> Let’s Talk Social Media
Supercar Ace
post Jan 11 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #21

Jedi Ninja

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (megachad @ Jan 11 2018, 09:03 AM) *
Instagram.. I am beside myself how many young women are so insecure they have to post picture after picture after picture of themselves half naked to get attention.. These poor girls have no idea how to really work.. I think most of them don't even know how to learn anything anymore. It's all about what they can get from other people.. And they get it.. It's like feeding ducks at a local pond.. don't even know how to find food for themselves. I am curious to see how this plays out.. When all these young women are older and replaced by younger women.. What is that un employment line going to look like..

This is the story of a girls in general that has been going on since the beginning of time. How many times on a night out do you see girls in super tight dresses (god bless them for it) trying to get attention? Guys and girls approach life differently and it's not a good or bad thing, it's just the nature of the game. From an evolutionary perspective, girls look to attract a mate when they are at their peak (in looks, fertility and ability to foster multiple options). Social Media is another avenue to get the most coveted currency of all: attention and social validation. Girls get to enjoy a quick rocket to the top but where they have to manage it wiseley for the long haul. Guys have a much longer and harder road to get up the social rungs (with only a few exceptions) and so this experience helps us value the long haul. These are complimentary strategies as evidenced by how a vast majority of women are attracted to or will seek out men older. To sum it up, it's like women win the lotto and men climb the corporate ladder. There's nothing wrong with either, both have different strategies at play that they utilize for their own benefit.

Also, when I said:

But I always seek out people or pages on social media that add positive value to my life, not people filling the air with noise.

Translation: 90% of my social media time is spent on memes icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Charlie
post Jan 11 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,287

I only have Facebook and Instagram. Plenty for me and both are PRIVATE. I am not on FB or instagram often but do like the privacy option. We do push a little social media for business but for my business it really does not do much...Instagram for business is ATACSOL and Paradise Greens.

Facebook for business is:
Paradise Greens

Armageddon Tactical Solutions
ATACSOL Precision Rifles
Both of these we do not do much because most of our business is OGA/MIL/LE so we can not post any training on it. We do not do any civilian training unless just one-on-one for friends, etc.
+Quote Post
TestShoot
post Jan 11 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 15,154

Leveraging mainly Instagram, has been useful in getting bookings for my photography stuff, but aside from that it is all like has been said, faux-rich, the tea that is an mlm and makes you poop, and dreadful motivational shit.

Social media is public masturbation

--------------------

In my owners book, page 2 congratulated me on owning best track car in world and page 3 warned me taking on track can void warranty!
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 11 2018, 02:53 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,524

Look at us complaining about social media ON social media lol.gif
+Quote Post
megachad
post Jan 11 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #25

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 19,695

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 11 2018, 03:53 PM) *
Look at us complaining about social media ON social media lol.gif

But this is the best one!

--------------------

"On a long enough timeline, the percentage of human existence is ZERO....." You only live once, Enjoy the ride!
+Quote Post
diabloking
post Jan 11 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 208,928

I got a Facebook account back in '05. Before I could even really start using it I saw news stories of people being fired for what was on the their FB account........havent used it since. God only knows what is on it as I cant even log on as I forgot the pword.

--------------------

Exotics are hard to describe; but you know one when you see one!!!

"Gold is the money of kings; Silver is the money of gentlemen; Barter is the money of peasants, but Debt is the money of slaves."

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you!!!
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 11 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE (megachad @ Jan 12 2018, 01:23 PM) *
But this is the best one!

The members are the best, operationally the forum could do with an update, adding photos is a major PITA and many times the site is offline showing some error IPS or something along those lines if I remember correctly.

If I were to put it in car terms I'd say it's a MY2003 Gallardo, it gets you there, still and exotic but from time to time it has few mechanical issues LOL
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 11 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #28

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 11 2018, 10:17 PM) *
The members are the best, operationally the forum could do with an update, adding photos is a major PITA and many times the site is offline showing some error IPS or something along those lines if I remember correctly.

If I were to put it in car terms I'd say it's a MY2003 Gallardo, it gets you there, still and exotic but from time to time it has few mechanical issues LOL

You forgot the most important update of them all...

WE NEED A NEW BANNER

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 12 2018, 04:23 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

We can’t have one because we can’t post photos larger than a thumbnail icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
LV Eric
post Jan 12 2018, 10:36 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 498

Sadly in 20 years I still haven’t seemed to learn how to post a pic. Guess I’m the resident idiot. I can live with that.
+Quote Post
Plastique999
post Jan 15 2018, 12:11 AM
Post #31

LamboPower VIP

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 95,927

QUOTE (MrDoctor @ Jan 10 2018, 08:06 PM) *
I think social media is dangerous.

I love twitter though. But I try not to check it too much and only follow a handful of good accounts.

Pretty much sums up my view, too lazy to type biggrin.gif and Chamath is much better at rationalizing than I am biggrin.gif

Great vid!
Thanks for sharing.
Society was much better without social media

--------------------

2018 Performante (awaiting)
2010 LP670 SV
2005 CGT
2009 16M
2009 Exige S260 (Seinfeld 😂)
2015 AM V12 VS (sold!)
2013 G63 AMG
2015 RR SVR
2011 RR Ghost
2016 LR4 (kid mobile with an exhaust!)
+Quote Post
MrDoctor
post Jan 15 2018, 06:43 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 9,711

QUOTE (Plastique999 @ Jan 15 2018, 12:11 AM) *
Great vid!
Thanks for sharing.
Society was much better without social media

Check out the entire video . Great interview.

+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 15 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

I watch the shorter interview, he’s correct in what he’s saying but after making millions and saying I did a fantastic job and they do very good things but now it’s all shit and I personally decided to take care of orphans it’s a bit hard to take this guy serious, is it shit or good?
I am confused.
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 15 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #34

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 15 2018, 03:25 PM) *
I watch the shorter interview, he’s correct in what he’s saying but after making millions and saying I did a fantastic job and they do very good things but now it’s all shit and I personally decided to take care of orphans it’s a bit hard to take this guy serious, is it shit or good?
I am confused.

The "Oliver Stone Complex" is what I call it because Oliver Stone is that guy who's made millions of dollars by telling people that making money and the people who make money are all bad

--------------------

- Without Fear -

+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 15 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE (Supercar Ace @ Jan 16 2018, 10:04 AM) *
The "Oliver Stone Complex" is what I call it because Oliver Stone is that guy who's made millions of dollars by telling people that making money and the people who make money are all bad

Very true LOL
+Quote Post
Fellippe
post Jan 16 2018, 02:13 AM
Post #36

PE

Member No.: 1,098

This is a nice vent thread about social media. I concur with most on here about all of the garbage relating to social media.

One good thing FB and Twitter have done is give a look at the nature of people that they don't realize they are giving off. You can know people a long time and have a good read on them, then look at their posting nature and see a side of them you didn't know exists.

We are also a part of this too, although the quieter you are on it, the less you will broadcast on it. I've noticed myself and a few others have reduced their FB posting content quite a bit.

FB is nice to have to keep track of what's going on back home when you are halfway across the world. I couldn't imagine living remote without it...

Twitter is good for those people you care to actually follow, and it seems to be a more ideal platform at times than blogs, forums, etc due to its instant nature. For example I will follow numerous insider personalities on Twitter the instant NFL free agency hits in March and follow all of the transactions in real time....

The business side of social media might be its best asset. Gary Vee will swear it's the most important thing ever, but at the very least it's relevant.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 03:49 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag