04LAMBO/01996TT/01360SPYDER/01GTS

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Carnut1420
post Dec 27 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #22

Group: LP Member
Member No.: 23,137

That is good news.... 360 Vs Gallardo- oner month of driving.... i am interested...

<a href="http://www.dupontregistry.com">dupontregistry</a>
+Quote Post
Assman
post Dec 27 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #23

Lambro

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 12,288

Joe, how about now with the gremlins you've had in your G. Any change of heart?

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
joebiz
post Dec 27 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 22,477

QUOTE (Gasman @ Dec 27 2009, 10:21 AM) *

Well if they were anything more than just gremlins, I'd have a change of heart. The problems are just nuisances, and with the exception of reverse not working every now and then it's great.

I'm really happy with the car. It's quite a machine.
+Quote Post
Carnut1420
post Dec 27 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 23,137

for me the best car in the world is Ferrari F430. Is not it. dupontregistry
+Quote Post
joebiz
post Dec 28 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Carnut1420 @ Dec 27 2009, 11:34 PM) *
for me the best car in the world is Ferrari F430. Is not it. dupontregistry

okay! Well thanks for the engaging comments.
+Quote Post
oufan2929
post Dec 28 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #27

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 7,377

QUOTE (joebiz @ Dec 27 2009, 01:31 PM) *
individual. To me, the delta between a 20k mile car @ $70K and a 10K mile car @ $95K - the 20K mile car is the NO BRAINER choice. Seriously. I think that these cars can easily handle 150,000+ miles. So 10,000 and 20,000 miles are basically immaterial. Once people start realizing this, I think we'll see some appreciation of value on these cars.

I would not hesitate one second to buy a "high mile" Gallardo. These cars do not suffer the same consequences as previous exotics WRT miles. It might be the first exotic that is immune to bulk mileage problems. How exciting. A lot of people moan about Audi's influence, but they make a great brand even better. And that's good for enthusiasts that like to DRIVE. Bad for enthusiasts who like to COLLECT.

Agreed! Congrats again on a GREAT purchase. That sets the standard for me for when I make a purchase. Did you talk him down tremendously or was the asking price just really low. Seems like low 80's is the cheapest I've seen on an asking price...

--------------------

UGR Huracan
UGR Gallardo
Ford GT
Vantage GT--Stick
ML63
+Quote Post
joebiz
post Dec 28 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Gasman @ Dec 27 2009, 10:21 AM) *

Oh sorry I forgot to update that other post that I have isolated the problem to what is almost certainly a bad (+) battery lead. Knowing where the problem lies was 95% of the fix, now I just have to order the parts and install. $150 fix, could have been much worse.
+Quote Post
oufan2929
post Dec 31 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #29

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 7,377

QUOTE (joebiz @ Dec 28 2009, 07:50 PM) *
I threw out 10 offers on 2004 e-gears and 5 offers on a variety of 2005 Gallardos. Most of the dealers just chuckled at me and told me that if I could buy one at that price I should. And so I did. I believe my favorite comment was "Nobody buys a Gallardo at that price-you will always be a shopper at that price and never a buyer." Or, "hey buddy, if you find one that cheap I'll buy 5 of them from you." That particular dealer was a franchised Ferrari dealer in Dallas. It was a silver 2004 E-gear they were asking $119K for. I think it had 13,000 miles or so. Anyway, I offered him $85K and he literally laughed at me and hung up the phone. Sometimes dealers really let their ego get the better of them. I just told most of them up front that I was a lowballer, toying with the bottom end of the market. Some treated me like a dirtbag, and some were really cool. Bottom line is that it's a buyer's market, and don't let anybody convince you otherwise. I don't make enough money to lose $50,000 a year on a car, so I guess I'll never have the privilege of paying retail.

exactly my kinda guy. I talked the guy down $21k on the last viper I bought. Lowball enough people and someone will say yes! Once again, can't wait to start shopping. Need to sell the viper 1st!

--------------------

UGR Huracan
UGR Gallardo
Ford GT
Vantage GT--Stick
ML63
+Quote Post
mamovaka
post Feb 16 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 23,581

do you own them both still? are these your two daily drivers?
+Quote Post
gallardo777
post Jul 7 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 24,557

The OEM 04-05 exhaust on the Lambo is bad. Change it before you consider it's merit.
+Quote Post
IndianDrives
post Aug 23 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #32

porter was here

Group: Banned
Member No.: 71,787

Both are nice cars, enjoy them in good health. I recommend getting an exhaust on the Gallardo. Gallard is all I've been around a Tubi, Quicksilver, or other sounds incredible straight pipe vs stock configuration.
+Quote Post
alexo
post Dec 4 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #33

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 204,163

I can't believe you find the gallardo exterior dull and spaceship like... if anything the ferrari is boring and dull and ultra outdated... the GL looks mean , aggressive all packed in a tight dangerous body... the 360 looks way to huge with those tiny little wheels... as if a boat was mounted on that tiny frame...[

quote name='joebiz' date='Nov 1 2009, 07:48 PM' post='659549']
First I will say that comparing these cars to one another ultimately does little service to either one. Both cars are done a disservice by comparing or contrasting their unique benefits or features- despite their national heritage and clearly coveted ownership.

Most of the comparisons Iíve seen are Gallardo Vs. F430. Perhaps the 430 is a more appropriate car to compare to the Gallardo, but the 430 is a hefty premium. I cannot afford the luxury of buying a brand new Ferrari Ė and a new Gallardo is equally out of touch. I generally keep my cars 1 to 1.5 years and I feel so blessed to have a wife who lets me buy and sell exotics Ė so Iím left comparing what I can afford and that comparison, today, is my 1999 360 and my new (to me) 04 Gallardo E-gear. The bottom line is that the Gallardo and the 360 are pretty well the same price these days, where as a 430 is still substantially higher.

The cars:

1999 Ferrari 360 Coupe.
Purchased May, 2008
18,000 miles when I bought it, 30,000 today
6-speed
NART blue

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Purchased Sept 28, 2009
22,212 miles, 23,800 today
E-gear 6-speed
Blue Metallic

Aesthetics:

Iíll start with the least objective- the way the cars strike me. I believe that the 360 is Ferrariís best looking car to date. That said, it is starting to get a little dated in 2009. The curves of the car blend past and future and with the sexiest quarter panels in the business itís hard to not like the 360. The Lamborghini strikes me as, well, quite honestly just a little boring. It straddles the line of completely over the top and functionally fit. The mirrors look strange to me. The hood line is abbreviated and it seems very much like something that Sears, or Startrek would design- but not both.

Interior Aesthetics: Lamborghini wins by a country mile. More on the ergos, but from a simple spot check, I donít see how anyone could rightfully argue that the Ferrari has a better looking interior.

WINNER: Tie.

Fit and Finish:

I am not completely in awe of either carís fit and finish. I am impressed with how well the Ferrari has taken the 30,000 hard miles Iíve handed out to her. All except a few of the body panels have taken abuse well. The front bumper has some issues, as most of the exotics have on the lower valence but all told the F-car has held together well.

The Lamborghini, I suppose time will tell but it is built like a german car. All of the fittings, bolts, screws, alignment pins etc all seem a+ quality. The interior trim is amazing. Iím not sure if this particular VIN has upgraded interior components or not. The hood has some weird stuff going on and the rear bonnet is slightly misaligned but other than that the F&F seems spot on.

Winner: Lambo by a slim margin.

Grumblings:

The Ferrari had a Tubi exhaust and the Gallardo is stock. At first glance, the Ferrari should have it locked up- but not so fast. I drive my cars daily, or at least very frequently and the low (relatively) ound levels are well appreciated . But, nothing comes close a Ferrari at full wail in a tunnel. Practicality be damned. The lambo has a very sewing machine precise sound up top and very raspy and well worn @ startup. Where as the Ferrari screams from 9am until sheís partked.

Winner: Ferrari, by the largest of margins.

Interior ergos, electronics.

This isnít a fair comparison whatsoever. My Gallardo has a computer/entertainment/info device that does everything. To name a few AM/FM/CD/HDradio/Sirius and itís got a DVD player and full navigation system built in. Thereís a highly advanced tire pressure monitoring system and back-up sensors on the rear. The car has a F&R HD camera system setup that links and archives the speed so if one-time 5.0 wants to give me a rotten case I just download the audio, video and time-location stamped file and hand it to my attorney. Thereís also built in laser, radar and some sort of jamming device or something in the front air dam. The sound system is well installed and sounds great. Bluetooth etc. Where as the Ferrari has a CD player.

The lambo is comfy on a long drive and reasonably well sized for two adults. The Ferrari seems to have a slight edge on interior space. The passenger seat on the Gallardo I think is broken- the lumbar bolster is in a fixed position.

Winner: Ferrari isnít competing in this event.

E-gear vs. 6-speed.

Brunettes and Blondes. Synthetic oil and dinosaur oil. Republicans and Democrats. Outside of converting power into motion, these two things are not like the other. My only complaint on the e-gear is that launching it seems to take a lot more brain power and attention than I would like. The 6-speed of the Ferrari and itís tell-tale whine are heavenly. I am displeased with the E-gear all around.

Winner: Ferrari 6-speed, for now. Let me learn how to drive it first.

Powertrain:
This is a tough one. The V10 of the Lamborghini feels very M5ish to me. Itís so smooth and quiet that itís again- almost boring. The power delivery is good, it only feels anemic in the lowest rpm range. The 360 and G perform equally well under all of the circumstances that I will drive. Thereís an argument to be made that the 6-speed is a better commuter than the E-gear. The Ferrari inspires confidence- the Lambo inspires awe.

Winner: Tie, slight nod to the Ferrari

Overall performance: no debate

Winner: Lambo

Overall I am really happy with the Gallardo, the Ferrari is a great automobile but I feel that you really pay a premium for the name badge. The good news is that all of these cars are coming WAY down in price and they are becoming much more affordable to buy and own!
[/quote]

--------------------

More power please!
+Quote Post
amitsaxena
post Dec 24 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 211,216

Nice write up, great info you have shared here. Good work!!
+Quote Post
Auraraptor
post Dec 24 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 210,351

Interesting. I too find the G to be much more 'clinical' in comparison to the 360. Strange, I actually prefer the G in its R8 guise.

--------------------

Auraraptor
+Quote Post
outrnm
post Jan 18 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 212,219

great comparo, i have driven the 360 before i drove the G and my main concern was the lack of power. The 360 is a classic for sure.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2018 - 08:28 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag