IPB

X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creatures in your house.....what has surprised you?
ameer
post Jan 4 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #41

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 9,370

This is why I love temperate climates! No nasty stuff! Plus, nicer weather is always a good excuse to travel.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 4 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

QUOTE (ameer @ Jan 5 2017, 07:50 AM) *
This is why I love temperate climates! No nasty stuff! Plus, nicer weather is always a good excuse to travel.

It's really a non issue, I've never seen anything in my house or near my house which I thought it was going to kill me on the spot also it's a small price to pay for a continuous summer with perfect driving weather icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
ameer
post Jan 4 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 9,370

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 5 2017, 01:36 AM) *
It's really a non issue, I've never seen anything in my house or near my house which I thought it was going to kill me on the spot also it's a small price to pay for a continuous summer with perfect driving weather icon_mrgreen.gif

In the home of the deadliest snakes and spiders on the planet, perhaps you were lucky biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 5 2017, 05:41 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (ameer @ Jan 5 2017, 04:41 PM) *
In the home of the deadliest snakes and spiders on the planet, perhaps you were lucky biggrin.gif

I hate snakes with passion along with a bunch of other creepy crawlies but don't believe everything you see and read on the net or TV you'd be as safe as you would anywhere else on this planet icon_thumleft.gif

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fat...es_in_Australia

The estimated incidence of snakebites annually in Australia is between 3 and 18 per 100,000 with an average mortality rate of 0.03 per 100,000 per year.[4] Between 1979 and 1998 there were 53 deaths from snakes, according to data obtained from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.[5]

Between 1942 and 1950 there were 56 deaths from snakebite recorded in Australia. Of 28 deaths in the 1945-49 period, 18 occurred in Queensland, 6 in New South Wales, 3 in Western Australia and 1 in Tasmania.[6] A Queensland government occupational health publication[7] says that "Snakes are not usually aggressive and do not seek confrontation with humans but may retaliate if provoked. The important thing to remember is to never attempt to catch or kill a snake Ė most snake bites occur when people are trying to do this."

As for fatal bites from spiders the chances are even lower.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/12...alian-bushwalk/

+Quote Post
rmtn
post Jan 5 2017, 06:41 AM
Post #45

Photoshop Wizard

Member No.: 20,201

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 1 2017, 04:59 AM) *
Ohh how cute, you guys are scared of spiders icon_mrgreen.gif this was sitting in someone's backyard (not mine) New Year Eve, 3.5 meter long shock.gif

[attachment=134616:D6D287EA...9B55_tmp.png]

Can you train a crocodile to be house pet? You need to buid that Fortis moat. biggrin.gif

In Finland it seems that new worst animal in nature is tick. Those are small and jump from lawn and can carry nasty diseases.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 5 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

QUOTE (rmtn @ Jan 6 2017, 12:41 AM) *
Can you train a crocodile to be house pet? You need to buid that Fortis moat. biggrin.gif

In Finland it seems that new worst animal in nature is tick. Those are small and jump from lawn and can carry nasty diseases.

I am sure you could, you might need to get it braces icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
Irvin
post Jan 6 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 9,510

QUOTE(Fortis @ Dec 31 2016, 09:59 PM) *
Ohh how cute, you guys are scared of spiders icon_mrgreen.gif this was sitting in someone's backyard (not mine) New Year Eve, 3.5 meter long shock.gif

[attachment=134616:D6D287EA...9B55_tmp.png]

That's cute biggrin.gif

I haven't seen any gators in my house but see them in and around lakes all the time. We had a call from my sons' school that there was a gator roaming around the fence by the playground and that it was being removed.
+Quote Post
TestShoot
post Jan 9 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 15,154

rattlesnake
scorpion (lost track, he's probably dead under my couch)
owl (last month)
raccoon (he was my pet, that count?)
tarantula
wasp nest behind painting
black widow jamboree
brown recluses
one ginger with access to my guns

--------------------

In my owners book, page 2 congratulated me on owning best track car in world and page 3 warned me taking on track can void warranty!
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 9 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #49

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (TestShoot @ Jan 9 2017, 03:53 PM) *
black widow jamboree

Do you live in a rock music venue? lol.gif

I've had human children...do those count?

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company youíve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but itís really male. Usually, theyíre all self-made men Ė ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. Theyíre very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So itís also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work theyíre doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 10 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (TestShoot @ Jan 10 2017, 09:53 AM) *
rattlesnake
scorpion (lost track, he's probably dead under my couch)
owl (last month)
raccoon (he was my pet, that count?)
tarantula
wasp nest behind painting
black widow jamboree
brown recluses

lol.gif
+Quote Post
JK79
post Feb 28 2018, 05:55 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 9,308

NEVER VISITING AUSTRALIA!

I don't care how many beautiful women with sexy accents you have there, until you no longer have all of the most venomous species of creatures known to man, I am not stepping foot on that rock.
+Quote Post
TestShoot
post Feb 28 2018, 08:10 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

QUOTE (JK79 @ Feb 28 2018, 05:55 AM) *

I don't care how many beautiful women with sexy accents you have there, until you no longer have all of the most venomous species of creatures known to man, I am not stepping foot on that rock.

I sorta dated an aussie girl and she laughed at this, she says they are deadly, but terribly slow. She was more scared of what we have here.

--------------------

In my owners book, page 2 congratulated me on owning best track car in world and page 3 warned me taking on track can void warranty!
+Quote Post
JK79
post Feb 28 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (TestShoot @ Feb 28 2018, 09:10 AM) *
I sorta dated an aussie girl and she laughed at this, she says they are deadly, but terribly slow. She was more scared of what we have here.

The fact that they are slow offers me no comfort. When they start hiding in children's lunch boxes, it is time to set fire to the place. icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
TestShoot
post Feb 28 2018, 12:43 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

QUOTE (JK79 @ Feb 28 2018, 08:55 AM) *
The fact that they are slow offers me no comfort. When they start hiding in children's lunch boxes, it is time to set fire to the place. icon_mrgreen.gif
Maybe when it was a penal colony, the Brits thought the local wildlife would eat everyone?

Do you stomp on and shake out your shoes everyday? I mean, I had a recluse in my shoe once, and my foot got all kinds of f'd up. Since moving in the current house with 3x black widwows bites, the scorpions, snakes and tarantulas, it has me shaking out my shoes every morning. I take a shot of shoe deodorizer, take a look for anything moving, then I slip them on. I also do the same for my work gloves in my shed, and i use thick gloves to lift up garbage cans because of the time i barehand squished a potato bug that was hiding there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fortis
post Feb 28 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE (JK79 @ Feb 28 2018, 11:55 PM) *

Damn thatís scary but you will be fine, you donít go to school anymore therefore no lunch box for you LOL
+Quote Post
JK79
post Feb 28 2018, 01:13 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (TestShoot @ Feb 28 2018, 01:43 PM) *
Maybe when it was a penal colony, the Brits thought the local wildlife would eat everyone?

Do you stomp on and shake out your shoes everyday? I mean, I had a recluse in my shoe once, and my foot got all kinds of f'd up. Since moving in the current house with 3x black widwows bites, the scorpions, snakes and tarantulas, it has me shaking out my shoes every morning. I take a shot of shoe deodorizer, take a look for anything moving, then I slip them on. I also do the same for my work gloves in my shed, and i use thick gloves to lift up garbage cans because of the time i barehand squished a potato bug that was hiding there.

I keep all my normal shoes and boots inside where I have maybe seen 4-5 spiders in 4 years. I do always check my mowing shoes or yard work boots. Where I live, even in the summer time it can be in the 40s on a cool night so it isn't very buggy. I have to worry about bigger things like Bob Cats, Mtn Lions, and Bears.

QUOTE (Fortis @ Feb 28 2018, 01:44 PM) *
Damn thatís scary but you will be fine, you donít go to school anymore therefore no lunch box for you LOL

True, but I have a toddler that will have a lunch box in a couple years. Lunch box snakes are what nightmares are made of. lol.gif
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Feb 28 2018, 01:21 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

QUOTE (JK79 @ Mar 1 2018, 07:13 AM) *
True, but I have a toddler that will have a lunch box in a couple years. Lunch box snakes are what nightmares are made of. lol.gif

My kids would love them in their lunchboxes but my wife doesnít LOL

Attached File  1170D2C6_21D6_495D_9E25_656AFD64CA91.jpeg ( 35.51K ) Number of downloads: 0
+Quote Post
yellomurci
post Feb 28 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #58

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 11,289

QUOTE (TestShoot @ Feb 28 2018, 03:43 PM) *

Brown recluse spiders are the one thing that really scare me after seeing a person in Atlanta that got bitten on the leg and lost a bunch of her calf muscle.
The other spider that scares me is the one that lurks under the toilet seat, how nasty is that?
+Quote Post
Smash Boy
post Feb 28 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #59

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (Fortis @ Feb 28 2018, 03:44 PM) *

lol.gif
+Quote Post
rmtn
post Feb 28 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #60

Photoshop Wizard

Member No.: 20,201

-20įc. I have only seen a baby rabbit on the backyard few times last weeks.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 07:44 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag