How well does the Aventador fare in heavy traffic?

SiamBeast

I'm planning on taking my Aventador 2012 (LP700-4) with me in the morning to university - but the issue is that it's a stop & go ride that lasts around 1 hour.

I read many stories about the clutch overheating when driving in such conditions but I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations in attempting a rush hour drive with the car in such conditions. In exception to 1 overpass bridge, it's a pretty flat ride.

I'm planning on taking my Aventador 2012 (LP700-4) with me in the morning to university - but the issue is that it's a stop & go ride that lasts around 1 hour.

I read many stories about the clutch overheating when driving in such conditions but I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations in attempting a rush hour drive with the car in such conditions. In exception to 1 overpass bridge, it's a pretty flat ride.

Bangkok traffic is crazy, not sure why you would bother.

Bangkok traffic is crazy, not sure why you would bother.

Normally when I have to go somewhere with heavy traffic, I take my motorcycle, which allows me to zigzag between cars and use the footpath as an additional lane.

In this case, if I go by car, I can take a different way using an expressway that's forbidden to motorcycles, cutting the distance by a few kilometres. I did it with my Porsche this week, and between the motorcycle and the car, it was only a 7-minute difference, so not much to worry about, hence why I'm willing to try it with the Lambo.

The skytrain doesn't reach the area, so I have to drive there.

I have had no problems with my SV in heavy traffic. Yesterday I was stuck in heavy traffic and it was 40 C or 100F outside. The AC doesn't work that great with the roof off in that situation

Clutch should be fine in my experience, hates cold more than heat, it's just really not pleasant to use it in traffic though especially in earlier cars which have a harsher more jolt on engage

Month of it and you will pobably want a normal relaxing car for the traffic

All good, I guess I was worried for nothing. No "clutch overheat" message, and picked the number of the parking lady.

Aiming low! :icon_mrgreen:

If a car at this price point is not capable of managing through heavy traffic, it should be put in the garbage. Its a big 2012 Audi, of course it can make it through traffic. Are you trolling us?

If a car at this price point is not capable of managing through heavy traffic, it should be put in the garbage. Its a big 2012 Audi, of course it can make it through traffic. Are you trolling us?

Your reasoning makes sense. The reason I was asking is that as a first supercar owner, I was reading all kinds of stuff about the car and read several reports of the clutch overheating - this coupled with the problem I posted in another thread regarding the engine sometimes failing to start on the first try prompted me to ask this to make sure - and the responses were pretty much what I was expecting.

The other reason is that, once, I was trying to park in a very narrow area and had to shift between R and 1 around 8 times to make it through and I had that error message appear on my dash. And since only this was sufficient to trigger an error, I am sure you understand the point of asking how it would do in traffic constantly changing gears, and why I wasn't trolling. Part of my initial question was also about any special stuff I should pay attention to.

Your reasoning makes sense. The reason I was asking is that as a first supercar owner, I was reading all kinds of stuff about the car and read several reports of the clutch overheating - this coupled with the problem I posted in another thread regarding the engine sometimes failing to start on the first try prompted me to ask this to make sure - and the responses were pretty much what I was expecting.

The other reason is that, once, I was trying to park in a very narrow area and had to shift between R and 1 around 8 times to make it through and I had that error message appear on my dash. And since only this was sufficient to trigger an error, I am sure you understand the point of asking how it would do in traffic constantly changing gears, and why I wasn't trolling. Part of my initial question was also about any special stuff I should pay attention to.

It didn't come through, but his post was in jest.

^ That'd be good news.

Anyway, regarding the overheating problem, has anyone experienced this when switching between R and 1 several times? It happened to me only once, but it was definitely unwelcome. After the 8th time switching to gear 1 when trying to park in a tight spot, I heard a beep followed by "clutch overheat" on the dash. The car would still move as normal, no special smell, but IMO worth looking into.

10,000 or more aventador miles in traffic. prior to a "overheating recall" of 2015 the lp700's sucked in Vegas and Miami and got too hot for traffic ... in the usa in general in july and august. in the cities they seemed to choke.

now.... perfection. no hassles and they stay cool fans bussing and e-gear remaining crisp. no hassles.

my SV chocked in traffic until this update 2 weeks ago. its only got 17k miles on in in the last few months but accd to dealer the "Cannister" some vapor or fuel canister... got saturated and needed replacement 6 times in the 17,000 miles. I asked if that was normal and they said its expected to last 8 years without replacement. it is because of this I believe I got the first "recall" parts and install. its a week since then (800 miles or so) and car is more awesome than ever!

I go in and out of neutral during traffic and I have never had a "clutch" issue.. in 2012 I had a catastrophic gearbox failure 100% but they mentioned that at that time (20,000 miles into my 2012 car) there was 80% clutch life left :) so it was just a ... total gearbox failure and that 2012 car seemed to leak gearbox fluid day 1

10,000 or more aventador miles in traffic. prior to a "overheating recall" of 2015 the lp700's sucked in Vegas and Miami and got too hot for traffic ... in the usa in general in july and august. in the cities they seemed to choke.

now.... perfection. no hassles and they stay cool fans bussing and e-gear remaining crisp. no hassles.

my SV chocked in traffic until this update 2 weeks ago. its only got 17k miles on in in the last few months but accd to dealer the "Cannister" some vapor or fuel canister... got saturated and needed replacement 6 times in the 17,000 miles. I asked if that was normal and they said its expected to last 8 years without replacement. it is because of this I believe I got the first "recall" parts and install. its a week since then (800 miles or so) and car is more awesome than ever!

I go in and out of neutral during traffic and I have never had a "clutch" issue.. in 2012 I had a catastrophic gearbox failure 100% but they mentioned that at that time (20,000 miles into my 2012 car) there was 80% clutch life left :) so it was just a ... total gearbox failure and that 2012 car seemed to leak gearbox fluid day 1

Most importantly everyone (me included) looks cooler in traffic when they are in a Lambo so... even though it sucks to be there... its all made better when blasting that Black Sabbath ... in bumper to bumper traffic, with a big titty blonde on my side and when I get that Urus I can let her do lots of stuff in traffic to entertain me ..without getting arrested (cause I will be high enough not to offend)