Interesting gated LP640 SV tribute car

Double

https://www.excellauto.com/detail-2007-lamb...d-17372177.html

I was at this dealership for another matter and noticed this rare Bull among the approximately 50 cars present.

I myself built an SV tribute car from a perfect 2004 Murcielago manual transmission, across two years from 2011 through 2013. I put alot of effort into making a correct car, so I know what to look for. Some details on this car were done better than mine, while they missed other key elements. Anyway, this car seems really nice; the actual workmanship of the exterior and the interior looks very good. I can't speak to the mechanicals nor performance as I didn't ask to have it started up.

I think that the price of $320k is optimistic; value is being put into the SV conversion that is questionable. The main value is that it is an LP with a manual transmission.

I'm in the area of this dealership on a regular basis so if anyone wants me to look at anything specific on it, just pm. Caveat: this is not my car nor do I work for this dealership. I'm just posting about an interesting LP with a manual transmission.

used_2007_lamborghini_murcielago_2drcoupelp640_811_17372177_9_1024.jpg

Myself, I’ve never understood the ‘tribute’ approach. Don’t put SV identifiers on a non-SV car. Build something similar? Sure, but don’t try and act like it’s something it’s not. Again, my two cents and it doesn’t matter what I think, only the one who is buying it. I’d speculate It only makes the genuine cars more valuable. It could be a great car as you said, a LP manual, would be a blast to have.

That was exactly what I wanted to do to with my gated 640. Too bad I am no longer doing anything of the nature and will get it up to date and list it.

Thanks for the shout out Double. This is mine on consignment at Excell. I did not want to do the entire to look exactly identical to the SV but rather just key elements to give it a more aggressive look. The interior was untouched and exterior can be reversed back to a standard LP in a day. Did the major service with the new oem clutch and throw out bearing and all fluids at 27K miles. Mechanically, it's running like a champ with no issues whatsoever .

Myself, I’ve never understood the ‘tribute’ approach.
It's cosplay for cars. But on the other hand, tuning up spec to get what you could not obtain otherwise is not a punishable offense.

But on the other hand, tuning up spec to get what you could not obtain otherwise is not a punishable offense.

No, not at all. I just wouldn’t put SV badging, but hell, not my car, good on him for having something to play with.

I saw the car in person as well. It was pretty good as Double said. I would guess it would sell much faster with exterior back to OEM. Broader audience.

This car looks great and this is the only SV kit that actually looks spot on in my opinion + it’s a manual.I myself would not put the SV stickers...good luck with sale!

That was exactly what I wanted to do to with my gated 640. Too bad I am no longer doing anything of the nature and will get it up to date and list it.

Black/Black LP640? Manual transmission?

If it's a 2007, then it's likely the one that I owned in 2010 and 2011. The bonehead that I sold it to put a wing on the back so if it has a wing (or holes from where a wing was), it's likely the same car.

Shown below when I owned it.

DSCN8377.JPG

Thanks for the shout out Double. This is mine on consignment at Excell. I did not want to do the entire to look exactly identical to the SV but rather just key elements to give it a more aggressive look. The interior was untouched and exterior can be reversed back to a standard LP in a day. Did the major service with the new oem clutch and throw out bearing and all fluids at 27K miles. Mechanically, it's running like a champ with no issues whatsoever .

Well the work was done extremely well, and I get what you're point was with the mods. For me - I had to have it as exact as possible, which meant the fenders and the bonnet/cover. But the finish on the wing and the exhaust with it's surround on your car, beats mine. Attached is a pic of when I had it.

ADV.1_Murcielago_4.jpg

Almost 100K overpriced.

That same dealership sold my SV tribute car back in 2014. It went for $50k over what a regular 2004 Murcielago was selling for.

Admittedly, it was a slow sell. But the father/son who ultimately bought it were absolutely delighted.

As you can probably deduct from my avatar ... I would like to have a Murcielago Roadster with a correct SV kit, including seats and wheels ... but I wouldn't put an SV decal on it in real life, that's for sure.

if its owned by you, I'm sure this car is 100% inside and out! GLWS