K & N Air Filters For 2006 Murcielago Roadster

Shamile

I want to put K & N air filters in the Murcielago roadster as I had in my Diablo VT Roadster.

Questions:

Are they ok to use? Does the murcielago use a "hot wire" sensor or is it still the same metal intake flaps like on the Diablo.

Are they drop in? On the Diablo, you have to do significant modifications to the airbox for them to fit perfectly.

Anyone have a part#?

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

K&N stopped producing air filters for the Murci. BMC is the only manufacturer with drop in filters, unless you can find K&N in stock somewhere.

It's the same part for Murci and Diablo. All of the filters I've used are drop in.

I was persistent and recently found 2 K&N air filters to install on my 04 Murci.

After putting them in a few months ago, I haven't experienced any issues, but then again, I didn't get any noticeable benefits either.

Thanks for your help guys. I didn't know the filters were the same from the Diablo. I still have the part numbers in my old Diablo file. I'll see if I can order them.

• 2 weeks later...