LP640 tail light conversion on Murcie, photos

Hon and myself have been trying to get as much information from anyone who has done the conversion on their Murcie but no success till now so Hon got the best panel beater than money can buy and when the panel beater compared the LP640 and Murcielago without the rear lights or the frame it sits in he said he found it a breeze to do the conversion. It would take some time but nothing that he could not handle. Aparently this panel beater has a repo for being expensive but he is the best around. I have seen him panel beat a metal sheet to the shape of a nice bumper and even done panel beaitng to some cars that want wider fenders and all this free hands.

Anyway below are photos of Hons car I took earlier today. As you can see there is a new black colour bracket which will support the LP640 lights and you will not even be able to notice where the panel beater has cut away. Note the bloody neat workmanship.

Thought I'd post some photos here if any of you guys think of doing the conversion.

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_005.jpg

Picture_006.jpg

Picture_007.jpg

Picture_008.jpg

These pics are so helpful to see the scope of the job.

A question...they have to cut away some body work...yes? This cutting is all hidden once the lights are fitted? What im getting at is there any need for a respray once this is finished?

I got a price for the 640 lights from a UK supplier - will post details once I find them in my mail.

They were about 700GBP each from memory.

These pics are so helpful to see the scope of the job.

A question...they have to cut away some body work...yes? This cutting is all hidden once the lights are fitted? What im getting at is there any need for a respray once this is finished?

I got a price for the 640 lights from a UK supplier - will post details once I find them in my mail.

They were about 700GBP each from memory.

Yes they have to cut away some bodywork. Yes they are hidden. No respray required as it's all behind the lights.

Nice!! did they took off the spoiler?

They sure did.. the spoiler was taken off as the internal of the tail lights had to be cut. Will be collecting my car tomorrow evening. The Premier4509 exhaust tip will also be installed already. With the LP640 conversion lights done, and my Hermera Rims being painted to gloss black this week, I'm pretty much finished just about what I want to do with my car. Except of course the DMS upgrade of 31 bhp which should take place next month. Perhaps we can meet next week once my Hermera's fitted and we can do a photo shoot.

Hon looking forward to pics!

ANyone have typical prices from candian distributors for the lights?

They sure did.. the spoiler was taken off as the internal of the tail lights had to be cut. Will be collecting my car tomorrow evening. The Premier4509 exhaust tip will also be installed already. With the LP640 conversion lights done, and my Hermera Rims being painted to gloss black this week, I'm pretty much finished just about what I want to do with my car. Except of course the DMS upgrade of 31 bhp which should take place next month. Perhaps we can meet next week once my Hermera's fitted and we can do a photo shoot.

you are a BRAVE man :icon_thumleft:

but with it, comes a great car!!!

i just looked at the photos again ... judging by the rear clip, it looks like this car IS an lp640 .... no ?

sorry i couldn't answer your questions, but am glad it turned out as easily as i had said.

Dont say sorry bro, you told us what you knew and thats all that matters. :)

Any issues with the wiring harness? Or is it just plug and play?

Some modifications were done to the wiring but there didn't seem to be a issue for the Lambo Technicians here in Singapore. The more difficult part was the cutting of the internal fender and tail lights harness area. As it was the very first attempt in Singapore, it took a few hours of brain storming of 2 panel beaters here. Eventually, all went well. I've collected my car today and it is PERFECT. There is nothing, abosolutely nothing that seperates my conversion lights and the original one on the LP640. It looks and works exactly the same!! I cannot be happier with the results I saw today. Will post the complete car pictures at the forum once I've fitted my Hermera Rims in next week.

you are a BRAVE man :icon_thumleft:

but with it, comes a great car!!!

Thanks... bravery comes with a price but also comes with equal rewards..... Thank god everything turn out as planned.. which is perfection...

Thanks... bravery comes with a price but also comes with equal rewards..... Thank god everything turn out as planned.. which is perfection...

yes sir.... PHOTOS PLEASE~!!! :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...