Diablo clutch pedal

VCR

Diablo SV owners, clarification needed please.

I had seen several versions of the clutch pedals. Some are in bear metal form while others have a rubber pad on top. So which is which please? Is the bear metal one deliberate so as to distinguish it from the brake pedal or the rubber pad simply died as a result of constant use? These pics are pulled off a quick Google search as references. Some guidance would be appreciated, thank you.

(Mods, feel free to move this to the Diablo section as you see fit; I just want to maximize the exposure of this query. Thanks.)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My 97 Roadster had only one rubber pad when I purchased it. (Brake Pedal)

Car should have had both, and I replaced both with new as I prefer the pedal feel with the pad.

I think some owners remove one or both to try and get some additional foot space.

I have fairly normal feet and usually wear a narrow loafer/driving moccasin, so everything fits nicely.

My 97 Roadster had only one rubber pad when I purchased it. (Brake Pedal)

Car should have had both, and I replaced both with new as I prefer the pedal feel with the pad.

I think some owners remove one or both to try and get some additional foot space.

I have fairly normal feet and usually wear a narrow loafer/driving moccasin, so everything fits nicely.

Ah ha, the additional foot space makes sense. Thanks for that and thanks for everyone's feedback so far.

New rubber pads it shall be then as I am fine with the space despite the offset.