2017 SV went into limp mode

drviperdds

Had a strange issue today while normal driving today. I was going around 20-25mph, all of sudden car pop up the Park and the ESC icons and began stalling, non-responsive to the gas pedal, I was in Sport mode at the time. I was able to inch my way off the road, cut off the power. After that, I restarted the car normally. It was fine driving home. I don't know what to make of it, except that it was probably a computer glitch. I will probably wait to see if it happens again before rushing to the dealer and will find nothing if the car is running fine. Anyone ever had this issue?

Is it possible to scan the fault codes to see if anything is stored? Did you do an exhaust or any mods?

Is it possible to scan the fault codes to see if anything is stored? Did you do an exhaust or any mods?

I will let them scan next time if ever happens again. There's no mods or any after market exhaust yet.

It happened to me in my Aventador as well. I was running 75+ on the highway when it happened. I was fairly close to a friends house, so I limped it over to his house and pulled it into the garage. I was worried that if I pulled over on the side of the highway I would be stranded, which would be one of the worst experiences ever... I had all these things running through my head, like someone would drive by and throw a bottle at the car, etc. I let it sit for a few minutes in the garage and it started right back up with no issues. Haven't had an issue since, so I'm assuming it was just some weird glitch, as I'm sure yours was too.

It happened to me in my Aventador as well. I was running 75+ on the highway when it happened. I was fairly close to a friends house, so I limped it over to his house and pulled it into the garage. I was worried that if I pulled over on the side of the highway I would be stranded, which would be one of the worst experiences ever... I had all these things running through my head, like someone would drive by and throw a bottle at the car, etc. I let it sit for a few minutes in the garage and it started right back up with no issues. Haven't had an issue since, so I'm assuming it was just some weird glitch, as I'm sure yours was too.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope my issue is the same as yours and it won't come back again.

I've had shudder problems and other weird noises at low speeds and take off but that seems to be unfortunately common with other owners , it could be to do with software or something but the factory should fix that no excuses! You should report to dealer because unless everyone does that nothing will be done by the factory R&D to fix it !

Had a strange issue today while normal driving today. I was going around 20-25mph, all of sudden car pop up the Park and the ESC icons and began stalling, non-responsive to the gas pedal, I was in Sport mode at the time. I was able to inch my way off the road, cut off the power. After that, I restarted the car normally. It was fine driving home. I don't know what to make of it, except that it was probably a computer glitch. I will probably wait to see if it happens again before rushing to the dealer and will find nothing if the car is running fine. Anyone ever had this issue?

[/quoteIve had these issues on both my 14 and now my 17 SV but seems to go away. Why ??????? Who knows. But Weird they can't fix them.

[/quoteIve had these issues on both my 14 and now my 17 SV but seems to go away. Why ??????? Who knows. But Weird they can't fix them.

I didn't know this issue is such a common occurrence in the Avents, but I'm glad to hear it seems to resolve itself. By all no means excusable in a half mil car imo.

I didn't know this issue is such a common occurrence in the Avents, but I'm glad to hear it seems to resolve itself. By all no means excusable in a half mil car imo.

I think most owners either get used to it or accept these problems and a few complain to factory.. this is unfortunate because at the best of times R&D are too lazy to make any changes and rock the boat which is all the more reason owners must report noises and shudders to force the factory improve the car.

Another classic example is the roof on the A roadster which many owners here complained about: when you put it in front trunk it gets damaged in one corner due to a design problem (a protruding plastic at base of trunk) but the factory still has not fixed it and owners have to come up with their own band aid solutions because of that unfortunate factory attitude: if it sells who cares. I complained about it many times and nothing has been done so I put a soft towel under the roof to avoid damage what a joke!! And we pay pay over $1m plus options in Australia for an SV roadster

But the more owners complain the more likely factory will act

I think most owners either get used to it or accept these problems and a few complain to factory.. this is unfortunate because at the best of times R&D are too lazy to make any changes and rock the boat which is all the more reason owners must report noises and shudders to force the factory improve the car.

Another classic example is the roof on the A roadster which many owners here complained about: when you put it in front trunk it gets damaged in one corner due to a design problem (a protruding plastic at base of trunk) but the factory still has not fixed it and owners have to come up with their own band aid solutions because of that unfortunate factory attitude: if it sells who cares. I complained about it many times and nothing has been done so I put a soft towel under the roof to avoid damage what a joke!! And we pay pay over $1m plus options in Australia for an SV roadster

But the more owners complain the more likely factory will act

While I'm at it, it seems every owner of an SV that I spoke to complains about the cap on wheels Popping out on road whenever car is on track or driven for a while . If it happens when u r parked then u can pick them up damaged but on the road forgeT it. Has factory fixed it ? No and probably never will because they sold their SVs and don't give a shit

On some of the issues, so far my roofs didn't get damaged while stored but they are wrapped, not experiencing and shudder at take off, so far the car didn't go into limp mode, two caps popped but the dealer gave me 4 new ones free of charge and they will install them for me, hopefully they will stay in place if not they will give me some more new ones :icon_mrgreen:

raylambo sorry to hear you are experiencing those issues, I hope they will fix them for you.

Ok this might explain the limp mode issues.

My car is affected, the part is on the way.

I'd contact my dealer ASAP

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/aut...-coupe-roadster

What are the defects?

If the fuel tank is overfilled, particular handling conditions could cause fuel to reach the carbon canister. If this occurs, it may stop the EVAP system from managing fuel vapours correctly, potentially allowing them to make contact with hot gases from the engine, especially if a non approved after market exhaust system is fitted.

What are the hazards?

If the gases and fuel vapours make contact there is a risk of fire.

What should consumers do?

Affected consumers will be contacted by direct mail. Consumers should contact their nearest Lamborghini dealer to arrange an inspection and upgrade of the EVAP system on affected vehicles.

Supplier

Automobili Lamborghini

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Lamborghini dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

International

Most issues of this kind are not just confined to lambo.

It is a case of a false reading from a sensor. That reading communicates through to the Ecu and it puts it into limp home mode.

So you know that most IT people joke that you turn it off and on again with computers? Well that is because most computers do a check on start up.

With all the sensors onboard these days to optimise the car's performance you are bound to encounter some sensor blips.

While I'm at it, it seems every owner of an SV that I spoke to complains about the cap on wheels Popping out on road whenever car is on track or driven for a while . If it happens when u r parked then u can pick them up damaged but on the road forgeT it. Has factory fixed it ? No and probably never will because they sold their SVs and don't give a shit

I lost both my rear center caps on my SV-R, another local SV had the same thing happen. My dealer installed new ones at no charge, I just hope it doesn't happen again!

Most issues of this kind are not just confined to lambo.

It is a case of a false reading from a sensor. That reading communicates through to the Ecu and it puts it into limp home mode.

So you know that most IT people joke that you turn it off and on again with computers? Well that is because most computers do a check on start up.

With all the sensors onboard these days to optimise the car's performance you are bound to encounter some sensor blips.

Yes. Could be sensors. Could also be ECU needing a complete change due to faulty components not just s/w. I had mine changed on old A roadster which helped and others recently had theirs changed on SV as well.

Seems like a common problem but owners don't usually like to publicise that nor does the factory or dealers lol. 'If only people knew the truth' is the common theme discussed when some of us owners ger together. But we have to consider resale value of our cars so ...

One SV owner couldn't even put his SV in first gear. So ECU got changed, now car works fingers crossed.

Love the look of car but hate its reliability. Hate chronic problems. I never ever experienced anything like that with other brands (like Porsche etc). Someone or some people at the factory should get their ass kicked! No excuse .

Too many design problems that the factory does not admit to or fix and nothing is done to fix them NO EXCUSE Lamborghini !

To add fuel to the fire (no pun intended Fortis but u put a great link BTW to avoid fire hazard so thanks I just sent it to my mechanic to check my cars), our Lambo 'area manager', who constantly is in denial mode, has a habit of blaming customers instead of admitting and fixing problems eg ECU, shudder, rusty exhaust, caps on wheels constantly popping out (lambo mechanic took em out on track for me to save embarrassiment in front of other brands, his poor boss suggested drilling holes in them to let heat out so they don't pop out lol). I agreed anything is better than that. Actually if u don't want ur car to fall to bits, don't take it to track at all, which is a shame for a 'supercar' what the hell is the point if u can't take it to the track ?? - I do anyway but owners have to find their own solutions, how embarrassing!!

Not to mention, shit quality , flimsy plastic (door openers keep breaking) all over car and even worse quality steel exhaust that comes with rust (straight from factory mind u lol) with edges so sharp that would cut your fingers if u ever dare touch (imagine some kid touching them when parked) -seen too many of them rusty exhausts but does the factory even admit to that ? No of course It must be the owners imagination - I'm going to have to put better quality stainless steel on top of mine custom built or chrome it or something -unbelievable for what we pay!

Enough winging. Lamborghini is lucky nobody has come out in public or in media and exposed them yet (outside this forum of course) . They are pushing their luck though if this continues . But I still love the look of it (and sound) - when it works! haha