+Quote Post
Swil
post Jun 2 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #42

Group: Bullshitters
Member No.: 7,513

QUOTE (capt_chaos @ Jun 2 2011, 01:00 PM) *
Interesting, anymore pics?

Okay, you want me on the hood in a thong with a rose in my mouth too? icon_mrgreen.gif lol
Pic is from being spotted out an about and was later sent to me.
I really didn't take any personal pics (cause I hadn't planned on posting any), so if I'm gonna get flamed so be it.

--------------------

I am full of manure - Please check here for details.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Guest_Rob Burgundy_*
post Jun 2 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #43

Guests

Just FYI. I typed the link to his picture into Tiny Eye which is a website that will scan the entire internet and find pictures that look the same so if the image was posted anywhere else on the internet and he used it it would show. Here's the results.
"0 Results

Searched over 1.9587 billion images. "

His picture is original content. I hate to see people get pounced on...
+Quote Post
Assman
post Jun 2 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #44

Lambro

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 12,288

QUOTE (Swil @ Jun 2 2011, 12:19 PM) *
Okay, you want me on the hood in a thong with a rose in my mouth too?

Please for the love of God, NO!

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
bullmrkt
post Jun 2 2011, 12:58 PM
Post #45

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 16,733

congrats on the car and i hope you did not STEP UP
+Quote Post
BLK85
post Jun 2 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #46

Smooth

Member No.: 7,086

QUOTE (Rob Burgundy @ Jun 2 2011, 02:25 PM) *
Just FYI. I typed the link to his picture into Tiny Eye which is a website that will scan the entire internet and find pictures that look the same so if the image was posted anywhere else on the internet and he used it it would show. Here's the results.
"0 Results

For the record I think Swill is probably legit here with the CGT, but we have been scammed before by long time members. Doesnt matter to me either way so thats not the intent of this post.

I copied a few links & uploaded some pictures I have posted on a few different forums and on my Facebook and they came up with zero results too.

--------------------

Brian
+Quote Post
Smash Boy
post Jun 2 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #47

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (Rob Burgundy @ Jun 2 2011, 04:25 PM) *
"0 Results

While this is a cool feature to verify pics....it also seems a little scary.

So does that mean that all these pics of chicks that are posted on here can be traced to an FB account or something? shock.gif
+Quote Post
HannibalACP82
post Jun 2 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #48

LP Cheerleader

Member No.: 24,965

QUOTE (vyce77 @ Jun 2 2011, 03:18 PM) *
I don't get all the hate for a long-time legit member? eusa_think.gif

I step outside to do a few hours of landscaping over at my mom's place and I come back to crazy hate. If his post count was 3 and his join date was yesterday I would understand but wow....

--------------------

QUOTE (TeamSalamone @ Sep 10 2014, 09:25 AM) *
"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014
+Quote Post
soup
post Jun 2 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 1,938

I thought all this was about a BENTLEY.

Nice porsche. smile.gif
+Quote Post
HannibalACP82
post Jun 2 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #50

LP Cheerleader

QUOTE (Fellippe @ Jun 2 2011, 04:11 PM) *
While this is a cool feature to verify pics....it also seems a little scary.

So does that mean that all these pics of chicks that are posted on here can be traced to an FB account or something? shock.gif

I like you un-edited post more! wink.gif

--------------------

"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014
+Quote Post
Smash Boy
post Jun 2 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #51

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (HannibalACP82 @ Jun 2 2011, 05:24 PM) *
I like you un-edited post more! wink.gif

Me too. icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
Steve K
post Jun 2 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 9,595

whatup bull ?
+Quote Post
deekss
post Jun 2 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 14,098

QUOTE (Steve K @ Jun 2 2011, 10:46 AM) *
gasman,
youre absolutely on point. the thing that scares me about getting a cgt is the maintenance etc. a nice 05 black is still in the low-mid 300's. call it 425k on the safe side including taxes and unexpected service issues... too rich for my blood at the moment.

a gallardo tt is 200k, add another 50 for taxes and unexpected service issues.

an slr is 250k, if i got one, i would keep it for less than a year. i'de only get one just because its beautiful and ive been a huge McLaren fan (formula 1) my life.

i bought my 996tt and ive owned it for 3 years and a few months. of those three years, its been at a shop for about 18 months, over 30 grand in services and maintenance related issues. and ive gone through 9 sets of rear tires.

WTF ?!? Nine sets of tyres in 18 months of driving (if it's been in the shop 18 months) ?!? A set of rears every two months ?! What were you doing, wheelspin starts all of the time ??! Hence the 18 months on a lift getting clutches too I guess......
+Quote Post
deekss
post Jun 2 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 14,098

Swil - Lovely porker matey. I had a spin in one once - memorable to say the least.
+Quote Post
Steve K
post Jun 2 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #55

why is there so much animosity towards swil ? if it wasn't for his knowledgable posts, the only thing lambopower would be good for is the DAMN, LOL , and undergroudn racings threads.
+Quote Post
Steve K
post Jun 2 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (deekss @ Jun 3 2011, 01:18 AM) *
WTF ?!? Nine sets of tyres in 18 months of driving (if it's been in the shop 18 months) ?!? A set of rears every two months ?! What were you doing, wheelspin starts all of the time ??! Hence the 18 months on a lift getting clutches too I guess......

the problems i had with the car were suspension issues. we replaced a bunch of different things, at the end, the entire rear-end of the car was replaced. new control arms, all bushings replaced, wheel bearing, dog bones, suspension carriers etc etc.
the problem was, we could never get a PERFECT alignment. ive had the car aligned about 25-30 times. keep in mind though, the car was ONLY used to be beaten on.
i never warm it up when i turn it on, it gets redlined all the time. my rear tires were shot quick because i had an alignment with a lot of negative camber, and a very agressive toe.

i did a few runs with a bunch of members on the forum, they know how i drive it.

all the rubber bushings in the rear were replaced with solid mount components (OEM Porsche Motorsport components), and the roads in NYC arent very forgiving, so everytime ide smack a pothole, my alignment was out of wack.

i love the car though, when its set up perfect, its fast as hell and a pleasure to drive.

this was from a run a couple of years ago

when a bunch of us were in the airport event in florida a couple of years ago (think to when heffner and UGR cars were battling), i had a blowout on the actual track due to the negative camber chewing the inside of the tires. at the time the car was set to 2.2 degrees of negative camber for the street.
+Quote Post
HannibalACP82
post Jun 2 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #57

LP Cheerleader

QUOTE (Steve K @ Jun 2 2011, 04:54 PM) *
this was from a run a couple of years ago

"So you are telling me you can only go 120mph?...I should have kept going then...."

LOLZ

--------------------

+Quote Post
capt_chaos
post Jun 2 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #58

The Limey
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7,693

QUOTE (Steve K @ Jun 2 2011, 09:49 PM) *
why is there so much animosity towards swil ? if it wasn't for his knowledgable posts, the only thing lambopower would be good for is the DAMN, LOL , and undergroudn racings threads.

You get out of a forum what you get in.

When referring to Swil's "knowledgable posts" I can point to many of them where they are exceedingly fact light or plain bonkers - so much so that one of his posts has become a forum catchphrase.
When it comes to Swil, I will lay my cards on the table. I am exceedingly dubious over this whole furore and I am not the only one. If it is his then fair play and better than good luck to him but right now I am sceptical.

Too much mis-information, post edits and again fact light for me. He says he is playing the Fortis game but we all knew about Fortis's car for a long while, I likened it to going to your girlfriend's family get together and there is a cousin there with overtly questionable sexuality.
We all know and it is a matter of time until everyone knows everyone knows.

All we have so far is a side on picture...

--------------------

Get Milk
+Quote Post
Mako
post Jun 2 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Member No.: 17

If a guy is bullshitting about buying/owning big ticket items on a forum, regardless of whether you enjoy his posts or not, it needs to be addressed...particularly if that guy is also giving unsolicited financial advice which many appear to be following. It's just better to be safe and really enjoy Swil's contributions than be burned on the other side.

Same goes for any of us, Swil's not being singled out at all. And I'm sure he has no problem whatsoever with this vetting process, as he's seen several others go through it and come out fine on the other side. He knows the drill. icon_thumleft.gif

ALSO: This is not a thread on Porsche, CGT maintenance, shop nightmares, or other nonsense, unless it directly pertains to BMWRACER's original post. Stay on topic please.
+Quote Post
abolfaz
post Jun 2 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #60

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,430

QUOTE (chrislamborghiniatlanta @ Jun 2 2011, 08:54 AM) *
The CGT is the top of my all time favorites list. Follow that by a Ford GT and an SLR.

Chris, back in '07 I briefly owned a CGT silver/ascot with the intention of replacing the FGT. After one afternoon with the car I decided to pass and keep the FGT. The CGT may have the FGT beat in the looks department (at least IMO) but you can't compare the way the two cars drive. Perhaps post-5-1301012070.gif will chime in on the CGT vs the FGT since he's owned and modded both at the same time.

Congrats on the CGT Swill, what number is your car?

--------------------

“Never pass up the opportunity to have sex or be on television.” - Gore Vidal

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 05:23 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag