Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lets talk about something serious for a moment. Pandora vs Spotify
Steve K
post Jan 3 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 9,595

Pandora vs Spotify vs (maybe) Apple Music

I've been a Pandora user pretty much since the early 2000's. I love it, but it seems like their "music genome project" isn't really all that special anymore, and might be surpassed by Spotify.

Anyone make the switch over to Spotify from Pandora? Likes/ Dislikes?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Big Murci 18
post Jan 3 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #2

Group: LP Member
Member No.: 230,393

This is the first year I will have cancelled Pandora,I have been paying for a long time. I dont use it much for the $100 a year they are charging now. I did sign up for Google Music two years ago as I like they have more "foreign" music options, I am still trying to figure out how to use it though, they charge $10 a month. I was never a fan of Spotify for some reason. I am still up in the air on which is the best as I am a fan of foreign music, I was also told Apple play has the same options.
+Quote Post
misterchaos
post Jan 3 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 218,751

Spotify is the greatest streaming music provider of all time.....it's almost a crime for it to be so cheap.

--------------------

"I found that the harder I work, the luckier I get." - P2
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 3 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

QUOTE (misterchaos @ Jan 4 2018, 12:38 PM) *
Spotify is the greatest streaming music provider of all time.....it's almost a crime for it to be so cheap.

iamwithstupid.gif

I stopped using it for few months and tried Apple Music, just rubbish! I think Spotify has the ability to read my mind lol.gif
+Quote Post
TestShoot
post Jan 4 2018, 12:20 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 15,154

Spotify is more social, and the quality is better for sure. Plus I Shazam things and they show up in Spotify. Also the car integration is better for Spotify and I can remotely get speakers to play Spotify.

Anecdote:
Every Thanksgiving I listen to "Alice's Restaurant Masacree" as part of an old family tradition. Two years ago I was recovering at my mother's home after knee surgery. Across town at my home, my buddy just flew in from Ireland and he was dead tired. I could not sleep, I was in pain, so I went to play the song. I had no idea that the speakers I chose to default play were the ones at my home. I kept cranking the volume up in bursts. My poor friend was freaked out by the music randomly playing, in bits. My speaker install is stealth, so he could not figure our where these notes where coming from, he thought he was being home invaded, then thought he was hallucinating from jetlag/exhaustion.

--------------------

In my owners book, page 2 congratulated me on owning best track car in world and page 3 warned me taking on track can void warranty!
+Quote Post
cake
post Jan 4 2018, 05:01 AM
Post #6

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 40,655

Great story Testshoot!
+Quote Post
donblackie
post Jan 4 2018, 06:13 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 24,810

Spotify by a long shot but they need to step their game up on the lossless side for the serious listeners

I wish Tidal had better UI
+Quote Post
SYNYSTR
post Jan 4 2018, 06:21 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,148

I like the flexibility of Slacker. I have had it for 2 years now. Never looked back.
+Quote Post
DrummingCannoli
post Jan 4 2018, 08:37 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 11,087

QUOTE (donblackie @ Jan 4 2018, 07:13 AM) *
Spotify by a long shot but they need to step their game up on the lossless side for the serious listeners

100% agree. Otherwise, Spotify (and Soundcloud for the underground stuff) for me.
+Quote Post
TestShoot
post Jan 5 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 15,154

QUOTE (donblackie @ Jan 4 2018, 06:13 AM) *

I wish Tidal had better UI

QUOTE (DrummingCannoli @ Jan 4 2018, 08:37 AM) *
100% agree. Otherwise, Spotify (and Soundcloud for the underground stuff) for me.

iamwithstupid.gif

I travel with a DAC/AMP from Fiio for mobile listening. Lossless file size... net neutrality repeal... premium isp service fees on top of service fees and file purchases.... insert political argument here

--------------------

In my owners book, page 2 congratulated me on owning best track car in world and page 3 warned me taking on track can void warranty!
+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Jan 5 2018, 04:56 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 207,726

Maybe Ill have to try spotify out. I use pandora or amazon music at the moment.
+Quote Post
Steve K
post Jan 5 2018, 10:21 AM
Post #12

damn guys
pandora just played lordof the dance for me. wtf
its hard to say goodbye after a decade... sad.gif
+Quote Post
Destructo
post Jan 5 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,090

I used Apple Music for about a year and really enjoyed it. That being said, i got rid of it after a while because i coudln’t Justify the cost long-term because i don’t listen to music that much where it works. I have XM for in the car, and i’ll YouTube others in the off chance i sit at a desk for any amount of time (rarely).

--------------------

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting." - Gen. Curtis E. LeMay

"Pale Ebenezer thought it wrong to fight, But Roaring Bill (who killed him) thought it right." - Hilaire Belloc

"I have come here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass; and I am all out of bubblegum."
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 5 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #14

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (TestShoot @ Jan 4 2018, 12:20 AM) *
Spotify is more social, and the quality is better for sure. Plus I Shazam things and they show up in Spotify. Also the car integration is better for Spotify and I can remotely get speakers to play Spotify.

Anecdote:
Every Thanksgiving I listen to "Alice's Restaurant Masacree" as part of an old family tradition. Two years ago I was recovering at my mother's home after knee surgery. Across town at my home, my buddy just flew in from Ireland and he was dead tired. I could not sleep, I was in pain, so I went to play the song. I had no idea that the speakers I chose to default play were the ones at my home. I kept cranking the volume up in bursts. My poor friend was freaked out by the music randomly playing, in bits. My speaker install is stealth, so he could not figure our where these notes where coming from, he thought he was being home invaded, then thought he was hallucinating from jetlag/exhaustion.

lol.gif That's hilarious

I am not a fan of streaming services as I love to manage my own music (I am a bit of a recreational DJ) but I always love having my music be accessible and with streaming that's not always possible. Up until a year ago I sued to still buy music. Then I discovered NoteBurner, so I use apple music to get music and then this program to make my music more accessible. That first 3 month trail saved me an insane amount of cash, but now that it's over I pay apple $10 a month for an all-I-use buffet of music.

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
MrDoctor
post Jan 5 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,711

Pandora, wtf, they're still around?

I use Google Music, but Spotify is wayyy better than Pandora. Are you an early investor or something? lol

Music matching, UI, all better on Spotify. I think Spotify has the best UI. Like someone mentioned, if Tidal had a better UI, that also would be up there.

How much does Pandora run for? You are limiting yourself using Pandora. Especially if you love music and pay for it!
+Quote Post
Steve K
post Jan 6 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #16

$60/ year. i thought the "music genome project" was state of the art bla bla bla
+Quote Post
rmtn
post Jan 6 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #17

Photoshop Wizard

Member No.: 20,201

Spotify.

Although I dont really consume music as I rather try to discover music and then that's it. When I discover something that I feel I will buy and download them, process them with various softwares and put them into my Pioneer Rekordbox database for future dj use.

So there are a lot of times that I have not listened anything for a month or two and I feel stupid paying for Spotify but on other months I can use it heavily on bursts.
+Quote Post
MrDoctor
post Jan 15 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 9,711

QUOTE (Steve K @ Jan 6 2018, 05:01 PM) *
$60/ year. i thought the "music genome project" was state of the art bla bla bla

I like google music because besides the music, you get youtube red (ad free youtube, can download videos for offline), and youtube music, which allows you to download and store youtube songs, create playlists, etc.

Youtube music has a fantastic library, you can find many songs on youtube music which are not available on streaming services.

The Google music website is also very nice. You can upload whatever physical audio you have to into your music library, which then you can download and stream from your devices.
+Quote Post
ztnedman1
post Jan 15 2018, 12:48 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 5,432

Started with Pandora long ago, liked the idea but hated commercials, didn't want to say and not be able to play what I wanted when I wanted.

Slacker is actually the "best" as actually DJs are making the lists +additional commentary is interesting. Easier to scroll through single tracks from artists, etc...

Spotify's library is by far the biggest though, and this is a music app so Spotify wins IMO.
+Quote Post
jhbchess
post Jan 25 2018, 08:17 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 92,628

Is there a way to share playlists in Spotify? Maybe we need some LamboPower channels curated!

My music has been too spread out. I started with Samsung phones (iphone now) so I used to buy all my music through Google Play and now it's all somehow been imported into Amazon Music. I bought a little bit using Apple Music so that's kicking around. Have some lossless downloads from live concerts I've been too. Been using Pandora at the office and at home (integrated with Control4 and the light switches are configured so that if I tap on 3x it turns on the speakers in the room and tunes to a Pandora station). I'm signing up and installing spotify while writing this, will see how it goes!

--------------------

2017 Porsche Turbo S
2015 BMW i8 (sold)
2011 UGR TT Performante (sold)
2007 Gallardo Spyder (sold)
Eiffel Tower (sold)
Several bridges (sold)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2018 - 02:38 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag