Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 Aventador LP700-4 roadster
VCR
post Aug 25 2015, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 3,591

Ok, I’ve had the roadster for over 6 months now but as aforesaid it’s been a busy year for me. So I had hardly touched the car other than a short drive here & there. Well, summer is almost over and before the weather turns foul, I finally decided put things aside and take the car out for a good long drive. So cometh my impression on a 2015 Aventador roadster. It may be a bit late to some especially when the SV is now in the spot light but I suppose better late than never. Btw, I did owned a 2013 Aventador coupe for about 10months so I can make some fair comparisons.

Exterior: Lamborghini rewrote the rules and raised the bar substantially on this one. I had some minor reservations on the coupe initially especially in the launch colour of Arancio Argos. The nose with the pointy tips at each side, added by the orange-red colour, reminded me of some crustacean creatures from the sea with pincers! And I was not entirely sold on the twin-domed bulbous roof. As time progressed and with the roadster, those negatives had changed. To be fair, the colour Blu Nethuns played a primary role; but the removable roof panels, the restyled engine cover and the Dione wheels simply made everything “right”. BN, with its different hue and depth, highlighted each panel on the car perfectly. The exterior carbon fibre package obviously augmented the highlights. The removable CF roof panels are easily removable and how they are securely stored in the front trunk are simply ingenious. When I ordered titanium Dione wheels, I was not aware that they were matte finished, so it was a very nice surprise when the car arrived. It worked harmoniously with the silver calipers, the CCB graphite-colour discs and, of course, the black tires. A quick swap from the gold Lambo shield logo wheel caps with the silver 50th anniversary caps perfected the package. Some may recall that I griped about Lamborghini not having “active” rear side-markers in clear (i.e. red LED’s inside clear/white lens) because Europe doesn’t require rear/red side-markers. Well, I solved that by ordering a set of passive white/clear side-markers and swap the innards with the OEM red ones. It wasn’t as easy as it sounds but I got it done and it functions perfectly. As previously stated in my LP570-4 review, I still think Lamborghini should do their sideway “Y” pattern rear blinkers in a progressive Y YY YYY pattern. Evidently the modern Mustangs have brought back that blinking pattern of yesteryear, so that says something. Lamborghini should really look into a proper way to mount the front license plate. A bracket is available but that looks rather flimsy. North America being Lambo’s largest market, they really should have some well-thought hardware to mount our license plates. Overall though, the styling is definitely a winner without the slightest of doubt. As a side note, I may be the minority here but I like the originally styling more than the 50th Anniversary car and the new SV. The original design, IMO, is just more pure and is devoid of any add-ons or excessive protrusions, fins, wings etc…; in a way how some like the original LP400 Countach pure styling. I kind of like the revised new nose on the 50th but I dislike that it is all black and none of the components is in carbon fibre. I am not a fan of the back though and, again, especially when it’s all black only. As to the SV, well, perhaps Lambo agrees with me on the all black styling being a negative as they now added a “bar” in matching body colour for both front and back. But the same bar is also giving a frowning look on the car. Again, I like the front but I dislike the back; the wing simply looks weird at some angle. The matte CF is a nice touch but; perhaps I am old school; I like the flow of the lines on the original style better. And, as aforesaid, I simply dislike the “naked” quad-exhaust tips on the SV. The large matte silver surround piece is so much better-looking. Lambo should at least ceramic-coats the tips so all look uniform.

Interior: Without the slightest of doubt, it is a quantum leap from the archaic Murci/LP6x0 series. The seats are comfortable and multi-adjustable complete with inflatable back and lumbar support. And the driving position is fine with minimal angle off-set. Don’t expect good outward vision; it is a Lamborghini after all and, as a roadster, they had done away with the side aft windows. What they did away, they added a third power window: a tiny one above the firewall between the passenger cell and the engine bay. That is a nice touch. The Ad Personam program offered a plethora of combinations on leather and Alcantara and contrast stitching which is welcoming. Again, CF highlight augmented the interior nicely. But the factory option should be able to offer more. Shift paddles, steering wheel spokes, map light and the narrow strip that runs the majority of the horizontal upper dash just to name a few. Modern cars have one common problem: too many functions offered on the centre dash. The large screen in the middle suggests --- albeit wrongly --- that it is touch-screen controllable but instead it relies on a rotary dial plus one button at each of the four corners. And, frankly, I think the centre console is way too big of a piece and borderline encroaching onto the right leg of the driver. I think the “R” and “M” buttons, being vital for vehicle operations, should be placed higher up nearer the centre screen. The ignition button is cool and a nice touch; but the cover on it gets old quite fast and it honestly doesn’t serve any real purpose. The driving mode selector, IMO, is stupid: why have 2 buttons at each end sandwiching the display in 3 modes (5-space)? Since the modes cycle accordingly anyway, why not have 1 button only (thus having 4-space)? Better yet, make the mode display as buttons themselves and pressing each activates the corresponding driving mode respectively (3-space). Or how about a simple rotary dial with 3 “clicks” instead? As to the main dash/display, the TFT is quite nice but I prefer the old-school real gauges. I never believe in car stereo and this one is no exception. My coupe had the Sensonum stereo upgrade but not this roadster. The difference is merely a more powerful amp and the sound is not a far leap better. The LED interior light is a nice touch even though the overhead map light panel is identical to that of the Audi TT! But why stop there? How come the lights on the vanity mirrors and the glove box are still old fashion light bulb instead of LED? After all, the Audi TT moved to LED on those areas already! And the one thing that baffles me for its lack of styling is the rear-view mirror. To begin with, it’s elliptically shaped which doesn’t seem to run in line with the sharp geometric shapes in many areas of the car. Why not shape it as an upside-down trapezoid --- just like the tiny rear-view window behind? Or perhaps let’s get creative and on theme with the motif of the current Lamborghini design: shape it in a hexagon; or something resembling that. On a completely different note, I do like the beveled edge on the side windows. It seems that I am rather dissatisfied with the interior. But that isn’t really the case as it appears fairly well-executed in an overall sense. But it definitely have room for improvements. Perhaps it’s a bit over-animated with all those TFT display rather than actual gauges. But I suppose all modern cars are heading towards the “glass cockpit” direction.

Drive: Well, it is Lamborghini’s V12 flagship after all. So it better be good and it is good. It’s blindingly fast but it’s also easy to drive; and that’s a plus and a minus. Perhaps it’s too easy. I know this isn’t the first time I say this on all my modern Lamborghini reviews. I suppose times have changed and more cars need to be sold to satisfy corporate so the car must be as user-friendly as possible. There is hardly any challenge at all to extrapolate most of the car’s performance. And if the driver wants to push to the limit, the car’s electronics then intervene. One definitely feels safe driving the car even in Corsa mode. As the old saying goes: modern Lambo no longer wants to kill its driver if he doesn’t give it respect. Again, that’s a plus and a minus subject to one’s perspective. It is a big vehicle so while it may have more power from its V12, it isn’t as agile as the Gallardo/LP5x0 series and the Huracan. The good thing is compared to the 2013 coupe, there is hardly any noticeable difference on the roadster as far as rigidity is concerned. In fact, the 2015 car seems a tad more relaxed and less twitchy than the 2013 car. The e-Gear transmission actually works well in auto mode but who would actually use that except perhaps being stuck in traffic. The steering is a bit too light at times and the car is so well isolated that it’s almost anti-climactic. Also as afore-said, I am not a fan of the glass cockpit. The factory exhaust upgrade helps the auditory sense: it does nothing at Strata mode but it wakes up at Sport and Corsa modes. Removing the top changes little from the car’s dynamics and that’s quite good. Wind noise is not an issue. The wind deflector, while not complicated at all, does take some time to install. I have yet to see anyone, myself included, put it on though. The two things which everyone would love to hate are the “Start/Stop” and the transmission defaults in “Auto” mode. Every time the car is turned off, it restarts with Start/Stop and auto mode activated; that means 2 buttons need to be pressed every time in order to deactivate them! Why not give us a choice in the setup menu to defeat the two for good until called for again? In Strata mode, the car, IMO, drives more like a GT than a sports car. Aside from the compromised outward vision, it really doesn’t feel too different from a Mercedes SL or a BMW M-convertible. The “bull factor” is awaken in Sports mode where the exhaust is louder and the shifting a bit faster and a bit more abrupt; faster & more abrupt still when switched to Corsa mode. The steering in any mode is a bit light to my preference. I have not driven the SV so I don’t know how the roadster compares to the SV’s magneto shocks and dynamic steering. Overall, this roadster is a good drive. But for extremely spirited driving, to be absolutely frank, I think the Huracan, especially when its Superleggera version comes out, would be a more engaging drive because it is, to me, a more fitting size for that type of driving. But the flagship bull definitely commands more presence and had even more power. So to each its own then. This Aventador roadster is without the slightest of doubt a head-turner with performance to match and certainly lives up to being in the flagship series. It is more of a car for use on regular roads than for track and special purposes.

Thoughts and Conclusions: Some may ask: what about a SV or SV roadster? Is an “upgrade” in consideration or in the works? Well, while never say never (except for the SV coupe as it is sold out so a new one won’t be happening); I don’t have much interest at this point. Again, I may be in the minority as, in my particular case, I have an appropriate personal rationale. If I have one Lamborghini, then a SV coupe would be the ideal choice. But I have a LP670-4SV and a Diablo 6.0. The 670SV feels raw and extreme; it definitely will bite back if you don’t treat it with respect. The 6.0, being the heaviest of the herd and having the least electronic nannies, is likely the most temperamental bull; but, in all honesty, I like the feel of it the most. Everything is so “mechanical”, direct and to the point without any fluff. It simply feels like I am directly wired to the car. So both the 670SV & the 6.0 already give me plenty of visceral driving experience. V-max is not important as, unfortunately, I am neither in autobahn nor outback countries. Regardless of how advance or high-tech E-gear is, it lacks direct linkage; there is just something in between the driver and the car. The Aventador is so well padded and insulated that you are literally wrapped in comfort. Some will counter that the SV would address all that and bring back that rawness. Indeed as when I looked at a SV coupe up close, the lack of insulation and padding, the aluminum/composite flooring along with the sports seats already convey the car being hardcore --- perhaps literally. I like the centre-locking wheel hub but I am not a fan of the Dianthus wheel. The 750SV is a model for special purposes and usage. I already have those from my other bulls so a 750SV seems rather futile to me at the moment. And by now, some of you may have figured out the purpose of this roadster for my use. This is my “comfort” bull of the bunch. The 6.0 is for the full interaction and involvement; the 670SV for the rawness and the edginess; the roadster is for travelling in style but at a very fast pace if and when needed. Consider its Blu Nethuns exterior with the titanium wheels; its leather/Alcantara interior with BN contrast stitching; and the abundance of carbon fibre. A lot of efforts were spent to ensure the visual impact of this car. Moreover, it’s still an extremely fast car if it needs to be so. But despite being the fastest, it would be the so-called docile one within the group. Why would I get a roadster instead of a coupe if I had hardcore in mind? If I would order a 750SV roadster, it would complement my LP700 roadster rather than replacing it. The 750SV roadster would serve as the 700roadster’s evil twin brother. But at this point, it seems somewhat redundant for my purpose and need. Judging on how Lamborghini played out the Gallardo/LP5x0 series, I believe an even more extreme version will come along and I would more likely wait for that car. And I would confess that I am not going to take any of these cars to track because (a) these cars weren’t really built for track use and (b ) where I am at, we really don’t have a proper venue for track. If I were to choose a Lamborghini for track, it most likely would be a Huracan series because I consider that as a more ideal choice; particularly size-wise. So in conclusion, this Aventador roadster is serving me well for what I intended it to be. As such, I am quite happy and satisfied. IMO, there is still plenty of life left for the Aventador series so there ought to be more variants to come along. There would be plenty more choices in the next few years.

And to answer some of your kind requests, here are some new photos. post-5-1301012070.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DSC03957.JPG ( 683.56K ) Number of downloads: 66
Attached File  DSC03962.JPG ( 806.45K ) Number of downloads: 71
Attached File  DSC03963.JPG ( 814.22K ) Number of downloads: 68
Attached File  DSC03972.JPG ( 568.25K ) Number of downloads: 72
Attached File  DSC03975.JPG ( 758.44K ) Number of downloads: 66
Attached File  DSC03976.JPG ( 861.42K ) Number of downloads: 76
Attached File  DSC03977.JPG ( 732.9K ) Number of downloads: 61
Attached File  DSC03978.JPG ( 614.12K ) Number of downloads: 60
Attached File  DSC03984.JPG ( 611.3K ) Number of downloads: 70
Attached File  DSC03990.JPG ( 955.72K ) Number of downloads: 78
Attached File  DSC03992.JPG ( 564.3K ) Number of downloads: 70
Attached File  DSC03994.JPG ( 627.64K ) Number of downloads: 69
Attached File  DSC04001.JPG ( 812.07K ) Number of downloads: 51
Attached File  DSC04023.JPG ( 779.01K ) Number of downloads: 75
Attached File  DSC04025.JPG ( 772.58K ) Number of downloads: 63
Attached File  DSC04034.JPG ( 713.15K ) Number of downloads: 76

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chipster
post Aug 25 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 3,902

Jeez, that interior is hot. Nice writeup. Gorgeous!

--------------------

05 Gallardo - 6 speed, Arancio Borealis, Tubi exhaust, SL wing, 560 bumper
15 Toyota Tundra Platinum -7" BDS, FUEL wheels and 37s, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP
67 Cadillac DeVille Coupe, custom, bagged, glass packs, white walls
66 Ford Mustang Coupe - Restomod PROJECT
13 Harley Road Glide Custom - 30" wheel, stretched bags, air ride - SOLD
07 Suzuki Hayabusa - 330mm rear, lowered, Eclipse wheels - SOLD
91 Diablo - 19/19" Work VS - SP Eng Intakes - Fabspeed - SOLD
+Quote Post
AudiBull
post Aug 25 2015, 04:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 145,816

Great write up VCR. I think I've been hanging around here too long, because your logic and rationale for using three V12 Bulls for three distinct purposes actually made sense. lol.gif

I can say that the spec on this car is nigh on perfect. Everything is balanced and nothing looks remotely out of place. You will be hard pressed to find it's equal when the time comes. Not a bad problem to have. Thanks for the pics and enjoy the rest of the nice weather while it lasts!
+Quote Post
speed2
post Aug 25 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (VCR @ Aug 25 2015, 07:40 PM) *
Ok, I’ve had the roadster for over 6 months now but as aforesaid it’s been a busy year for me. So I had hardly touched the car other than a short drive here & there. Well, summer is almost over and before the weather turns foul, I finally decided put things aside and take the car out for a good long drive. So cometh my impression on a 2015 Aventador roadster. It may be a bit late to some especially when the SV is now in the spot light but I suppose better late than never. Btw, I did owned a 2013 Aventador coupe for about 10months so I can make some fair comparisons.

Exterior: Lamborghini rewrote the rules and raised the bar substantially on this one. I had some minor reservations on the coupe initially especially in the launch colour of Arancio Argos. The nose with the pointy tips at each side, added by the orange-red colour, reminded me of some crustacean creatures from the sea with pincers! And I was not entirely sold on the twin-domed bulbous roof. As time progressed and with the roadster, those negatives had changed. To be fair, the colour Blu Nethuns played a primary role; but the removable roof panels, the restyled engine cover and the Dione wheels simply made everything “right”. BN, with its different hue and depth, highlighted each panel on the car perfectly. The exterior carbon fibre package obviously augmented the highlights. The removable CF roof panels are easily removable and how they are securely stored in the front trunk are simply ingenious. When I ordered titanium Dione wheels, I was not aware that they were matte finished, so it was a very nice surprise when the car arrived. It worked harmoniously with the silver calipers, the CCB graphite-colour discs and, of course, the black tires. A quick swap from the gold Lambo shield logo wheel caps with the silver 50th anniversary caps perfected the package. Some may recall that I griped about Lamborghini not having “active” rear side-markers in clear (i.e. red LED’s inside clear/white lens) because Europe doesn’t require rear/red side-markers. Well, I solved that by ordering a set of passive white/clear side-markers and swap the innards with the OEM red ones. It wasn’t as easy as it sounds but I got it done and it functions perfectly. As previously stated in my LP570-4 review, I still think Lamborghini should do their sideway “Y” pattern rear blinkers in a progressive Y YY YYY pattern. Evidently the modern Mustangs have brought back that blinking pattern of yesteryear, so that says something. Lamborghini should really look into a proper way to mount the front license plate. A bracket is available but that looks rather flimsy. North America being Lambo’s largest market, they really should have some well-thought hardware to mount our license plates. Overall though, the styling is definitely a winner without the slightest of doubt. As a side note, I may be the minority here but I like the originally styling more than the 50th Anniversary car and the new SV. The original design, IMO, is just more pure and is devoid of any add-ons or excessive protrusions, fins, wings etc…; in a way how some like the original LP400 Countach pure styling. I kind of like the revised new nose on the 50th but I dislike that it is all black and none of the components is in carbon fibre. I am not a fan of the back though and, again, especially when it’s all black only. As to the SV, well, perhaps Lambo agrees with me on the all black styling being a negative as they now added a “bar” in matching body colour for both front and back. But the same bar is also giving a frowning look on the car. Again, I like the front but I dislike the back; the wing simply looks weird at some angle. The matte CF is a nice touch but; perhaps I am old school; I like the flow of the lines on the original style better. And, as aforesaid, I simply dislike the “naked” quad-exhaust tips on the SV. The large matte silver surround piece is so much better-looking. Lambo should at least ceramic-coats the tips so all look uniform.

Interior: Without the slightest of doubt, it is a quantum leap from the archaic Murci/LP6x0 series. The seats are comfortable and multi-adjustable complete with inflatable back and lumbar support. And the driving position is fine with minimal angle off-set. Don’t expect good outward vision; it is a Lamborghini after all and, as a roadster, they had done away with the side aft windows. What they did away, they added a third power window: a tiny one above the firewall between the passenger cell and the engine bay. That is a nice touch. The Ad Personam program offered a plethora of combinations on leather and Alcantara and contrast stitching which is welcoming. Again, CF highlight augmented the interior nicely. But the factory option should be able to offer more. Shift paddles, steering wheel spokes, map light and the narrow strip that runs the majority of the horizontal upper dash just to name a few. Modern cars have one common problem: too many functions offered on the centre dash. The large screen in the middle suggests --- albeit wrongly --- that it is touch-screen controllable but instead it relies on a rotary dial plus one button at each of the four corners. And, frankly, I think the centre console is way too big of a piece and borderline encroaching onto the right leg of the driver. I think the “R” and “M” buttons, being vital for vehicle operations, should be placed higher up nearer the centre screen. The ignition button is cool and a nice touch; but the cover on it gets old quite fast and it honestly doesn’t serve any real purpose. The driving mode selector, IMO, is stupid: why have 2 buttons at each end sandwiching the display in 3 modes (5-space)? Since the modes cycle accordingly anyway, why not have 1 button only (thus having 4-space)? Better yet, make the mode display as buttons themselves and pressing each activates the corresponding driving mode respectively (3-space). Or how about a simple rotary dial with 3 “clicks” instead? As to the main dash/display, the TFT is quite nice but I prefer the old-school real gauges. I never believe in car stereo and this one is no exception. My coupe had the Sensonum stereo upgrade but not this roadster. The difference is merely a more powerful amp and the sound is not a far leap better. The LED interior light is a nice touch even though the overhead map light panel is identical to that of the Audi TT! But why stop there? How come the lights on the vanity mirrors and the glove box are still old fashion light bulb instead of LED? After all, the Audi TT moved to LED on those areas already! And the one thing that baffles me for its lack of styling is the rear-view mirror. To begin with, it’s elliptically shaped which doesn’t seem to run in line with the sharp geometric shapes in many areas of the car. Why not shape it as an upside-down trapezoid --- just like the tiny rear-view window behind? Or perhaps let’s get creative and on theme with the motif of the current Lamborghini design: shape it in a hexagon; or something resembling that. On a completely different note, I do like the beveled edge on the side windows. It seems that I am rather dissatisfied with the interior. But that isn’t really the case as it appears fairly well-executed in an overall sense. But it definitely have room for improvements. Perhaps it’s a bit over-animated with all those TFT display rather than actual gauges. But I suppose all modern cars are heading towards the “glass cockpit” direction.

Drive: Well, it is Lamborghini’s V12 flagship after all. So it better be good and it is good. It’s blindingly fast but it’s also easy to drive; and that’s a plus and a minus. Perhaps it’s too easy. I know this isn’t the first time I say this on all my modern Lamborghini reviews. I suppose times have changed and more cars need to be sold to satisfy corporate so the car must be as user-friendly as possible. There is hardly any challenge at all to extrapolate most of the car’s performance. And if the driver wants to push to the limit, the car’s electronics then intervene. One definitely feels safe driving the car even in Corsa mode. As the old saying goes: modern Lambo no longer wants to kill its driver if he doesn’t give it respect. Again, that’s a plus and a minus subject to one’s perspective. It is a big vehicle so while it may have more power from its V12, it isn’t as agile as the Gallardo/LP5x0 series and the Huracan. The good thing is compared to the 2013 coupe, there is hardly any noticeable difference on the roadster as far as rigidity is concerned. In fact, the 2015 car seems a tad more relaxed and less twitchy than the 2013 car. The e-Gear transmission actually works work in auto mode but who would actually use that except perhaps being stuck in traffic. The steering is a bit too light at times and the car is so well isolated that it’s almost anti-climactic. Also as afore-said, I am not a fan of the glass cockpit. The factory exhaust upgrade helps the auditory sense: it does nothing at Strata mode but it wakes up at Sport and Corsa modes. Removing the top changes little from the car’s dynamics and that’s quite good. Wind noise is not an issue. The wind deflector, while not complicated at all, does take some time to install. I have yet to see anyone, myself included, put it on though. The two things which everyone would love to hate are the “Start/Stop” and the transmission defaults in “Auto” mode. Every time the car is turned off, it restarts with Start/Stop and auto mode activated; that means 2 buttons need to be pressed every time in order to deactivate them! Why not give us a choice in the setup menu to defeat the two for good until called for again? In Strata mode, the car, IMO, drives more like a GT than a sports car. Aside from the compromised outward vision, it really doesn’t feel too different from a Mercedes SL or a BMW M-convertible. The “bull factor” is awaken in Sports mode where the exhaust is louder and the shifting a bit faster and a bit more abrupt; faster & more abrupt still when switched to Corsa mode. The steering in any mode is a bit light to my preference. I have not driven the SV so I don’t know how the roadster compares to the SV’s magneto shocks and dynamic steering. Overall, this roadster is a good drive. But for extremely spirited driving, to be absolutely frank, I think the Huracan, especially when its Superleggera version comes out, would be a more engaging drive because it is, to me, a more fitting size for that type of driving. But the flagship bull definitely commands more presence and had even more power. So to each its own then. This Aventador roadster is without the slightest of doubt a head-turner with performance to match and certainly lives up to being in the flagship series. It is more of a car for use on regular roads than for track and special purposes.

Thoughts and Conclusions: Some may ask: what about a SV or SV roadster? Is an “upgrade” in consideration or in the works? Well, while never say never (except for the SV coupe as it is sold out so a new one won’t be happening); I don’t have much interest at this point. Again, I may be in the minority as, in my particular case, I have an appropriate personal rationale. If I have one Lamborghini, then a SV coupe would be the ideal choice. But I have a LP670-4SV and a Diablo 6.0. The 670SV feels raw and extreme; it definitely will bite back you don’t treat it with respect. The 6.0, being the heaviest of the herd and having the least electronic nannies, is likely the most temperamental bull; but, in all honesty, I like the feel of it the most. Everything is so “mechanical”, direct and to the point without any fluff. It simply feels like I am directly wired to the car. So both the 670SV & the 6.0 already give me plenty of visceral driving experience. V-max is not important as, unfortunately, I am neither in autobahn nor outback countries. Regardless of how advance or high-tech E-gear is, it lacks direct linkage; there is just something in between the driver and the car. The Aventador is so well padded and insulated that you are literally wrapped in comfort. Some will counter that the SV would address all that and bring back that rawness. Indeed as when I looked at a SV coupe up close, the lack of insulation and padding, the aluminum/composite flooring along with the sports seats already convey the car being hardcore --- perhaps literally. I like the centre-locking wheel hub but I am not a fan of the Dianthus wheel. The 750SV is a model for special purposes and usage. I already have those from my other bulls so a 750SV seems rather futile to me at the moment. And by now, some of you may have figured out the purpose of this roadster for my use. This is my “comfort” bull of the bunch. The 6.0 is for the full interaction and involvement; the 670SV for the rawness and the edginess; the roadster is for travelling in style but at a very fast pace if and when needed. Consider its Blu Nethuns exterior with the titanium wheels; its leather/Alcantara interior with BN contrast stitching; and the abundance of carbon fibre. A lot of efforts were spent to ensure the visual impact of this car. Moreover, it’s still an extremely fast car if it needs to be so. But despite being the fastest, it would be the so-called docile one within the group. Why would I get a roadster instead of a coupe if I had hardcore in mind? If I would order a 750SV roadster, it would complement my LP700 roadster rather than replacing it. The 750SV roadster would serve as the 700roadster’s evil twin brother. But at this point, it seems somewhat redundant for my purpose and need. Judging on how Lamborghini played out the Gallardo/LP5x0 series, I believe an even more extreme version will come along and I would more likely wait for that car. And I would confess that I am not going to take any of these cars to track because (a) these cars weren’t really built for track use and (cool.gif where I am at, we really don’t have a proper venue for track. If I were to choose a Lamborghini for track, it most likely would be a Huracan series because I consider that as a more ideal choice; particularly size-wise. So in conclusion, this Aventador roadster is serving me well for what I intended it to be. As such, I am quite happy and satisfied. IMO, there is still plenty of life left for the Aventador series so there ought to be more variants to come along. There would be plenty more choices in the next few years.

And to answer some of your kind requests, here are some new photos. post-5-1301012070.gif

I have a LP700 Roadster and agree with much of your opinion of the car. I also have a Huracan and, after driving it and the Lp700 on the track there is no doubt the smaller Huracan is the most fun. I still enjoy my Lp570 Gallardo Superleggera though. Yes its different from the Huracan that replaced it but I like that difference and it looks wild in its Rosso Efesto paint.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  LP700_R.jpg ( 511.74K ) Number of downloads: 49

+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Aug 25 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #5

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

More proof that Blu Nethuns is hands down the sexiest color out there icon_thumleft.gif Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do the write up!

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Aug 25 2015, 06:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,228

wow that is one of the nicest roadsters I've seen!
are those dione's titanium?

--------------------

(Yes, Life Insurance got me there)
+Quote Post
Tommy
post Aug 26 2015, 03:02 AM
Post #7

Cook
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 315

QUOTE (MAC-N-IT @ Aug 25 2015, 10:12 PM) *
wow that is one of the nicest roadsters I've seen!
are those dione's titanium?

QUOTE (VCR @ Aug 25 2015, 07:40 PM) *
When I ordered titanium Dione wheels, I was not aware that they were matte finished, so it was a very nice surprise when the car arrived.

Yet another top post and pics VCR! Thanks! icon_thumleft.gif

--------------------

I aming talked english well very.
+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Aug 26 2015, 04:48 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,228

QUOTE (Tommy @ Aug 26 2015, 03:02 AM) *
Yet another top post and pics VCR! Thanks! icon_thumleft.gif

iamwithstupid.gif and thanks!

--------------------

(Yes, Life Insurance got me there)
+Quote Post
HannibalACP82
post Aug 27 2015, 02:02 AM
Post #9

LP Cheerleader

Member No.: 24,965

Those pictures are amazing. Nicely done sir!

--------------------

QUOTE (TeamSalamone @ Sep 10 2014, 09:25 AM) *
"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Aug 27 2015, 02:58 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

Absolutely stunning car, as for the review in VCR's detriment icon_mrgreen.gif I tend not to make any significant toys/electronics purchases until I bother him for his expert opinions and one of his incredibly detailed reviews and the gentleman always obliges icon_super.gif
+Quote Post
ToofDoc
post Aug 27 2015, 08:38 AM
Post #11

Tooth Sniper

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 104,757

Awesome write up and even better collection of Bulls!

My dream pair would be:

LP670 & LP750 Roadster
+Quote Post
VBUGKING
post Sep 1 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #12

Group: Bugatti Boys
Member No.: 6,539

Great write up. Thanks for taking the time to do it. The bottom line is, the Aventador is just the coolest car on the planet outside of Hypercars. I think all the versions are great, and they all have their appeal. The best thing I ever did to mine was put on the Kreisseg exhaust, really upped the excitement factor for me, especially it being a roadster. I wish you many more happy miles in your blue beast!

--------------------

Instagram: Vbugking
+Quote Post
LA_Brit
post Sep 2 2015, 10:21 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 20,339

Great review.

Pretty much how i feel about the Aventador Vs older models.

--------------------

1989 Porsche IROC Backpoop
2015 i8
2016 Viper ACR 1 of Poop
2016 RR Sport PoopGreen
2017 Fiat 500e
+Quote Post
zack
post Sep 5 2015, 07:47 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,272

Beautiful car - inside & out!
+Quote Post
Kevin M.
post Nov 14 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 3,713

Wow stunning doesn't even describe it!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VCR
post Nov 15 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,591

Thank you very much everyone for the kind compliments.
+Quote Post
marlonbvm
post Dec 7 2015, 09:11 AM
Post #17

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 213,493

That color.... wowwwwww. Amazing
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 05:29 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag