Diablo 6.0 in Verde Ithaca

limey

I'm toying with the idea of painting the yellow 6.0 we have here in the VI colour scheme.

I've already got the car stripped down, rockers off and bumpers, all doors gutted. Car is currently pearly yellow with black interior.

What are the thoughts, Verde Ithaca green, black leather with green piping. No parts will be tapped up, you know the handles and such, when done it will look 100% factory that is for sure and you would never tell it was yellow if i hadn't told you.

So, go for it or leave a classic the F.&%( alone?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would look incredible, and with a color as popular and desireable as Verde Ithaca and the fact that its being done right, I dont think resale would be affected at all (but what do I know! lol). I say DO IT! :)

Wow,

Nice responses, i'm going to do it, why the hell not. "Plenty" of yellow 6.0's around, not too many VI greens.

I always wanted a VI Murcielago, but you know how life takes it strange turns and what not. I got to see this picture of a Photoshopped 6.0 and thought it looks better on a 6.0 than any other Lamborghini, maybe i'm biased, but.......

Verde Ithaca 6.0 Photoshopped

Let the fun begin.

DO IT!

There are more and more 6.0's changing colors. In the next few years I can't see it making any real difference in price if the job is done well.

usually i am all for original colors

...in this case since you already have one 6.0....and that a verde 6.0 is awesome....go for it!

just an option: verde scandal, have you thought about it? the GT in Swiss looks KILLER in this color

should be sweet ;)

I'm toying with the idea of painting the yellow 6.0 we have here in the VI colour scheme.

I've already got the car stripped down, rockers off and bumpers, all doors gutted. Car is currently pearly yellow with black interior.

What are the thoughts, Verde Ithaca green, black leather with green piping. No parts will be tapped up, you know the handles and such, when done it will look 100% factory that is for sure and you would never tell it was yellow if i hadn't told you.

So, go for it or leave a classic the F.&%( alone?

Here's one that was at Brighton a few years back; it may help with your decision...

post-102-1288808981.jpgpost-102-1288809167.jpg

Here's one that was at Brighton a few years back; it may help with your decision...

Lamborghini_Day__Brighton__20_05_06_056.jpgLamborghini_Day__Brighton__20_05_06_057.jpg

Ah the power of LP, i f^&*&*^&*^ing luv it!

Emilio,

The GT Verde Scandal car, it's tough to tell, but is there much of a difference in the shades of green? What Lamborghini's were painted the scandal green?

post-102-1288808981.jpgpost-102-1288809167.jpg

Color is sick, I say go for it!

On another note though, that has to be a kit car, or perhaps an earlier model. FOr one the wheels dont fill the rear wheel wells at all and the dash is completely incorrect for a 6.0....

Isn't that a kit car?

Yes, it is, but dare i say it.............. A very good one.

The fuel door is the biggest giveaway, it should be on the opposite side, aside from the other points such as wheels, mirrors are nt the 6.0 style etc.

From the pics I have seen Verde Scandel is definitely a unique color and looks kind of cool on the SV from what I remember, but I dont think it holds a candle to Verde Ithaca.

The Scandel looks almost like a highlighter, very very bright. Verde Ithaca is a loud color but it has a cool pearl look in the sun, and seems to photograph

differently all the time. :)

I would go with Verde Ithaca. :icon_mrgreen:

verde scandal is similar but a bit lighter i think

i am 100% sure it was on roadster color chart (even if i never see one in that color)

one GT (at least 1) was built in V.S., was and may be still is at Affolter

i guess the VT 6.0 (as a later model year) was likely available in V.S., for sure it was available for middle to late diablos, more period correct than V.I.

verde scandal is similar but a bit lighter i think

i am 100% sure it was on roadster color chart (even if i never see one in that color)

one GT (at least 1) was built in V.S., was and may be still is at Affolter

i guess the VT 6.0 (as a later model year) was likely available in V.S., for sure it was available for middle to late diablos, more period correct than V.I.

There is at least one 98 SV in Verde Scandal as well. A member here owns the car and has a picture of it in his avatar....

Assuming the Yellow 6.0 is factory spec, I wouldn't paint it. I wouldn't care about painting the supercharged 6.0 though.

Do whatever you like best. VS would be the period correct color as emilio pointed out, and looks less intense than VI.

Roy changed his silver 6.0 to pearl white, I liked it. But for me yellow is already one of the best looking colors on the 6.0.