Best concerts you have attended?

BLK85

I just attended the best concert I have ever been too. So I was curious what could top this and what others think is their best.

For me my number one was two weeks ago in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the Volbeat(who I should have skipped and stood in line for a shirt), Avenged Sevenfold, and Metallica! I was on the floor about a 100ft(30M) from the stage. I didnt move for all 3 bands. It was insane,

For me to top it? I have no idea. Metallica was like a bucket list band for me since I only really got into Metal maybe 5-10 years ago. A7X was on the list to see too. And I saw Disturbed and Bullet For My Valentine(not together) earlier in the year. Also saw Motley Crue, who Metallica talks shit about. All I can think that I would like to see that might be close is a different genre, U2.

How about you? I know everyone likes different kinds of a music.

This year for me has been insanely awesome!. Five Finger Death Punch in November again(my favorite band), and a 90s show. Wish Sir Mix A Lot could come to that show.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man. I am not even a rock fan but I went to see Metallic the night before the super bowl. That concert was f-ing amazing. Best concert I have been too. Those guys know how to put on a show and rock a house.

Oh man. I am not even a rock fan but I went to see Metallic the night before the super bowl. That concert was f-ing amazing. Best concert I have been too. Those guys know how to put on a show and rock a house.

This was my first time seeing them and all I can say is HELL YEA!!!! :icon_super: :icon_super:

This was my first time seeing them and all I can say is HELL YEA!!!! :icon_super: :icon_super:

Seriously ! All I can say is they left me feeling speechless. Would see them again

Also went to Jay-Z b sides concert in NYC. Since I'm a huge jaay z fan and he did all of his "good" songs in an intimate setting with a live band. Ya. That one is still #2 next to Metallica thought.

I have seen Metallica several times. And I have to say that they are not as good as AC/DC. Mind you this was AC/DC about 15 years ago. I saw them again last year and you really notice that they are getting older. Angus used to run around like he was on crack for 2.5 hours, must have sweated gallons...

But with Metallica, when they made a change to the stage then they just turn off all the lights and the audience just had to wait.

With AC/DC, they had Angus doing a solo and having fun with the audience at on edge of the stage and suddenly the lights came on again and the whole stage had changed. I guess after 40 years of touring they know how to keep the audience entertained.

Beastie Boys in 1994

Alice in Chains in 1994

Metallica and Sound Garden 1995

The Cure 2016

Mostly Jazz concerts. I saw Chick Corea and Return to Forever in Seattle. Dweezil Zappa and his tribute band to his father were playing at the same show. It was incredible! Frank Gamble was even there.

Seriously ! All I can say is they left me feeling speechless. Would see them again

Also went to Jay-Z b sides concert in NYC. Since I'm a huge jaay z fan and he did all of his "good" songs in an intimate setting with a live band. Ya. That one is still #2 next to Metallica thought.

Concerts can be hit or miss with the sound quality.

I didn't go to Jay Z's B Sides but I did attend his 10th Anniversary Reasonable Doubt concert with full band and orchestra and it was awesome. If that wasn't enough, he did an extra 45 minutes or so of hits with just a DJ after an intermission.

My friend told me that The Eagles usually put on a really high end experience sound wise. I just so happened to miss them a few times.

Concerts can be hit or miss with the sound quality.

I didn't go to Jay Z's B Sides but I did attend his 10th Anniversary Reasonable Doubt concert with full band and orchestra and it was awesome. If that wasn't enough, he did an extra 45 minutes or so of hits with just a DJ after an intermission.

My friend told me that The Eagles usually put on a really high end experience sound wise. I just so happened to miss them a few times.

Awesome! :headbang:

Very true. Some places around here have terrible sound systems. So bad that I won't even bother going to concerts there.

For best sound

Above and Beyond at Alexander Palace.

The sounds system was so spot on. Each and every beat and nuance of sound steering was heard and felt and then we left our ears were not ringing. It was just the most amazing (and sorry but pretentious word use) creamy sound. Just sublime.

For sheer terror and already awesomeness.

Fatboy slim Big Beach Boutique II

I feature a few times in the DVD which is in

with what turned out to be a heroin addict on my shoulders. But the whole thing was incredible, great line up, started at lunch time and the whole vibe was awesome. The police expected 25,000-60,000 people at most. Instead a quarter of a million people turned up. People were dancing on top of the Police vans. They were literately hanging off lampposts and overran the posh hotel (the Grand) across the street.

There were so many people that the trains were cancelled because so many people tried to get on to get home and many ended up walking along the tracks.

I managed to get safely off the beach because a friend had a boat and he gave me a lift past the barriers. It was manic but a good manic. The closing track Pure Shore fatboy slim remix will stick with me forever.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/20...atures.features

The next gig he held was on New Years Day and it was raining, not even 20,000 people turned up due to everyone hungover from NYE and because it was tickets.

Another vote for Metallica. Been listening to them since Master of Puppets came out in 1986 so I am more a fan of their older material. Saw them prob a good ten years ago, show was ridiculous. They played more older stuff and the entire production was incredible. Tool was a great show, Motley Crue was great as well. Haven't been to a concert in awhile, need to look into who is coming around.

I've got range in this dept.

Muse and incubus were awesome (in the last 2yrs)

Aerosmith, Static-X, and Journey, (early 2000's) and most recently Jason Aldean.

George Strait probably the best yet.

Van Halen 1984

Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne 1986

Motley Crue and Ozzy Osbourne 1984

U2 1988

LOTS of killer concerts in mid 80's to early 90's. I've seen tons of shows since then but nothing like those of that era.

George Strait probably the best yet.

I would love to see him. My parents are going to see him in Vegas this year. They bought their tickets over a year ago.

Been to maybe over 2000 events but some gigs I will never forget, and even when I list them for outermusic memories, the music was most solid and hectic performances I have witnessed.

2000 Finland, Espoo. Millennium eve, First UG event and my first private dj gig that we did with my friend.

We were at car import company's spaces and one mad man broke up with her girlfriend, that resulted frosting his arm when he zonk on deep snow outside, then he made a big mess burning big pile of that company's binders.

2002 Hallmark Arctic club, Helsinki. That was Dj Tab's own club for years before Super 8 and Tab thingie.

We raved so manicly that when we left the club and it was -28c out side, I took of totally sweated shirt off before sitting in to car. But that shirt was so wet and there was so cold in the car that it frozed solid into pyramid shape before hitting car's footwell.

2006 my second public dj gig in Sundance Festival, Estonia. Playing to that crowd in 30k people festivals and after gig I was asked to play again later at the evening when some hollandish dj did not show up. People were climbing over walls to get signatures after it and the whole trip was totally badass. Police busting afterparty arena at night, I did not sleep at all for two days, and we came with a couple of girls back to finland.

2009 Old Powerplant, Helsinki. Skazi, played most intense live set I have ever witnessed.

2010 Palais, Cannes France. It was David Guetta playing an allnighter on his home turf.

That was time of the badass Electro House and that guy did play great (against odds and later sucking he has been accused), also first time seeing Cryomans etc.

I went alone because my friends did not want to spend the coin. But it was something to remember.

Also it was so crowded that at one point there was a big risk of mass panic and trample.

2012 Whole Miami WMC and Ultra experience, 10 days of nonstop partying, that was intense.

2012 Nature One, Germany. A totally badass techno party kept in ex-NATO nuke missile base.

The vibe there is absolutely more mature than it was in Miami. 25 arenas, some inside missile silos etc...

2015 Rimini, Italy. I was playing a whole night gig in a castle. Feeling after that was better than any sex I have ever had.

Last evening was also really cool. 100 people on an old three mast schooner, sailing outside Helsinki archipelago, dancing to techno and trying to stay on board. It was fun on coast when there was still sunlight, but came more serious in pitch black and waves shaking the ship. A video from there: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ4wtCGg9og/?taken-by=djremotion

I'm a huge Better Than Ezra fan. They are a small band but play small venues like House of Blues etc. Any of their shows are crazy fun. Also, seen Breaking Benjamin several times. Great also.

Never seen Tool, but hear its quite a show.

Now I'll freely admit that Music is not really imprtant to me, I just like the commercial R&B you hear on the radio and some dance music.

that said, I went to Justin Timberlake about 10 years ago. And i must say of all the concerts i've been to that was the best, good relatively familiar pop music, great entertainer, and hot girls (excluding the jail bait) as far as the eye could see.