Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Diablo SE30, The ultimate gentlemen racer diablo
qvpower
post May 14 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #61

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 229

QUOTE (toyroy2003 @ May 14 2010, 12:10 PM) *
I am in town, I will be with my SV in Bellevue this afternoon...call me.

I not sure on the "cosmetics" of Chris's SE purple against my Purple...I think I will give the nod to him on his...but as far as "tuned" mechanicaly good to go...yes Chris car is very very nice..but I am darn sure mine is tuned a tad better and will meet at the track or any method in which to test the two for a "finer" tuned car...of course this is IMO..and I am biased LOL

Oops we just missed each other! I left at about that time and now back in LA... I go up there pretty often now... Will look u up again wink.gif. I need to see that pole at your house again lol.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kane00
post May 14 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #62

Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 3,504

QUOTE (Placid @ May 14 2010, 04:30 PM) *
How so?

Easy. In a whole lot of ways.

There was SO much done that the factory never did and never fully developed. Just the gaskets alone for the intake plenums. The factory never made them correct. Even Valentiono laughed when we told him about them. When you are losing air from parts like that, it is huge.

It was all the little stuff that added up. Also, its tough to compete against a 1995 build and a modern 2008 build of a motor. There is so much more technology to work with.

And for all you wannabe Jota historians here's the deal with the install.
28 kits were made. Out of those, 12 were put on at the factory's LIE building. The LIE (Lamborghini Engineering) building was down the street from the factory and was their racing department at that time. It is were they were making the F1 motors. It would probably still exist if McLaren had not backed out of a hand shake deal for Lamborghini to supply their F1 team with motors. The Jota package was created at the time for Lamborghini to enter the BPR FIA GT series. It became a partial attempt because it was Chrysler and Iaccoca behind it and just as it was nearing completion the company was sold to the Indonesians. It is widely assumed that if McLaren had made the deal with Lamborghini F1 motors, Chrysler would not have sold the company.

Only 12 were installed at LIE because the Jota package did not come out until most of the SE30's were already produced. Lamborghini then made the package available to all owners of SE 30's in an attempt to convince owners to enter privateer racing since there was no money for a factory sponsored effort. The reaming 14 kits were then sold to costumers and sent to them for their dealer to install. Some countries did not get this option because the JOTA package never met emission standards in those countries. The remaining 2 JOTA kits sat at the factory in case any of the cars were wrecked and needed replacements. Emilio found the kit for me and Christian and we had them shipped here and installed at Driven.

The majority of the JOTA packages were not installed at the factory and the ones that were, had notorious problems for years. Not running right, surging etc. Having had mine now, it runs amazing and is blisteringly fast. TURBOALEX and the boys at SP tuned the car to perfection. It dyno'd at 447rwhp and that is without any aid of the positive air pressure the JOTA package will provide at speed.

And don't worry, I've driven these cars for 15 years. I know all the stories and what happened....but I won't tell!! eusa_shhh.gif
+Quote Post
emilio
post May 14 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #63

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 4,328

i would like to add that Mauro Forghieri after leaving Ferrari's team, was the man of Lamborghini Engineering for 4 years and it is known his F1 V12 was a very good engine, one of the best of its era
Senna drove then a McLaren with lambo V12 in a test and was more than impressed with the result

i found only 1 (your) kit, Keith

--------------------

+Quote Post
Placid
post May 14 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #64

No mo' Diablo

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE (kane00 @ May 15 2010, 03:41 PM) *
There was SO much done that the factory never did and never fully developed. Just the gaskets alone for the intake plenums. The factory never made them correct.

I haven't pulled my intakes apart and looked at the gaskets, but they are not leaking or anything afaik. It might be that the factory installed kits have the necessary tweaking to the gaskets to make them work, where as the ones shipped to owners was like the one you got.

The majority of the JOTA packages were not installed at the factory and the ones that were, had notorious problems for years. Not running right, surging etc.

I'm assuming Lamborghini's intention was that the teams entering the GT series do the fine tuning. I don't know what has been done with mine before I got it, but apart from the fuel pressure being totally wrong (to get it through emission controls) when I got it, it runs very good. There's a problem from the factory with the throttlebody, fuel and idle releations, and this is probably what people have had issues with. It would be nice to see how the guys at Driven solved this. I have some ideas on how to fix it myself though. Other than the first inch of the gas pedal where this is an issue, my car drives as good as any other car.

It dyno'd at 447rwhp and that is without any aid of the positive air pressure the JOTA package will provide at speed.

Mine dynoed 459 rwhp (with stock exhaust), so the poweroutput is about the same. I think mine is good for a little more with some tuning. About the air pressure, I hope to get it measured this summer icon_thumleft.gif

--------------------

If it works, don't fix it!!
+Quote Post
christiann
post May 15 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #65

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 6,121

the gaskets that came in the jota kit was a joke. we ended up making brand new ones. also i dont think anybody took the time on the install like steve did.
+Quote Post
Diablo_4_Ever
post May 20 2010, 06:55 AM
Post #66

The Dutchie

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 230

28 is probably a good estimate and I think this number also comes from Lamborghini themselves. Right now I have 22 Jota with the kit installed in my registry, + the 2 US cars makes 24, + 3 Jota that I do not know the vin# of but that have the kit installed which makes 27. So either I am really close to completing the list of Jota, or there were more than 28 kits made... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Joe-Trojan
post May 23 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 4,147

QUOTE (kane00 @ May 14 2010, 06:52 PM) *
Easy. In a whole lot of ways.

There was SO much done that the factory never did and never fully developed. Just the gaskets alone for the intake plenums. The factory never made them correct. Even Valentiono laughed when we told him about them. When you are losing air from parts like that, it is huge.

It was all the little stuff that added up. Also, its tough to compete against a 1995 build and a modern 2008 build of a motor. There is so much more technology to work with.

And for all you wannabe Jota historians here's the deal with the install.
28 kits were made. Out of those, 12 were put on at the factory's LIE building. The LIE (Lamborghini Engineering) building was down the street from the factory and was their racing department at that time. It is were they were making the F1 motors. It would probably still exist if McLaren had not backed out of a hand shake deal for Lamborghini to supply their F1 team with motors. The Jota package was created at the time for Lamborghini to enter the BPR FIA GT series. It became a partial attempt because it was Chrysler and Iaccoca behind it and just as it was nearing completion the company was sold to the Indonesians. It is widely assumed that if McLaren had made the deal with Lamborghini F1 motors, Chrysler would not have sold the company.

Only 12 were installed at LIE because the Jota package did not come out until most of the SE30's were already produced. Lamborghini then made the package available to all owners of SE 30's in an attempt to convince owners to enter privateer racing since there was no money for a factory sponsored effort. The reaming 14 kits were then sold to costumers and sent to them for their dealer to install. Some countries did not get this option because the JOTA package never met emission standards in those countries. The remaining 2 JOTA kits sat at the factory in case any of the cars were wrecked and needed replacements. Emilio found the kit for me and Christian and we had them shipped here and installed at Driven.

The majority of the JOTA packages were not installed at the factory and the ones that were, had notorious problems for years. Not running right, surging etc. Having had mine now, it runs amazing and is blisteringly fast. TURBOALEX and the boys at SP tuned the car to perfection. It dyno'd at 447rwhp and that is without any aid of the positive air pressure the JOTA package will provide at speed.

And don't worry, I've driven these cars for 15 years. I know all the stories and what happened....but I won't tell!! eusa_shhh.gif

Great info, I am definitely a wannabe Jota historian, thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
diablo-jota
post May 23 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #68

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 22,907

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIe9vTrgVc

Here´s a nice video wink.gif

When i was a child,a good friend of my dad had a Diablo Jota in purple/blue alcantara.So i often drove with the car,it was so fast...i love it.
He sold the car to japan in 2003.The car is registered in the ILR.

I think the white one is #147 and the purple #103,but i´m not sure..

sorry for my terrible english biggrin.gif

--------------------

CONSULTING | TRADING | BROKERING | PARTS SOURCING

hello@lemacc.com
www.lemacc.com
+Quote Post
Smash Boy
post May 24 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #69

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (jota1995 @ May 23 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Great info, I am definitely a wannabe Jota historian, thanks smile.gif

iamwithstupid.gif
+Quote Post
RobbyDiStefano
post Feb 9 2015, 11:48 PM
Post #70

Group: LP Member
Member No.: 212,197

I loved your review. I sat in my friend's Purple SE30 as he was pulling it into a car show at LNB. It's V12 right behind your ears rumbles your whole body and I can only imagine the restrain it takes to not be egged on by it. Incredible machines.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 05:59 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag your alt tag' your alt tag' your alt tag