Muffler Bozos

JanDaMan

How come all the low end cars seem to feel they can beat out the Murci by adding bathroom size garbage can mufflers? Was driving along PCH the other day at a decent green light acceleration, then some newer type Mustang with loud mufflers almost hit me from behind at the next light when I went to turn off PCH and he laid on it going straight. Geezzz WTF! Bozo muffler guys always seem like they want to challenge the Murci right on your butt, I don't get it.

Often times, I think they're trying to get you to go faster because they enjoy watching your vehicle. I see this all the time in my M3, saw it in my M5, and have seen it when I've ridden in other cars. I get it. Other times, I think people are just genuine fucktards and want to show off for some reason.

In Houston, I don't get anyone trying to race my Murci. I think that's because it's a Gen 1 Murci and they know it's becoming a classic. From what I hear from those with the new models, they always want to race them.

The big thing for me are the stangs challengers and camaros that see my car in front of them on the freeway and immediately go into idiot mode to race through traffic to get behind me, then after a while of being in my rear quarter (they don't know I see them because I adjust my mirrors correctly so I don't have a blind spot), they gun it to pass me like they are trying to audition for me to be the next Mario Andretti. After they are up the road from me a little bit they left off and I am sure that's when the feeling of emptiness hits them.

This same thing plays out ALL the time when I am on the freeway.