My Grigio lynx H going under the knife

05LSV

Dropped of my car at GT Technik late yesterday to have the 1016 Industries carbon fiber kit installed. I went with the entire “program” (as the manufacturers are calling it these days) consisting of front bumper cover, side skirts, rear bumper, rear decklid, and wing with the tall wing uprights and adjustable wing pitch option.

I also have Sound Automotive Group fabricating custom skid plates for under the 1016 front bumper cover. I already scratch a bit as it is on my own driveway, so this was a necessity. Having said this, although I have the Novitec lowering springs in hand, I decided against installation - for the time being - in order to drive the car around for a bit and get an idea if bringing it down an inch would be impractical for the roads in my area.

There was some hazing on one of the side skirts, so we are waiting for a replacement and the kit should be installed by the end of the week next week.

I would post a few pics but the upload tool is not functioning right now it seems… I will try again later.

Can anyone advise on how to post pictures now that the board is back up and running? It hasn’t worked for me in sometime and today is no exception.

You have to ensure that the size of each pic does not exceed 2MB. I find the system likes it best between 200kB to 700kB. So let’s say you took those pics with an iPhone 6 or later model, you would need to re-size the pics, i.e. upload the pics to your PC/Mac and then use something as simple as MS Paint to re-size each pic to about 25-35% of the original size. Then upload the re-sized pics as usual and you should be good.

That makes sense, it’s just inconvenient since I’m not at a computer and I haven’t had an iPhone 6 in 3 years. It would be cool to get this feature of the board updated...

That makes sense, it’s just inconvenient since I’m not at a computer and I haven’t had an iPhone 6 in 3 years. It would be cool to get this feature of the board updated...

It is an absolute inconvenience and many here had complained about it but to no avail. This site is on its own as the administrators appear to have given up on it. So much for the comment from the admin a few weeks ago stating that they will improve things after the View New Post link broke down.

The iPhone was just an "for example" suggestion, it applies to any cel (Android or otherwise) and/or digicam. So long as you can resize the pics down to 200kB to 700kB, things should work. At times, there is like a 5-sec pause after hitting the Upload button before the system actually takes in the pic. It is a PITA especially when you are not at the PC.

Update. Exhaust tips coated, side markers tinted. Should be ready Tuesday. Trying to decide on doing an exhaust while the rear bumper is off...

post-22839-1520715373.jpeg

Do it!

:iamwithstupid:

I've NEVER regretted installing an aftermarket exhaust on any of my cars :icon_mrgreen:

Your Huracan is going to look awesome when it's completed.

I need a set of skid plates too..I'll have to contact your guys.

The standard skid plates won't fit with the Vorsteiner front Lip.

• 3 weeks later...

A little delay with heavy workload on my side, but finding some time tonight to get these pics up. I’m definitely happy with the quality of the carbon fiber from 1016 Industries. Not so much from the install shop doing the work. But that’s another matter.

After some tweaks, everything looks great. Here’s what I did:

Full 1016 body kit - front, sides, rear bumper, wing cover, wing with tall uprights

Powdercoated exhaust tips gloss black

Wrapped dull black plastic on front bumper with gloss black vinyl (I don’t have the style package option)

Smoked all 4 side markers

A few pics:

post-22839-1522293240.jpeg

post-22839-1522293248.jpeg

post-22839-1522293261.jpeg

post-22839-1522293310.jpeg

post-22839-1522293329.jpeg

post-22839-1522293351.jpeg

post-22839-1522293362.jpeg

Thanks for the comments. This has definitely changed the appearance of the car in a big way.