FL Lambo Crash: RIP

dreamcast18

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...,0,759972.story

Lamborghini crash kills Kissimmee woman, Winter Haven man

Tiffany Beene was treasurer of a Christian non-profit.

A 24-year-old Kissimmee woman and her passenger were killed Sunday when the Lamborghini she was driving crossed into oncoming traffic on a Lakeland boulevard and crashed into another vehicle, police reported.

Killed were driver Tiffany Ann Beene and Samuel Jonathan Hampton, 24, of Winter Haven.

Beene is the daughter of missionaries Michael and Roxanne Beene, who founded Faith In Action, a Kissimmee non-profit that focuses on building churches, schools and clinics in remote villages in Guatemala, according to its website.

According to corporate records, Tiffany served as company treasurer.

Two people in the car she hit were injured. Linh Luu, 38, of St. Petersburg, the other driver, was in critical condition at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, police reported. His passenger, Tan P. Phan, 22, of Pinellas Park, was treated and released.

The Lamborghini was traveling west on University Boulevard about 3 p.m. when it crossed the median into the path of Luu's Nissan, police reported. The impact spread debris for 1,000 feet.

All four people were wearing seat belts, police reported.

Regardless of what the owner's family did for a living, this is sad news. It's possible her family came from wealth, or she had a good job and bought herself the Lambo. I know several young people her age with extraordinary skills that give them the means to afford very nice cars. I have also met a few very wealthy people that have decided to pursue charitable/philanthropic interests after inheriting and/or making their fortunes. No need to jump to conclusions.

What kind of Lambo was it?

RIP, Although I would like to believe they made their fortune outside their "NON PROFIT" organization; odds are not likely that is the case. This week alone I have been hearing numerous stories of all these congragation making tons of money and lining their pockets all tax free .

R.I.P. Circumstances sound suspect. Be curious to see who owned the car.

After a quick search, the closest tax record I could come up with on FIA was 2006. There were problems accessing 2007- current.

I'm too tired to really dig into it, but after a couple minutes this is what i saw. Draw your own conclusions though.

----- AS OF 2006 FILINGS -----

- Tiffany at the time, named as a Secretary (75% of the listed staff, 3 out of 4 were family members) took no salary.

- Brought in less than $300k ($286,438) for contributions received.

- Net Assets of fund balance at the end of the year however were $590,937.

- Start of the year they had $7,491 in savings, and by the EOY had $70,210.

- Total assets including land equals $607,298.

- 2002 and 2003 they never took in more than $152,753. Then in 2004 ($237,840) and 2005 ($244,590) assuming it didn't go down over the years.

-They did (or do) have an office out of Guatemala. Not sure on the state of Banks there, but they did acknowledge they have a checking account there.

Come on guys lets not speculate on how/why she came in to possession of a Lambo. She killed herself and a friend and injured others in a horrible accident. For a board that frowns upon asking what members due to be able to afford their lifestyle it seems a little bit disingenuous to speculate as to how she can afford it. There are a ton of possibilities that don't revolve around financial impropriety with running a non-profit.

Thanks for the merge Hannibel, it was not her car, it was Sam's car. She however was driving.

Come on guys lets not speculate on how/why she came in to possession of a Lambo. She killed herself and a friend and injured others in a horrible accident. For a board that frowns upon asking what members due to be able to afford their lifestyle it seems a little bit disingenuous to speculate as to how she can afford it. There are a ton of possibilities that don't revolve around financial impropriety with running a non-profit.

:iamwithstupid:

Rest In Peace.

Very sad that without knowing anything about Her people are accusing Tiffany of being a money grabber. The car was sams, he just let her drive it that day. Horrible tragedy that happened to someone who dedicated her entire life to helping the Guatemalan people.

:iamwithstupid:

Rest In Peace.

I work with Tiffany at a company that has nothing to do with her family's non- profit.

She was a great person. Sam's parents also dead in a car crash so years ago and left him well off. He owned several exotic cars one of which Tiffany was driving. Her everyday car was a high end Audi give to her by Sam.

Please keep her name clean, as she was a great person that will be missed.

Thanks

I work with Tiffany at a company that has nothing to do with her family's non- profit.

She was a great person. Sam's parents also dead in a car crash so years ago and left him well off. He owned several exotic cars one of which Tiffany was driving. Her everyday car was a high end Audi give to her by Sam.

Thanks

I am new to this forum so I apologize for any misplaced quotes etc!!

Thanks

I am new to this forum so I apologize for any misplaced quotes etc!!

Thanks

No worries and sorry for the loss of your friends.

THE LAMBO WASN'T HERS!! Just wanted to let you know that Tiffany was the real deal Christian. Sam was a family friend who inherited money because his parents were in a crash. The Beene Family are an amazing bunch who have dedicated themselves to the poor. There's a lot of corruption out there with money but there are truly some legit people...she was one of them. Thanks and God Bless.

THE LAMBO WASN'T HERS!! Just wanted to let you know that Tiffany was the real deal Christian. Sam was a family friend who inherited money because his parents were in a crash. The Beene Family are an amazing bunch who have dedicated themselves to the poor. There's a lot of corruption out there with money but there are truly some legit people...she was one of them. Thanks and God Bless.

Thanks for shedding some light on the accident. You can see with the details given in the article why I and others came to the conclusion we did.

My apologies for my knee-jerk reaction comment above. The situation seemed suspicious at first glance but I should have reserved judgement until I knew more. My thoughts are with the families affected. Tiffany was my age when she was killed which hits home even harder. May she RIP.

They were good friends of a buddy of mine and he says nothing but fantastic things about both of them.

Thanks

I am very sorry to hear about your friends passing.

They were good friends of a buddy of mine and he says nothing but fantastic things about both of them.

Very sad. Rest In Peace.