Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drove the Mclaren 720S !
Allan-Herbie
post Dec 29 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

Quick and to the point..... HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT!!!!

--------------------

87 Countach QV
98 Diablo SV Monterey Edition
02 Murcielago
05 Carrera GT
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
murcivu
post Dec 29 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 10,001

QUOTE (Allan-Herbie @ Dec 29 2017, 07:31 PM) *
Quick and to the point..... HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT!!!!

Aside from speed...any other notable feedbacks?
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 29 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

I want the LT version of the 720S
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Dec 29 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Jedi Ninja

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 29 2017, 06:35 PM) *
I want the LT version of the 720S

iamwithstupid.gif Hopefully with an updated front icon_mrgreen.gif Though after the Senna suddenly the front is not their worst one they've made...

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Lambofan35
post Dec 29 2017, 08:06 PM
Post #5

Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 88,571

I drove another members 720s today and it was great. Very fast, very smooth,very smart. With the windows down you could hear the turbos and some excitement, with the windows up, its almost like being in a mercedes the wind noise is that much reduced. Car was very stable at high speeds. The looks are great in person. There is nothing that doesn't rock on this car. For the guys who want a really fast car from the factory, this is the ticket. Very nice car and the technology with the this car is amazing. Mclaren is coming very fast towards other supercars with this model. I only see great things from them in the future.

I am a bit biased and still like my TT Huracan that I also drove today. To be, a TT Lambo is like being on some kind of heart beating drug- its really loud and burbles a lot, obnoxious looking, stupid fast and is one of the most exciting cars out there in my humble opinion.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 29 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Supercar Ace @ Dec 30 2017, 01:05 PM) *
iamwithstupid.gif Hopefully with an updated front icon_mrgreen.gif Though after the Senna suddenly the front is not their worst one they've made...

I am warming up to their designs or it could be cataract, one of the two anyway,
+Quote Post
looney
post Dec 29 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,351

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 30 2017, 03:48 PM) *
I am warming up to their designs or it could be cataract, one of the two anyway,

I think you better get to the optometrist quick smart. Cataracts are bad news. Because you could not possibly think the front of a 720 looks good with perfect eyesight.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 29 2017, 11:42 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (looney @ Dec 30 2017, 04:46 PM) *
I think you better get to the optometrist quick smart. Cataracts are bad news. Because you could not possibly think the front of a 720 looks good with perfect eyesight.

The black car look good, the eye sockets disappeared, the only issue was that the radiators were visible and they were silver eusa_wall.gif
+Quote Post
Rawr
post Dec 30 2017, 03:51 AM
Post #9

Talent is Talent

Member No.: 11,867

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 30 2017, 08:42 AM) *
The black car look good, the eye sockets disappeared, the only issue was that the radiators were visible and they were silver eusa_wall.gif

Not bad!

--------------------

The Russians also bought the «Lamborghini of Emendator», the cost of which amounted to 17 million rubles.
+Quote Post
murcivu
post Dec 30 2017, 06:04 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 10,001

Black does look better with the eye socket disappearing. But if I'm paying $300k+, I do not want hear myself saying "not bad."
+Quote Post
Allan-Herbie
post Dec 30 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Honestly, in the right color it looks very good. Not as good as a Performante inmo but very good. And with some mods it could be insane. I drove a 675LT before and was unimpressed. The 720S blew my mind. Car is very comfortable. Easier to get in and out. I loved it. I look forward to Mclaren depreciation setting in.

--------------------

87 Countach QV
98 Diablo SV Monterey Edition
02 Murcielago
05 Carrera GT
+Quote Post
VCR
post Dec 30 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,591

Mac showcased the 720S in a very unique paint scheme (a gradation of dark cherry red to candy apple red in glossy metallic finish) at their VIP showroom in the Geneva show back in March. If that paint scheme cannot make the car looks good, nothing will and frankly, it didn't. I'll admit that if we look at certain parts of the car zoomed in, they all looked good. But the sum of its parts did not. It somewhat reminds me of those PShop pics that certain magazines did: they used eyes of a supermodel, the lips of another supermodel, the nose of a movie star etc... the idea being they picked the best-looking facial parts from some of the most beautiful women in the world to create the supposedly ultimate-looking woman and the results had always been disappointing; none ever looked good let alone being beautiful.

Drive-wise, I agree that it is comfortable; it is less quirky than the models before it (emphasis on the word "less" though as it's still somewhat quirky). It is undoubtedly fast, extremely fast in fact but it has no feel; at least to me. The sensation of speed is plenty but it still does not stir the soul. A super sports car that doesn't get me excited even after a spirited drive is not my idea of a fun car. That said, however, an used 720S on a $:performance ratio would likely be a great deal.
+Quote Post
looney
post Dec 30 2017, 11:57 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 7,351

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 30 2017, 05:42 PM) *

agreed,

black is the only colour i can stomach the car in.

and it's all due to the headlight's, everything else about it is perfectly fine.
+Quote Post
J_sta07
post Dec 31 2017, 01:32 AM
Post #14

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 215,686

QUOTE (looney @ Dec 30 2017, 11:57 PM) *
agreed,

black is the only colour i can stomach the car in.

and it's all due to the headlight's, everything else about it is perfectly fine.

Dark grey works as well. All the others are a mess I agree.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 31 2017, 07:21 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Maybe a tuner can offer a headlight mod
+Quote Post
LA_Brit
post Dec 31 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #16

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 20,339

Don't care how fast it is, that shit gets old. Would take many cars over this at $400k

--------------------

1989 Porsche IROC Backpoop
2015 i8
2016 Viper ACR 1 of Poop
2016 RR Sport PoopGreen
2017 Fiat 500e
+Quote Post
Griza
post Dec 31 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 3,774

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 31 2017, 10:21 AM) *
Maybe a tuner can offer a headlight mod

I would think just painting the eye sockets body color would help tremendously.

--------------------

miamirealestatemoguls.com
South Florida Luxury Real Estate
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Dec 31 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #18

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (Rawr @ Dec 30 2017, 03:51 AM) *
Not bad!

Fixed!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  McLaren_720s_Dubai_Bespoke_Edition_101_1_626x383.jpg ( 29.42K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 31 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Griza @ Jan 1 2018, 04:11 AM) *
I would think just painting the eye sockets body color would help tremendously.

I think that will make it worse, it will further accentuate the cavernous gaps.

Honestly those eye sockets are such a stupid idea from a design POV it makes you burst out laughing when you look at them, the rest of the design is not too bad, the rear is a bit messy but with the right color combos and mix of materials can be fixed.

The other thing which stood out was the wheel design and sizing, once again from a aesthetics POV, the wheels seem too small with too much rubber the wheel gaps seem odd.

The overall design looks very futuristic something you might grow to like and appreciate, it looks much better than the 488 which kind of looks boring and uninspiring.
+Quote Post
Destructo
post Dec 31 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,090

Incredible performance, and questionable design will make for great depreciation down the road.

--------------------

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting." - Gen. Curtis E. LeMay

"Pale Ebenezer thought it wrong to fight, But Roaring Bill (who killed him) thought it right." - Hilaire Belloc

"I have come here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass; and I am all out of bubblegum."
+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 09:58 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag