Stock Mclaren Mp4 Vbox Times

VBUGKING

Well after doing a Vbox run in my 570TT the other day, and all the talk lately about which is faster between the MP4 and Aventador, I decided to go out and do a couple of 60-130mph runs in my Mclaren. I don't know if there has been any 60-130mph data from an Aventador yet, but at least we will have something for an updated Mclaren. I do think the Aventador will have a hard time beating the time I put down, and I am not sure if there is a real stock production car (under 500k) out there that has (or can) put down a faster time. Weather wasn't that great, humid and cloudy, and about 55 degrees. Each time I slowed to around 50mph and then just mashed the gas and let the car kick down and then do all the shifting. This car is rock solid at high speeds. My car only has 4xx miles on it, so its pretty new. A/C was on, although it may or may not have been doing anything since it wasn't hot outside. Handling was in sport and power-train was in track mode. Both runs were very close, 6 one hundredths of a second different. Best run was 6.68 seconds, graph is below.

post-6539-1360777149_thumb.png

That is ridiculous fast for a stock car at that price point. I would be surprised if the Aventador was faster as well. Very impressive.

1) You know the car has an amazing tranny when you look at that graph and have no idea where/when the shifts took place even after analyzing the G data

2) You know the car is a BAMF when it goes 6.68 seconds on a completely flat road with the A/C on, bone stock!

3) I want one.. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice runs man, great car!!

very impressive, I have to say, I rode in an updated MP4 for a few blasts and it didn't feel like a sub 7 car.... that's what my FGT does and it feels much faster than the MP4.... I think the Aventador can do similar...

Obviously you can't go based on "feel." A stock MP4-12C will run the trap speed that your Ford GT does (if not faster). Considering the climate and the AC on, seems like there may be a "few" hundreths left in the car as well :)

A stock Aventador does 60-130 mph in 7.5 seconds

I'm not sure if I am allowed to link to 6speedonline, but it is listed there in the official 60 130 mph thread

Obviously you can't go based on "feel." A stock MP4-12C will run the trap speed that your Ford GT does (if not faster). Considering the climate and the AC on, seems like there may be a "few" hundreths left in the car as well :)

I'm not sure if I am allowed to link to 6speedonline, but it is listed there in the official 60 130 mph thread

I am one to fully appreciate and praise the top notch engineering in the McLaren, but to say the Aventador is a 7.5 car based on the 6-speed list of 60-130 is a little foolish. There are so many cars on there with times that make no sense it's comical.

Also, if you want to compare apples to apples, then both cars need to be tested on the same day, on the same road, in the same conditions, with the same driver.

very impressive!

at half the price it out handles and out performs the king lambo. looks is a different story lol

my car will come back from Philly with another 50-75hp! cant freakin wait!

sure I can, I just did.....

never seen an MP4 trap 132+ MPH in the real world.... let's see it...

Aaron, post up the dbn file and I'll overlay the two G forces to see how they pull against each other... I think the equalizer here is the shifting...

Great run VBOXKING, it would've been interesting to see Aventador VBOX data to compare but I guess you did not have a chance to do that while you had yours.

I am one to fully appreciate and praise the top notch engineering in the McLaren, but to say the Aventador is a 7.5 car based on the 6-speed list of 60-130 is a little foolish. There are so many cars on there with times that make no sense it's comical.

Also, if you want to compare apples to apples, then both cars need to be tested on the same day, on the same road, in the same conditions, with the same driver.

:iamwithstupid:

I now see where accelerator's vast amount of data and intimate knowledge comes from, 6speedonline.

I have zero issues with anyone posting opinions but if you don't have first hand experience I find it hard to assign credibility to your claims, for the sake of these discussions it would be nice to hear what your first hand experiences are in relation to the cars you are criticizing, MP4, Aventador, etc.

I've ridden in both. But obviously there are no other figures posted for the Aventador's 60-130 mph. The poster that had that time put up on 6speedonline claims to have gotten the figures from magazines. I believe the Aventador to be a 7 flat car. But the original MP4-12C has done 7 second runs at serious altitude.

Of course shifting plays a huge role in how quick these cars are. Shifting a manual already is time lost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IlHPSaNT9Y

This is a non-upgraded car and it's on a particularly crap track.

VBOXKING is owning his name!! :icon_thumleft: Great run! Great car!!

Thanks bud, hopefully someone can go out and get a real 60-130mph time in their Aventador for comparison.

Crazy to me to compare that time with the 570TT considering the McLaren is incredibly fast and the TT was 2+ seconds faster. Wow!

Yeah, in any event the MP4 is impressively fast stock.

That is ridiculous fast for a stock car at that price point. I would be surprised if the Aventador was faster as well. Very impressive.

Thanks! I am interested to see what the Aventador would do on a dedicated run.

1) You know the car has an amazing tranny when you look at that graph and have no idea where/when the shifts took place even after analyzing the G data

2) You know the car is a BAMF when it goes 6.68 seconds on a completely flat road with the A/C on, bone stock!

3) I want one.. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice runs man, great car!!

Thanks Fadi. I might be able to pull out some tricks to make it run a bit faster, but I am not sure I need to haha.

Thanks bud, hopefully someone can go out and get a real 60-130mph time in their Aventador for comparison.

I don't even know how to use a Vbox :shock:

very impressive, I have to say, I rode in an updated MP4 for a few blasts and it didn't feel like a sub 7 car.... that's what my FGT does and it feels much faster than the MP4.... I think the Aventador can do similar...

sure I can, I just did.....

never seen an MP4 trap 132+ MPH in the real world.... let's see it...

Aaron, post up the dbn file and I'll overlay the two G forces to see how they pull against each other... I think the equalizer here is the shifting...

Well I just proved it is a deep sub 7 sec car. We will have to see what an Aventador runs. If you want to email me your DBN file, I will take a look and compare them.

Great data! I've been missing these kind of technical updates. Way to bring the facts to us Lambopower folk :icon_super:

I agree that the Aventador will run faster (at least with me driving it) than 7.5 seconds. That number was taken probably from a non dedicated run, which makes it invalid. Fadi, getting 2 cars together at the same time in the same place probably wont happen (until I get my Roadster!).

very impressive!

at half the price it out handles and out performs the king lambo. looks is a different story lol

my car will come back from Philly with another 50-75hp! cant freakin wait!

Thanks man, are you having yours tuned by someone? Another 50-75hp will be awesome!

Great run VBOXKING, it would've been interesting to see Aventador VBOX data to compare but I guess you did not have a chance to do that while you had yours.

Thanks, I never really got around to running my Aventador, now I wish I had, but I think a more broken in Aventador would be a better indicator.

No way an Aventador does 7.5.. stock SLR did 7.2.. id guess the Aventafor at 6.9..

Yeah, it will be interesting to see. I dont think it will beat 6.68 though.

Great data! I've been missing these kind of technical updates. Way to bring the facts to us Lambopower folk :icon_super:

Thanks for that. Now we just need someone to get out and do a run or 2 in their Aventador!