

DLA12550 1983 12550 Red Beige Surrey, GB registered BR 33.

I am curious what car this is? According to the registry its overseas.

DLA12550 1983 12550 Red Beige Surrey, GB registered BR 33.

Sorry should have been more specific.

KLA12550

White/Red 25th It was sold by Domani last summer.

http://www.globalautosports.com/car/1989-L...oupe-22833.html

The woman that's selling it is a joke. I spoke to quite a few people in the know trying to establish a value for it.

"Kim" told us for the offer amount she'll chop up the car and sell it for parts., minded this isn't even her car.

The woman doesnt even know its made out of aluminum! lmao

Hey Vic, I just called Oodley. The guy has a personality of a turnip.

Typical used car salesman.

I had no desire to ever call there anyway, but said what the heck.

I asked Steve, (very politely) is there any room to move on his car, he said no it is what it is acting that his is the only one on the market.

He just lost a sale, next!

Eventually I’m going to find a car at the price I’m willing to pay.

I have plenty of cars in my collection so basically unless I buy one “right” I’m just going to pass. No biggy. One will eventually come along.

When buying a Countach, power should not be a big consideration, when it comes to deciding which factory stock car to buy. Any hot late model factory Mustang, is going to blow your doors off. Corvettes, Vipers, and 2010 Camaro - stay away from. If you want factory power in a Countach, you should consider just the dd QV Euro RoW cars.

If you do not want the dd QV Euro RoW carb cars, it is probably a good idea to simply decide if you want carbs or fuel injection. A 2V F.I. car that is set up correctly, will run better than an average running out-of-tune 2V Weber carb car or 4V F.I. car. I would not automatically dismiss the 2V F.I. car, if you are willing to consider a 4V F.I. car.

Hey Vic, I just called Oodley. The guy has a personality of a turnip.

Typical used car salesman.

I never had any dealings with them, just figured it was an 88.5 which is sought after for the reasons I mentioned previously.

Just keep searching around and get exactly what you want. If its a white on white or a red with white just wait it out.

Best of luck, Vic

I never had any dealings with them, just figured it was an 88.5 which is sought after for the reasons I mentioned previously.

Just keep searching around and get exactly what you want. If its a white on white or a red with white just wait it out.

Best of luck, Vic

I owned a 25th back in the early 90's.

I never experienced a 2V FI much less knew they were out there; I think only 30 were made.

So, when I wanted to learn more about them after seeing Eric’s black 2V FI, I did what anyone that didn’t know about the 2V FI would do.

I contacted Joe Sackey to establish providence, I called George Evens to establish maintenance history, I then contacted Roy Cats to establish current market value.

Sackey had zero info on the car and said it was never on his radar, George said there was no real maintance history on it other than a rebuilt water pump and a rotor, and you don’t even want to hear what Roy said.

Out of respect for Joe and people on this board I’m not going to go there for the exception of… Roy mentioned that the 2V FI car is not where I would be happy.

A DD is out of the question for now, nice to have but for me its totally unrealistic (for me anyways).

I currently own 8 Vipers (all were bought brand new) ALL are top of their class for the year built with two of them being 1’offs.

After driving ACR’s and CompCoupes for 7+ years I seriously doubt that any CT out there would give me a woody power wise.

I’m not looking for the “My dick is bigger than yours CT” I’m looking for a nice sensible example that I can drive a couple of times a week and enjoy.

Nothing more nothing less, and definitely not to flip to make a buck.

So far the one that’s really caught my attention and is esthetically pleasing is Brian’s car.

There is 1 QV that also has my attention, and is a great example, too bad its red.

I’ll be going to look at the red QV since I need to go there anyway to pick up my boat that’s the only reason I’ll be looking at this QV first, if I like it I’ll buy it, if I don’t I’m going to make it a point to drive to Kansas on my way home to look at Brian’s car.

I like Brian’s attitude. Come by we’ll take a couple of cars out for the day and have fun. That’s the kind of guy I would buy a car from any day. If he puts it in my hands at a decent fair market price he has a sale, besides the money is going to go to a worthy cause his black LP400 resto.

By preferring Brian’s 2V carb car shows you that I’m looking for that “right CT for me” & not the most powerful.

I owned a 25th back in the early 90's.

I never experienced a 2V FI much less knew they were out there; I think only 30 were made.

So, when I wanted to learn more about them after seeing Eric’s black 2V FI, I did what anyone that didn’t know about the 2V FI would do.

I contacted Joe Sackey to establish providence, I called George Evens to establish maintenance history, I then contacted Roy Cats to establish current market value.

Sackey had zero info on the car and said it was never on his radar, George said there was no real maintance history on it other than a rebuilt water pump and a rotor, and you don’t even want to hear what Roy said.

Out of respect for Joe and people on this board I’m not going to go there for the exception of… Roy mentioned that the 2V FI car is not where I would be happy.

A DD is out of the question for now, nice to have but for me its totally unrealistic (for me anyways).

I currently own 8 Vipers (all were bought brand new) ALL are top of their class for the year built with two of them being 1’offs.

After driving ACR’s and CompCoupes for 7+ years I seriously doubt that any CT out there would give me a woody power wise.

I’m not looking for the “My dick is bigger than yours CT” I’m looking for a nice sensible example that I can drive a couple of times a week and enjoy.

Nothing more nothing less, and definitely not to flip to make a buck.

So far the one that’s really caught my attention and is esthetically pleasing is Brian’s car.

There is 1 QV that also has my attention, and is a great example, too bad its red.

I’ll be going to look at the red QV since I need to go there anyway to pick up my boat that’s the only reason I’ll be looking at this QV first, if I like it I’ll buy it, if I don’t I’m going to make it a point to drive to Kansas on my way home to look at Brian’s car.

I like Brian’s attitude. Come by we’ll take a couple of cars out for the day and have fun. That’s the kind of guy I would buy a car from any day. If he puts it in my hands at a decent fair market price he has a sale, besides the money is going to go to a worthy cause his black LP400 resto.

By preferring Brian’s 2V carb car shows you that I’m looking for that “right CT for me” & not the most powerful.

good luck on your search

p.s. Brian's black LP400 is an LP400S S2 for what i know

Opps I did a typo and couldn't fix it in time.

Provenance not providence lol

I don't think anyone caught that yet.

I can't wait to see Brian's Copper LP4000S the car sounds brutal in his youtube vids.

Leo sorry I came across as such a ****** to you. It is obvious you think I own a junk car. I am honestly quite happy with it. Every person that has driven it has been very pleased with the car and quite taken with how well the car drives. I am just an a car guy having fun, if the car does not sell, I will just keep it. Yes I am a dealer by profession but this is not a "Flip" as you put it.

Had to defend my honor after that slapping I just got!!!!!!

Joe Frazar

Leo sorry I came across as such a ****** to you. It is obvious you think I own a junk car. I am honestly quite happy with it. Every person that has driven it has been very pleased with the car and quite taken with how well the car drives. I am just an a car guy having fun, if the car does not sell, I will just keep it. Yes I am a dealer by profession but this is not a "Flip" as you put it.

Had to defend my honor after that slapping I just got!!!!!!

Joe Frazar

Joe no one slapped you and by all means it was not my intention

Now that’s behind us.

I asked a few questions about the maintenance of your car that basically went unanswered to the point where I had to educate myself on exactly what you had.

That said, I learned quite a bit about the 2V FI car.

After talking to most in the know, and trust me I spent hours trying to gather enough info about your car to make an educated purchase.

Joe your car is what it is; I’m a serious player as you know I’m simply not going to pay above market value for your car or any car for that matter.

I hope Roy does not get pissed by me stating what he said but here it goes.

We discussed your car in detail, he told me that tops would be about 60k when I mentioned that it was a FI car you should PM him to see what he tells you.

Now, if I were to post the second quote when he learned that your car was a 2V FI car now that would be a bitch slap if I ever saw one.

Remember, first and foremost I’m a car collector, not some young shmuck that’s going to get the “wool pulled over his eyes”.

Before I spend $50k 100k or even 10k I want to know what the F* I’m buying no matter what it is. You would be stupid not to.

You know your CT was not the reason I contacted you to begin with. I saw you’red 914-6 with flares that reminded me of the Brumos car, that’s what prompted me to contact you about your CT.

If you want to sell a car I’m a buyer but at a “fair market value” not what some “dealer” thinks its worth trying to make a 20k profit in this economy and definitely not one with that thinks his shit doesn’t stink.

Sorry to put it so bluntly guys but that’s just how I am.

If I feel that someone is great and there are many here that are I’m going to let you everyone know about it, if I think you’re a scumbag trying to hose people you betcha I’m going to go well out of my way to let everyone everywhere including my own VCA boards know about it.

Joe you have my email address talk to Roy about the “fair market value” of your car in this market, if you want to sell it for “fair market value” then let’s talk like gentlemen.

Don’t tell me some story how your wife wants it gone then think I’m not going to do my due diligence.

Hey at least you remembered me by my first name.

good luck on your search

p.s. Brian's black LP400 is an LP400S S2 for what i know

No, he is talking about Brian's Black/Red 5000S not the Black/Black S2 that was originally silver.

This thread is a kick, things I never thought I would see typed... bold and in your face without much flaming back.

Maybe this Triple X is the real Vin Diesel... sell me your Countach cheap or I'll kick your ass!

:lol2:

Tony

I have seat time in Joe's car, and despite the $50,000 "offers" placed by tire kicking dreamers, Joe has always been eloquent on the phone when i was in the room.

he gets calls from informed buyers, kids, tirekicker wanna-be's and the brokers who want to " list your cars" for "x%" of the price of the car on commission.

how he has any patience owning the business's he has, and being a new father is beyond me.

Countach's for sale seem to bring out all the fruitcakes.

what some of you fail to understand is this is a drivers car, and it always has been. its not a concurs car, it has good miles on it, it runs and drives every time, all the time.

so there needs to be a good definition established before anyone blows off a "2 valve" car.

yes the market is down, but it seems to me there are buyers out there trying to "steal" cars at a low ball price, and get top market cars at the same time.

not everyone is suffering now, some of us saw this coming.

i hope you guys find what you are looking for.

the rest of us will be out driving our cars.

post-3289-1244253906_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1244253914_thumb.jpg

post-3289-1244253923_thumb.jpg

No, he is talking about Brian's Black/Red 5000S not the Black/Black S2 that was originally silver.

This thread is a kick, things I never thought I would see typed... bold and in your face without much flaming back.

Maybe this Triple X is the real Vin Diesel... sell me your Countach cheap or I'll kick your ass!

:lol2:

Tony

LMAO Tony!

I'm a real buyer and not a kid with a hard on.

I have some cars to simply die for that would kick the crap out of ANY lambo out there.

My snake is not KING of the RING for nothing!

I didn't come here to stat a pissing match nor did I come here to show off or.... "My balls are bigger than yours" especially on a Lambo board, but! on the same token I'm not going to get hosed.

If you have a good CT you want to sell at fair market value to someone that enjoys cars I'm all ears.

Tony don't even get me started on KLA12550 if I tossed the "dirt" on KLA12550 that car would have to be scrapped for parts!

DOMANI hosed the current owner's dead husband to the point she now has to figure out what to do with it.

Here’s a few tidbits without getting into much detail. When Domani had it "Museum Quality" my ass the dealer before Domani said the same thing “Museum Quality” again my ass. Now this woman that has zero clue what this car is, is now claiming “Former Museum Quality” again my ass!

If you go on Lambo-Chat and look at the thread that was started 2+ years ago about KLA12550 you’ll see where I’m coming from.

The car has had its ODO tampered with a few times, the condition has not been consistent with the stated ODO and now! The ODO is missing and the car is basically trashed.

Museum Quality? Come on! Look post 1 second page.

Now fast forward 2+ years the ODO was obvious taken off of the car to hide its actual miles, if you look at this woman’s ad you’ll see that the car now has 20 or so miles less than the Domani ad and!....the car was driven according to this woman 200 miles max.

Excuse me but you do not trash a car in 200 miles in less than 2 weeks of driving it!

At first I thought to myself this car has to be stolen or at least a stolen recovery.

It got so bad I had to call in three different law enforcement agancies to this woman’s place in order to verify that in fact this was not stolen.

Her story simply did not make much sense, and still to this day her story changes with every email/phone call..

So, that said you betcha damn right I’m going to do research on every CT of interest.

We’re talking about 100k for a decent 20 year old car folks not 100 bucks!

I’m not here to “strong arm” a CT from anyone I’m willing to pay current “fair market value” for the right car.

Like Tony Montana used to say…. Eh…. “Make way for the bad guy”.

Ask Roy Cats what he thinks the value of it should be being an FI car.

Ask Roy what he thinks of Joe Frazar's car (price wise) I've been there done that with Joe's car.

Why do we have to do the work?????? You do the footwork. LOL LOL LOL

Look, this thread is becoming a pain the ass. You're set on Roy, let Roy hook you up or find the right car for you.

Obviously Roy's word is golden. I happen to like Roy and would consider a car from him.

When buying a Countach, power should not be a big consideration, when it comes to deciding which factory stock car to buy. Any hot late model factory Mustang, is going to blow your doors off. Corvettes, Vipers, and 2010 Camaro - stay away from. If you want factory power in a Countach, you should consider just the dd QV Euro RoW cars.

If you do not want the dd QV Euro RoW carb cars, it is probably a good idea to simply decide if you want carbs or fuel injection. A 2V F.I. car that is set up correctly, will run better than an average running out-of-tune 2V Weber carb car or 4V F.I. car. I would not automatically dismiss the 2V F.I. car, if you are willing to consider a 4V F.I. car.

I AM SOOOOO WITH :iamwithstupid: