I got to drive a Veyron!

VBUGKING

I would like to first start out by saying thanks to Premier Exotics for allowing me to test drive their 06 Bugatti Veyron with ~5000 miles. Car is black/red with creme interior, but it has a matte black wrap on the red parts. Not a huge fan of the interior color, but loved the exterior with the black wrap. I love how the car looks in person, and it generated a ton of attention. I was actually shocked since it was black, but I was stalked and followed everywhere.

I drove the car a few different times, and got plenty of seat time in it to get a good feel for it. It was a little hard to get in and out of, but once I was in, I had plenty of shoulder, head, and leg room, more than in any of the Lambos. I have to say I was blown away by the performance and how great the transmission is. It was super smooth, best dual clutch I have ever driven. Power on tap was endless. I got on it once pretty good, and it just feels like you are in a jet taking off. Ride quality was refreshing for a sports car, this car could be driven around town without knocking your fillings out. It's only a little more sporty of a ride than my DBS. The brake feel was phenomenal, and the steering was great. I could really tell what all the fuss was about after getting some good seat time in it.

Heres a couple pics I took:

post-6539-1341193799_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1341193806_thumb.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I said when it comes to Veyron... Screw the Aventador..No matter how magazines try to compare the 2, the Veyron is just worlds appart..

Two cars to own on my bucket list - this and an Enzo. I hope you pull the trigger and be an owner even for short while, A.

Two cars to own on my bucket list - this and an Enzo. I hope you pull the trigger and be an owner even for short while, A.

:iamwithstupid:

Like I said when it comes to Veyron... Screw the Aventador..No matter how magazines try to compare the 2, the Veyron is just worlds appart..

You do realize they are completely different price points, right? You bring that up often. What's a Veyron, 5 times the price? :eusa_think:

I have never been a fan of the looks of the Veyron, so I was never interested. But, I hear it is amazing to drive.

You do realize they are completely different price points, right? You bring that up often. What's a Veyron, 5 times the price? :eusa_think:

I have never been a fan of the looks of the Veyron, so I was never interested. But, I hear it is amazing to drive.

That's really cool Aaron, how did you think the engine sounded, I often think it sounds crap on vids etc?

You buying it?

I am seriously considering picking it up, as awesome as it is, its a lot of money for 1 car.

Haha, yea they dont really compare at all. So many differences, and the Veyron is just in another league.

Million dollar question....literally lol

I should have picked one up 2 years ago when you could get them in the 800s, lol

I agree, it would be great to own one, I dont think they will really go down in value ever unless you just put way too many miles on them, which isnt a problem I have with my cars.

RaginBull, the Veyron definitely isnt the car for you. The dual clutch is way too smooth and there is absolutely no jerkyness when taking off from a stop or under full throttle shifts.

That's really cool Aaron, how did you think the engine sounded, I often think it sounds crap on vids etc?

When you really get on it, you hear a lot of the engine/turbos/air or whatever right behind your head. Its like a big whooshing sound. Hard to hear the exhaust from inside the car over that. When you are cruising around, everything is relatively quiet. I really like the way the car rides, you do hear some tire noise, but this is an extreme sports car.

Aaron, after reading about the secondary market on these cars I wonder how much they'll go down. With the incredible maintenance costs as well as potential unbelievable costs for repairs once the car is out of warranty where do you think they'll settle out? I 'ASSUME' 7-800 ish for the earliest delivered or not perfect cars?

It seems like for a non collection car it's a 6 month ownership car? Buy it, drive it, take tons of pictures and vids, resell it? Even then if you sell the car even money you're talking about 50k in mainenance? 1 set of tires, a minor service before you sell?

The color combo sounds pretty awesome! Great experience I'm sure!

I couldnt believe how much attention it got. Everywhere I went, people were talking about it. I was getting texts from a lot of people I know asking if I bought one. News traveled fast with the car just being out in the open a couple of times for short periods of time.

How would you compare the power / pull to the widebody UGR TTG?

Not as much pull as the TTGs, but you could tell the Veyron was way better engineered to handle the power. The Veyron never feels on edge the way the TTGs do. Driving around in Veyron, you just feel special and important, and the power is always drama free. The TTG's you get more of that "jet pack strapped onto a skateboard" feel, which is fun when you are trying to scare you passengers. :)

Aaron, after reading about the secondary market on these cars I wonder how much they'll go down. With the incredible maintenance costs as well as potential unbelievable costs for repairs once the car is out of warranty where do you think they'll settle out? I 'ASSUME' 7-800 ish for the earliest delivered or not perfect cars?

It seems like for a non collection car it's a 6 month ownership car? Buy it, drive it, take tons of pictures and vids, resell it? Even then if you sell the car even money you're talking about 50k in mainenance? 1 set of tires, a minor service before you sell?

My understanding is that Veyrons are bullet proof. Unless a car has been wrecked or has excessively high miles, I dont think we will see any under 7 figures. They arent making any more of them, and the latest ones are 2.5 mil or more. Maintenance costs are a bit high, but not as bad as everyone has made it out to be. Tires dont need to be replaced every 2500 miles unless you are driving 250mph. Most cars out there dont have all their services done because its not really needed every year. This car at Premier has had more services done than most cars and I believe is currently the cheapest on the market.

Of course I do, but people try to compare the 2 of them all the time in the Aventadors favor.. so my answer has always been.. THERE IS NO COMPARISON and rightfully so..

Thanks, Vboxking, for sharing such an important test drive: very interesting impressions.

ciao

Of course I do, but people try to compare the 2 of them all the time in the Aventadors favor.. so my answer has always been.. THERE IS NO COMPARISON and rightfully so..

You're right, the comparison should be between the UGR TTA and the Bug, where the TTA takes the cake. :P

You're right, the comparison should be between the UGR TTA and the Bug, where the TTA takes the cake. :P

Ya no..

The Veyron really is a hypercar- putting it in the same league as Koenigsegg, Pagani, the McLaren F1, (some would argue the SLR), and of course the Porsche CGT.

I think the Aventador is close to hypercar status as it comes, but not if you're putting those cars I just listed in that category. I say go for it! Get the color combos you want and have fun with it. There really isn't anything like the Veyron out there...