Corsa mode.....lack of downshift blip?!

Unotaz

I noticed on my 2014 coupe, the car gives a great blip on downshift in Sport Mode, but doesn't have it in Corsa mode?! Has anybody else notice this on their cars as well? The upshift in Corsa mode is definitely faster than Sport mode, but I just find it odd that in Corsa mode, the car doesn't blip as much during downshift?

I noticed on my 2014 coupe, the car gives a great blip on downshift in Sport Mode, but doesn't have it in Corsa mode?! Has anybody else notice this on their cars as well? The upshift in Corsa mode is definitely faster than Sport mode, but I just find it odd that in Corsa mode, the car doesn't blip as much during downshift?

Depends on the revs I'd say, if you are driving relatively slow and downshift the rev matching won't be as aggressive.

Depends on the revs I'd say, if you are driving relatively slow and downshift the rev matching won't be as aggressive.

That's interesting....in low rev like 3000rpm, downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, the sport mode would always give a nice blip on downshift but in corsa mode, the downshift blip is nowhere near as aggressive?? I wonder what's the logic behind this?

The only thing I can tell you is that when downshifting at relatively low RPM at low speed the blips weren't as accentuated, also when I installed the Capristo the blips weren't as crisp and/or regular, maybe someone who knows more about the mechanics involved will chime in.

• 2 years later...

Old thread.....

I notice the same thing. Very strange that downshift in corsa mode seems so......slow and boring, compared to sport. Upshifts in corsa are amazing though!!!

Any idea why this is?

• 3 weeks later...
Old thread.....

I notice the same thing. Very strange that downshift in corsa mode seems so......slow and boring, compared to sport. Upshifts in corsa are amazing though!!!

Any idea why this is?

:iamwithstupid:

Just had my car in for service, and it was confirmed that is how Lamborghini programmed the car... So strange. Newest software update did nothing in terms of changing things.... in fact, I now feel that shifts almost seem slower?! And the beautiful crackles and backfires from 2900rpm down to 2000 rpm have been reduced. Shame!

My first post so hello everyone !

Corsa mode is technicaly for track, so I say it is set up assuming you are driving around one and lack of "full" blip is to add braking before corners like you would with heal and toe. Please correct me if somebody knows for sure, but this is my guess.

My first post so hello everyone !

Corsa mode is technicaly for track, so I say it is set up assuming you are driving around one and lack of "full" blip is to add braking before corners like you would with heal and toe. Please correct me if somebody knows for sure, but this is my guess.

Hello to you! I am new here as well :)

That is an excellent guess, I kinda figured that there was some functional reason to it as well. Sport mode is for fun and Corsa mode is all business. With a neck massage.

• 6 months later...

I am trying to find a way to bring the down shifts to corsa from sport as well. There should be a option in settings to turn that off or on.

I think MAYBE the reason it does not blip & sound as hard & loud when downshifting in corsa mode is because it is meant for the track & tracks usually have sound mic that picks up noise & a car to loud can't run on the track? Only reason I can think of.

Just had my car in for service, and it was confirmed that is how Lamborghini programmed the car... So strange. Newest software update did nothing in terms of changing things.... in fact, I now feel that shifts almost seem slower?! And the beautiful crackles and backfires from 2900rpm down to 2000 rpm have been reduced. Shame!

it's what we all have complained about but factory has done nothing yet as usual..

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that you got to drive it hard in corsa at high revs only when you downshift you'll get the crackle sound