Anyone know this Roadster?

LTHLVPR

I know the dealer......I'm about 1/2 hour away if you want me to take a look at it for you

Frank, thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it. Waiting to receive service receipts and docs.

Steven Waldie is the guy that owns the place. He is a pretty good dude from what I have heard. He has been around forever. There are a few places to get a good PPI done up there too. Good luck with it, it looks really nice.

Steven Waldie is the guy that owns the place. He is a pretty good dude from what I have heard. He has been around forever. There are a few places to get a good PPI done up there too. Good luck with it, it looks really nice.

I have been to his place......agree with all of the above. I'd recommend Wil at Exotic Cars for the PPI

Sure hope you're not considering paying that asking price!

Good point on the price. What's a fair price for a low mile Roadster? $230k?

Sure hope you're not considering paying that asking price!

I agree with you. It's not low mileage and it's not a popular color imo. These asking prices are way high that's why it's still been for sale for quite some time

Good point on the price. What's a fair price for a low mile Roadster? $230k?

Oh, about 250-260k. Maybe a little high but 99 is the best year and check to see how many are for sale. I love the color.

Oh, about 250-260k.

Whoa. That would be a great price - for Steve Waldie! lol not our buyer.

OP, there's a lower mileage blue '99 roadster at Domani Motors in Miami. It was priced at $424,900 at the peak in 2015. No buyers, unsurprisingly. Dunno why some dealers thought Diablos were Countaches. They lowered to $259,900 for a while. It's still there. As of now they're listing it as "inquire."

There's a 1997? Roadster listed for sale privately on this forum for well under $200k.

A '94VT with some decent mileage just sold privately for $90k. Confirmed with seller.

It is quite clear that the Fed winding down QE had a ripple effect into these asset prices. The Countach/Diablo/classic exotic renaissance clearly ran out of steam in lockstep with the easy money from the Fed. Makes perfect sense. Stocks aren't going up any more? No more sell --> spend proceeds on exotic car.

I have vivid memories of Diablo Roadsters going for $100k--->$130k as recently as 2013. Therefore there's NO WAY I'd even consider paying anything anywhere near $200k for one. But that's certainly just me. Maybe it means I'll never own one.

There's a guy not far from me with a Blu Scuro DR that I'd love to get my hands on. He had it listed for $179k for quite a while into 2013. No buyer. Then the strong market showed up and he pumped his price up to $379k. I had to laugh. No buyer for $179. What makes you think you'll get a buyer at $379 when there was no buyer at $179. Anyhow I'm waiting it out. We'll see where we get to.

So yeah, OP, do your market research. See what's out there. And more importantly, be mindful of how long cars have sat at dealers with asking prices in the mid-high 200s.

Oh, I also wanted to mention that it would be a good idea to check out auction results. We're seeing some DRs get bid up to sub - $200k prices and not meet reserve. That nice black '99 comes to mind.

I honestly don't think we're still above $200k for a DR anymore.

Oh, I also wanted to mention that it would be a good idea to check out auction results. We're seeing some DRs get bid up to sub - $200k prices and not meet reserve. That nice black '99 comes to mind.

I honestly don't think we're still above $200k for a DR anymore.

Big difference between a 97 and a 99. Who is "we"? lol . Do you own a Lambo?

Big difference between a 97 and a 99.

Yes. But how much of one exactly? $100k? I doubt it. $50k? I doubt it. $25k? Now we're getting warm.

Who is "we"?

Every single person on earth. AKA the people Diablo market data, auction results, list prices, sale prices, etc is available to.

lol .

At what?

Do you own a Lambo?

No. As I explained, I'm a buyer. And buyers are a pretty important cog in this wheel. Remember the saying "something is only worth what someone will pay for it?" I'm on here explaining what I'll pay. Smart dealers will keep my views here in mind among other considerations when someone wants to trade in a Diablo. Dumb dealers (like those who list DRs for $424,900) however won't.

I get the impression that you're someone who has a stake in Diablo values being high, considering you want to poo-poo all of my info. Seeing as a lot of my info is simply a recollection of stuff I've witnessed, I dunno what sort of success you'll have in invalidating it.

Lol always buyers with that view. Pretty sure the 94 had significant miles, accident history, and needed an engine out. You're talking about the red one? That's hardly a market indicator.

Yes. But how much of one exactly? $100k? I doubt it. $50k? I doubt it. $25k? Now we're getting warm.

Every single person on earth. AKA the people Diablo market data, auction results, list prices, sale prices, etc is available to.

At what?

No. As I explained, I'm a buyer. And buyers are a pretty important cog in this wheel. Remember the saying "something is only worth what someone will pay for it?" I'm on here explaining what I'll pay. Smart dealers will keep my views here in mind among other considerations when someone wants to trade in a Diablo. Dumb dealers (like those who list DRs for $424,900) however won't.

I get the impression that you're someone who has a stake in Diablo values being high, considering you want to poo-poo all of my info. Seeing as a lot of my info is simply a recollection of stuff I've witnessed, I dunno what sort of success you'll have in invalidating it.

I agree the newbruno. Too bad I bought in early 2016. I've been watching the market too and I think you are right. I follow the FGT market and the Diablo and both have dropped. I think 250-260 for a 99 is WAY high, unless its a very rare color and pristine collector condition. Plus, lower mile Diablo's or "old" car for that matter doesn't do too well from little use. I drive my cars so no garage queens for me.

Why don't you start a poll of Lambo owners, current and old to see how your numbers look. The market jumped a couple of years

ago by 40-50% . Testarossas that could be bought for 60-70 went to 150 and they are selling for 120 now. 6.0's that were 170-180 jumped to 290-300 according to mileage and are selling at that for very nice ones. Of course there is the 230k car. haha. I know what they wholesale for and retail so I don't know where you are getting your info. Dealers will never tell you the honest number that their car sold for and owners will not either for the better part so keep that in mind. The OP needs to buy the car that suits him and not worry about that special deal on that one diablo with the lower price you are talking about that probably needs 20k worth of service. There are much more knowledgeable people than me but I have owned and sold many. Check your numbers out with the many on this board. You might be surprised. They don't make them anymore and the nice ones are few. There will always be the 150 or 175k car that is worth exactly that but nothing compared to the 225-250 car of the same model and year. Just my two cents based on real experience. Best of luck in your Diablo search!

You might wait it out to see if the economy tanks. That will put them back again hopefully. I'm living today myself not for the future hope. Hey I don't even buy green bananas after the heart scare I had this wknd. I know how exciting it was when I bought my first so enjoy it brother.

I agree the newbruno. Too bad I bought in early 2016. I've been watching the market too and I think you are right. I follow the FGT market and the Diablo and both have dropped. I think 250-260 for a 99 is WAY high, unless its a very rare color and pristine collector condition. Plus, lower mile Diablo's or "old" car for that matter doesn't do too well from little use. I drive my cars so no garage queens for me.

Sounds great! Go find that 175k Blu Scuro rdstr he was talking about and jump on it. Sounds nice! Hey, opinions vary so mine is just one.

Get a solid inspection done at a reputable shop first. Sometimes the 170 car jumps to 210 or more to get it right. Ask me how I know and get some real knowledge on this board and others.

Lol always buyers with that view. Pretty sure the 94 had significant miles, accident history, and needed an engine out. You're talking about the red one? That's hardly a market indicator.

This is exactly what I mean. Chipster has been around so sound advice for sure. Apples to apples is the key when comparing.

I would contend that with this thin a market, every sale is absolutely an indicator. Now we know what a rough '94 will sell for in June 2017. Take it from there.

Going back to the OP's question. Does anyone know the silver '99 at Interstate. Didn't "meandmyredcorvette" most recently own it?

I have lots more to say on the topic of Diablo values. Firstly, why the insistence that only Lambo owners/dealers know what they're talking about? I know what I'm talking about.

Do you only go with a heart surgeon who's had a heart attack themselves? Of course not. They may not have had one but they still know their shit.

To me a quick glance of Roy's current stock shows that he's on the sidelines for now until things become predictable again. He's got an outlyer 6.0 - a staggeringly amazing car that he's comfortable with; a '99 that he's already made money on and has a crazy low cost on, and a roadster I bet he wishes he didn't have. Countach? Only older carb cars.

No 91-92 Diablos. No mid range cars. No 25ths. No fuel injected Countach. Stuff he was selling like hot cakes not long ago. No sign of them now. Oh and he just cut prices on all 3 Diablos a week or two ago.

It's currently tough to argue, folks, that the Diablo market isn't dropping.

Going back to the OP's question. Does anyone know the silver '99 at Interstate. Didn't "meandmyredcorvette" most recently own it?

I have lots more to say on the topic of Diablo values. Firstly, why the insistence that only Lambo owners/dealers know what they're talking about? I know what I'm talking about.

Do you only go with a heart surgeon who's had a heart attack themselves? Of course not. They may not have had one but they still know their shit.

To me a quick glance of Roy's current stock shows that he's on the sidelines for now until things become predictable again. He's got an outlyer 6.0 - a staggeringly amazing car that he's comfortable with; a '99 that he's already made money on and has a crazy low cost on, and a roadster I bet he wishes he didn't have. Countach? Only older carb cars.

No 91-92 Diablos. No mid range cars. No 25ths. No fuel injected Countach. Stuff he was selling like hot cakes not long ago. No sign of them now. Oh and he just cut prices on all 3 Diablos a week or two ago.

It's currently tough to argue, folks, that the Diablo market isn't dropping.

Sure, the cars with mileage and other concerns that were priced with the ones that did not have those concerns. That's not the market dropping that's cars being adjusted to what they were or are worth. I know you are hoping and there is nothing wrong with that and you can justify just about anything to talk the market down so it will come down because you are a buyer. Its not a buyers market. That is clear. Good luck.

Sure, the cars with mileage and other concerns that were priced with the ones that did not have those concerns.

Very true on that point. The blue '91 in Ontario with the 6.0 wheels comes to mind there. I saw that car in person; utter crap, and the dealer that subsequently got their hands on it priced it at $299k. This is going back nearly 2 years though.

I think its a stalemate of a market at present. There's inventory but not sales. To me - that says the buyers market is coming.

I would contend that with this thin a market, every sale is absolutely an indicator. Now we know what a rough '94 will sell for in June 2017. Take it from there.

But that's my point. Your prior post was misleading. If you asked someone what the value is of a "94 VT with decent mileage " compared to asking them what the value is of a "accident history, high mileage, in need of engine out" is worth. Youd get 2 ve3y different responses.