Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Portugal/Spain, Lisbon, Fora, Barcelona, Mallorca
MasterShake
post Jul 20 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 629

I'm going to visit Portugal and Spain at the end of September and am looking for recommendations on where to eat and what to do. I haven't booked hotels, yet, but was looking at spending several days in Lisbon, Fora, Barcelona and Mallorca. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rawr
post Jul 20 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Talent is Talent

Member No.: 11,867

Barcelona - tons of touristy stuff, depends on how many days you're here there is cool stuff to do. Tier 1 of course being Sagrada, then Park Guel. For dinner go to El Nacional its a cool spot 4 restaraunts in one, try the tapas they bring them out as they're ready, so you dont order off the menu you just grab whats hot. You could catch a Barca game too. Pm me if you need more info.

--------------------

The Russians also bought the «Lamborghini of Emendator», the cost of which amounted to 17 million rubles.
+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Jul 20 2018, 05:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 207,726

I’ll be in Spain the first three weeks of September!

Last year I spent two weeks in Barcelona and off another members recommendation ate at Montiel (http://restaurantmontiel.com) and had the tasting menu, definitely one of the top meals of my life. Also really enjoyed just renting bikes and riding around without an itinerary. Do you ride motorcycles at all? I rented one and rode north to some of the most incredible coastal twisties you could ever imagine.
+Quote Post
MasterShake
post Jul 21 2018, 08:59 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 629

QUOTE (Rawr @ Jul 20 2018, 07:11 PM) *
Barcelona - tons of touristy stuff, depends on how many days you're here there is cool stuff to do. Tier 1 of course being Sagrada, then Park Guel. For dinner go to El Nacional its a cool spot 4 restaraunts in one, try the tapas they bring them out as they're ready, so you dont order off the menu you just grab whats hot. You could catch a Barca game too. Pm me if you need more info.

Thanks for the recco! Definitely added those to my list.

QUOTE (CallMeJarob @ Jul 20 2018, 09:12 PM) *
I’ll be in Spain the first three weeks of September!

Last year I spent two weeks in Barcelona and off another members recommendation ate at Montiel (http://restaurantmontiel.com) and had the tasting menu, definitely one of the top meals of my life. Also really enjoyed just renting bikes and riding around without an itinerary. Do you ride motorcycles at all? I rented one and rode north to some of the most incredible coastal twisties you could ever imagine.

I just looked at Barcelona in detail on google earth- it looks like some of those twisties lead to Parc d'Atraccions Tibidabo. Is that worth stopping at? or are there any points of interest in those mountains?
+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Jul 22 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 207,726

QUOTE (MasterShake @ Jul 21 2018, 11:59 AM) *
Thanks for the recco! Definitely added those to my list.

I just looked at Barcelona in detail on google earth- it looks like some of those twisties lead to Parc d'Atraccions Tibidabo. Is that worth stopping at? or are there any points of interest in those mountains?

I didn’t go in that area. I rode east along the coast to Tossa de Mar and Sant Feliu de Guixols via GI-682 (worth the drive for the amazing cliff side road and cafes) then into the Pyrenees from there via the famous road N260 to Alp and back down. An absolutely spectacular ride/drive with phenomenal views.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 08:55 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag your alt tag' your alt tag' your alt tag