2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2012 LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale, my impressions
SuperBee
post Aug 7 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #1

Group: LP Member
Member No.: 106,698

Three months ago I replaced my 2008 Superleggera with the STS. Since then, I've put over 2200 miles on, including a session at MMC. When I first bought the car, I wrote as follows:

[some of you may have already seen this, either from an earlier email, or posting.]

First impressions on my new Super Trofeo: I love this car. It's as if they took everything I knew and liked about my SL, and made it even better. The good/bad, short version, is as follows:

The good: Faster, quicker, more nimble, gobs more pulling power, tighter seats, more of a race engine whine than the familiar SL howl. Better rear view visibility (the massive wing is mounted high). Smoother/faster shifts. This baby eats up high speed cornering (and the tires aren't even broken in yet; it must be the wing, performing as per spec. Supposedly, the massive wing increases high speed cornering ability by threefold). *And, of course, great braking power.
Tight, light, and a total delight.

The bad: more of a race engine whine than the familiar SL howl. No rear view cam. WTF? No floor mats?

All in all? F- ing awesome. The neighbors will appreciate the quieter sound at idle. Drop it down a gear while hitting it and the car takes off like a jack rabbit on steroids. In the power band, which feels like a very wide 4000-8100 rpm, the engine screams, and the unreal pulling power effortlessly thrusts the STS forward at rocket-like acceleration, while pushing you back into a perfectly contoured race seat. *0-60 in under 3.4 seconds. *The acceleration from 60-140 (on the track, of course) is especially intense as well as unbelievably. *At 130, she's not even breaking a sweat, as this car wants to be pushed. *She needs to be pushed. **In fact, she LOVES to be pushed.

I love Red!

P.S.
Depending on the lighting, angle of view, etc., the Rosso Mars color can look like anything from blood red to orange.
Not sure if it’s because of the high wing, the glossy black wheels, the Nero Noctis roof, the matte black scoops, shorter headlamps/lenses, or the lack of the side strip that my SL had, but the universal comment is that the STS looks lower, shorter, and smaller than my SL (the other oft-heard comment I get is that “this is a much better color”).

So, how do I feel now, three months later?
Well, I'm still totally in love. The car is so much quicker than the SL, and the shifts so much smoother, that this, alone, is reason to rejoice. I'm still adjusting to the fact that the car feels very light, and on the long straight at MMC, where there's the slight elbow, I didn't "feel" the road the way I did in my SL. I'm not sure of this is good or bad, or a result of me not having enough time on the track in the STS. But the car drives noticeably lighter. I love the fact that the engine note is much more of a race tune, especially at the high RPM's, and the ride is very comfortable. I have no criticisms (other than missing the rear view camera). As expected, the red commands much more attention than the black did. Oh yeah...my dealer got me the floor mats.

--------------------

Bradley "SuperBee" Silverbush
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
speed2
post Aug 7 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (SuperBee @ Aug 7 2012, 02:01 PM) *
Three months ago I replaced my 2008 Superleggera with the STS. Since then, I've put over 2200 miles on, including a session at MMC. When I first bought the car, I wrote as follows:

[some of you may have already seen this, either from an earlier email, or posting.]

First impressions on my new Super Trofeo: I love this car. It's as if they took everything I knew and liked about my SL, and made it even better. The good/bad, short version, is as follows:

The good: Faster, quicker, more nimble, gobs more pulling power, tighter seats, more of a race engine whine than the familiar SL howl. Better rear view visibility (the massive wing is mounted high). Smoother/faster shifts. This baby eats up high speed cornering (and the tires aren't even broken in yet; it must be the wing, performing as per spec. Supposedly, the massive wing increases high speed cornering ability by threefold). *And, of course, great braking power.

The bad: more of a race engine whine than the familiar SL howl. No rear view cam. WTF? No floor mats?

All in all? F- ing awesome. The neighbors will appreciate the quieter sound at idle. Drop it down a gear while hitting it and the car takes off like a jack rabbit on steroids. In the power band, which feels like a very wide 4000-8100 rpm, the engine screams, and the unreal pulling power effortlessly thrusts the STS forward at rocket-like acceleration, while pushing you back into a perfectly contoured race seat. *0-60 in under 3.4 seconds. *The acceleration from 60-140 (on the track, of course) is especially intense as well as unbelievably. *At 130, she's not even breaking a sweat, as this car wants to be pushed. *She needs to be pushed. **In fact, she LOVES to be pushed.

I love Red!

P.S.
Depending on the lighting, angle of view, etc., the Rosso Mars color can look like anything from blood red to orange.
Not sure if it’s because of the high wing, the glossy black wheels, the Nero Noctis roof, the matte black scoops, shorter headlamps/lenses, or the lack of the side strip that my SL had, but the universal comment is that the STS looks lower, shorter, and smaller than my SL (the other oft-heard comment I get is that “this is a much better color”).

Well, I'm still totally in love. The car is so much quicker than the SL, and the shifts so much smoother, that this, alone, is reason to rejoice. I'm still adjusting to the fact that the car feels very light, and on the long straight at MMC, where there's the slight elbow, I didn't "feel" the road the way I did in my SL. I'm not sure of this is good or bad, or a result of me not having enough time on the track in the STS. But the car drives noticeably lighter. I love the fact that the engine note is much more of a race tune, especially at the high RPM's, and the ride is very comfortable. I have no criticisms (other than missing the rear view camera). As expected, the red commands much more attention than the black did. Oh yeah...my dealer got me the floor mats.

Thanks for the report Superbee!!
+Quote Post
djantlive
post Aug 7 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 22,371

one of the best if not the best Gallardo variants. thanks for sharing your thoughts.
+Quote Post
HannibalACP82
post Aug 8 2012, 12:40 AM
Post #4

LP Cheerleader

Member No.: 24,965

Real interesting comments on the color changing. I had noticed in the pictures sometimes it looks red and others more orangeish. I think the car is amazing and the red/black interior is killer!

--------------------

QUOTE (TeamSalamone @ Sep 10 2014, 09:25 AM) *
"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014
+Quote Post
Aventador22
post Aug 9 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #5

Too stupid for LP

Group: Banned
Member No.: 105,629

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing!
+Quote Post
toyroy2003
post Aug 12 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 23,696

I am so looking fgorward to mine as well...I fly in to San Fran tomorrow morning to pick it up at BMCD..then a 2 hour place drive to MOnterey..should be a great break in period..

--------------------

+Quote Post
jhbchess
post Aug 12 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #7

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 92,628

QUOTE (toyroy2003 @ Aug 12 2012, 09:35 PM) *
I am so looking fgorward to mine as well...I fly in to San Fran tomorrow morning to pick it up at BMCD..then a 2 hour place drive to MOnterey..should be a great break in period..

make sure to take pics roy!

--------------------

2017 Porsche Turbo S
2015 BMW i8 (sold)
2011 UGR TT Performante (sold)
2007 Gallardo Spyder (sold)
Eiffel Tower (sold)
Several bridges (sold)
+Quote Post
ncraigphoto
post Dec 10 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 118,898

Congrats on the purchase, man!!

--------------------

Nathan C. "The winner isn't the one with the fastest car. It's the one who refuses to lose" ~Dale Earnhardt
+Quote Post
RaginBull
post Dec 10 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #9

Multi-Lambo Owner

Member No.: 24,086

I LOVE YOUR STS!! I know I have told you that a few times, but it never gets old!

--------------------

Instagram
+Quote Post
SuperBee
post Dec 19 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 106,698

Attached File  603239_10151510208255101_977823615_n.jpg ( 168.7K ) Number of downloads: 110
quote name='RaginBull' date='Dec 10 2012, 09:04 PM' post='996887']
I LOVE YOUR STS!! I know I have told you that a few times, but it never gets old!
[/quote]

Thanks. I have put on 5,400 miles in 6 months. And I still love it!
Attached File  169258_317092788403218_893909033_o.jpg ( 154.57K ) Number of downloads: 114
Attached File  474798_528276500515998_2137363799_o.jpg ( 166.19K ) Number of downloads: 112
Attached File  290066_317088541736976_1060725047_o.jpg ( 150.64K ) Number of downloads: 109
Attached File  329106_528276523849329_2016135237_o.jpg ( 155.62K ) Number of downloads: 118
[[attachment=96513:photo__70_.jpg]
Attached File(s)
Attached File  603239_10151510208255101_977823615_n.jpg ( 168.7K ) Number of downloads: 61

--------------------

Bradley "SuperBee" Silverbush
+Quote Post
mackoblewett
post Jun 8 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 161,867

How much did you get your STS for?

--------------------

"What you allow is what will continue." value point distribution
+Quote Post
Huy405
post Apr 5 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 208,462

Nice car.
+Quote Post
SAMLAMBO
post Jan 24 2015, 08:08 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 969

Now thats a Lambo to own. I think there are like only 1 or 2 STS in Singapore.

--------------------

Rolls Royce Phantom
+Quote Post
RobbyDiStefano
post Feb 9 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 212,197

I think the STS is the best looking Gallardo hands down. That red is just killer.
+Quote Post
Fuelie95
post Nov 30 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 76,849

QUOTE (SuperBee @ Aug 7 2012, 10:01 AM) *

I love Red!

P.S.

A beautiful version of the Gallardo. Can't wait to see the Huracan variant!
+Quote Post
DoctaM3
post Dec 1 2016, 09:06 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 19,779

I love the STS. I honestly have been hunting for a white one. So hard since so few made but hand down this is the Gallardo to get IMHO.
+Quote Post
Devine STS
post Dec 1 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 146,163

QUOTE (DoctaM3 @ Dec 1 2016, 12:06 PM) *
I love the STS. I honestly have been hunting for a white one. So hard since so few made but hand down this is the Gallardo to get IMHO.

I agree the STS is a very special car. There was a white STS for sale a couple months back on the forum...first white STS I've seen for sale in years. It was a 2013 with ceramics too which made it even more scarce ...Any reason you didn't jump on that one?

--------------------

2013 Lamborghini STS #141- Bianco Monocerus
2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale - Bianco Avus
2015 Lamborghini Aventador Roadster "Hullk" - Verde Ithaca
2015 Lamborghini Aventador "Stealth-A-Dor"- Grigio Telesto
2014 Mclaren MP4-12c spider - Pearl White
2012 Super Trofeo Stradale #106 - Rosso Mars
2012 Audi R8 V10- lbis White
2014 BMW M6 Grand Coupe - San Marina Blue
+Quote Post
Vahid
post Dec 13 2016, 07:49 AM
Post #18

Lambo Owner

Member No.: 23,865

QUOTE (DoctaM3 @ Dec 1 2016, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE (Devine STS @ Dec 2 2016, 03:31 AM) *
I agree the STS is a very special car. There was a white STS for sale a couple months back on the forum...first white STS I've seen for sale in years. It was a 2013 with ceramics too which made it even more scarce ...Any reason you didn't jump on that one?

After 3 years of modding mine, I'm almost done with it. Just a few more parts...

Attached File  IMG_8586.JPG ( 1023.35K ) Number of downloads: 32

Attached File  IMG_8789.JPG ( 407.37K ) Number of downloads: 14
+Quote Post
VCR
post Dec 13 2016, 10:24 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 3,591

QUOTE (Vahid @ Dec 13 2016, 07:49 AM) *
After 3 years of modding mine, I'm almost done with it. Just a few more parts...

I have experienced this car in the real and can vouch for this beast, it's a complete monster --- in a great, positive way of course. Vahid did a phenomenal job of modding an already great car to be even greater...much much greater.
+Quote Post
Devine STS
post Dec 13 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 146,163

[quote name='Vahid' date='Dec 13 2016, 10:49 AM' post='1262632']

Attached File  IMG_8586.JPG ( 1023.35K ) Number of downloads: 32

Attached File  IMG_8789.JPG ( 407.37K ) Number of downloads: 14

[/quote

Wow! Looks incredible! Is this the full Revozport kit ?

--------------------

2013 Lamborghini STS #141- Bianco Monocerus
2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale - Bianco Avus
2015 Lamborghini Aventador Roadster "Hullk" - Verde Ithaca
2015 Lamborghini Aventador "Stealth-A-Dor"- Grigio Telesto
2014 Mclaren MP4-12c spider - Pearl White
2012 Super Trofeo Stradale #106 - Rosso Mars
2012 Audi R8 V10- lbis White
2014 BMW M6 Grand Coupe - San Marina Blue
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 03:04 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag your alt tag' your alt tag' your alt tag