Armytrix LP560 Titanium Exhaust System - It's here!

UH-Matt

I have had my LP560 for nearly a year now and its time to begin a few subtle modifications - starting with the exhaust system as the car is far to quiet right now!

I started to look around a couple of months ago assessing the usual options such as Capristo or Larini but nothing was quite right for me. I also talked to US owners and companies and considered the Fabspeed system. I then stumbled across ARMYTRIX as they did the exhaust on the crazy Liberty Walk blue 458. Having seen a few videos and spoken to Brian at Armytrix this system seems to be the one for me. Very loud, very light weight, extremely high quality and with a switchable valve system to turn the car noise down so as not to annoy the neighbours!

I ordered last week and a few days later it is here...

armytrix01.jpg

The system looks amazing:

armytrix02.jpg

Very high quality welding:

armytrix03.jpg

Larger diameter pipe work which is suppose to enjoy a 24HP gain (will test!):

armytrix04.jpg

Stock system weighs 31KG and this titanium system just 8.9KG.

Remote control system to adjust the noise between 3 levels (on/off/auto):

armytrix05.jpg

armytrix06.jpg

armytrix07.jpg

So that's the system as it stands delivered to me today! I have the car booked in with the fantastic guys at SB race engineering on Friday to install the system.

I intend to next update with pictures and videos of the install, and the first run of the car with the system installed!

Very excited!

those welds are really nicely polished. craftsmanship alone is amazing. i haven't heard how the system sounds. i hear from people it is at par with IPE which is a great system itself.

these taiwanese companies really know how to do it right. exotic car market in china has fueled these companies and they are making a great stride in US against the established players.

thanks for the replies - can't wait to get it fitted on Friday and see how it sounds - will do plenty of Videos.

I've had a number of exausts (RSC, Capristo etc) and the quality of this one is really something special, so I hope the sound is good. Even the design of the remote fobs and electronics, the casing all in the shape of their logo rather than just generic - they seem to really be trying to take it all to the next level.

I really like the idea of valve exhaust, a perfect mix of subtle(ish) and wild at the push of a button without the loss of power associated with the normal "cut out systems" of days past.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds too!

Matt,

It's been a few days, we all know you're not working, so let's have it... Bring on the videos! See you in Miami in June ?

-Steven

Matt,

It's been a few days, we all know you're not working, so let's have it... Bring on the videos! See you in Miami in June ?

-Steven

It's being fitted right now :)

Heavy rain outside so I don't yet have video, but got back from fitting the Armytrix system and it is something very special.

Very low down the rev range it is probably a little quieter than RSC or Capristo, but anything over 3.5k rpm and this thing begins to scream with such character. It is loud. Towards the red line it is SCREAMING and just sounds fantastic.

The system fitted perfectly, the remote valves are very useful, but I think it deserves to be on the loudest setting at all times!

I'm hoping to get some good videos tomorrow, or Monday depending on the weather so watch out for updates.

Here is the first video from the day it was fitted guys:

More to follow soon as we did a lot of footage yesterday including some tunnels and such.

Beast of an exhaust system and the titanium now its been heated through has gone a really cool colour as well!

So noticing that with most exhaust sound vids there is a lot of backfire noise when decelerating or reving engine. This exhaust sounds clean without all the little backfires on deceleration. Always thought that was a fuel mixture problem. You have your ECU done to match the exhaust. Sounds really clean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...