2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 991.2 GT3 or 570S
jhbchess
post Jan 27 2018, 05:44 AM
Post #21

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 92,628

FWIW I am DD a '17 porsche turbo s and it's the tits. Like Fortis says, multipurpose sports car. I actually prefer the PDK to manual for DD purposes because driving 20 miles each way in traffic is a bitch. Porsche interior is fantastic. I'm almost at 10,000 miles on the porsche. Plus my kids can fit in the back seats, so the wife approves. And she'll ride in this car to go out to dinner, unlike the TT lambo which she found to be too loud/attracted too much attention.

The last 2 cars I experimented with DD were the BMW i8 (interior felt cheap compared to the porsche, and I missed the engine noise, but did like not having to fill up for gas that often and it looked like a spaceship at the time) and for a while I tried to DD the '11 lambo performante spyder (fun if I left really early and could open it up on the freeway, not so fun if I was crawling at 30mph on an elevated highway sucking exhaust fumes).

I don't think I'd DD a stripped down car or go for race seats etc. just because of what my commute is like. I am looking for a weekend gated 6 speed now so I may wander back into Diablo land.

--------------------

2017 Porsche Turbo S
2015 BMW i8 (sold)
2011 UGR TT Performante (sold)
2007 Gallardo Spyder (sold)
Eiffel Tower (sold)
Several bridges (sold)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
capt_chaos
post Jan 27 2018, 05:56 AM
Post #22

The Limey
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7,693

It is amazing how we write off Porsche as being an exotic. For years I did (and clearly others here do to) then for me a visit to the museum in Stuttgart has changed my opinion completely.
If they were a movie character they would be Patrick Bateman: Smooth, stylish and completely unhinged.

--------------------

Get Milk
+Quote Post
CHADW
post Jan 27 2018, 06:14 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,402

QUOTE (sprite @ Jan 27 2018, 12:28 AM) *
Rumor on Reenlist is that GT3 will only be built for 2018, have you heard that or are they just trying to hype pricing? I found one listed a few weeks ago, but not sure if it's still available that I really liked at MSRP + 25k. Does that seem fair?

Trying to figure out my must have options if buying a slightly used or inventory car. I definitely want PDK, PCCB, Bucket Seats, LED Headlights , CF Interior.

Edit: Car I really liked was sold anyways, at least that gives me time to track down an allocation and test drive one before impulse buying.

They will certainly build the GT3 past 2018 but it can not be sold in most of Europe past September due to emissions. That’s why 2018 GT cars are and will continue to be scarce in the US. Until then, much of production is going to satisfy European demand while they still can. GT2RS and 3RS will be even more obvious.

Personally I like pdk, that’s why I sold my manual so fast. PCCB is up to you, definitely not needed. I like the regular seats better for a non-RS and especially a DD but resale is really good on bucket seat cars. It’s probably like the Performante here. You can get dark headlights without getting the expensive LEDs and I also think CF interior is a must.

Personally I like cars without the clock (Sport Chrono) on the dash.

I think 10k over for a pdk car is a good deal today and will depreciate gently.
+Quote Post
sprite
post Jan 27 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #24

V1P

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 8,895

QUOTE (CHADW @ Jan 27 2018, 09:14 AM) *
They will certainly build the GT3 past 2018 but it can not be sold in most of Europe past September due to emissions. Thatís why 2018 GT cars are and will continue to be scarce in the US. Until then, much of production is going to satisfy European demand while they still can. GT2RS and 3RS will be even more obvious.

Personally I like pdk, thatís why I sold my manual so fast. PCCB is up to you, definitely not needed. I like the regular seats better for a non-RS and especially a DD but resale is really good on bucket seat cars. Itís probably like the Performante here. You can get dark headlights without getting the expensive LEDs and I also think CF interior is a must.

Personally I like cars without the clock (Sport Chrono) on the dash.

I think 10k over for a pdk car is a good deal today and will depreciate gently.

That makes sense with the scarcity in the US, also seems a lot of cars were bought just to flip.

--------------------

Luck isn't some mystical energy that dances around the universe randomly bestowing people with satisfaction and joy, we create our own luck.

'18 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 Spyder [Verde Mantis]
'16 Porsche GT3RS
'17 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme [Black w/Silver Stripes]
'18 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk [Black]

Sold: '96 Dodge Viper RT/10, '05 Dodge Ram SRT-10 TT, '05 Lamborghini Gallardo, '06 Lamborghini Murcielago, '06 Corvette Zee-06, '06 Ford GT, '07 Ferrari F430 Spider, '08 Lamborghini Gallardo SLTT, '08 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, '13 Nissan GTR, '13 McLaren MP4-12C Spider, '12 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 SL, '15 Huracan LP610-4 Coupe, '10 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 27 2018, 08:57 AM
Post #25

Jedi Ninja

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 27 2018, 05:32 AM) *
IMO I donít think itís a fair comparison comparing P cars with exotics , Porsches are different kind of in a class of their own, they arenít like any other sports car, they are multipurpose sports cars the kind no other brand can offer, Porsche is truly a phenomenon.

They have the build volume with an extremely large cult following and they look subdued enough so you can daily them, much larger customer base, try offering 3000 GT cars when you have 100k deposits taken years in advance, of course you will not discount RRP and of course there will be a premium to pay on the used market and residual retention close to RRP for a longer time than usual.

I wouldnít DD a Lambo they are a PITA and going to a business meeting in a loud bright color Lambo doesnít convey the right message in most instances LOL but 9 out of 10 youíd be ok in a P car.

The only thing I hate about Porsche is the dealers, I donít think Iíve ever met more pompous and arrogant bastards in the car retail world, I bought a few P cars and Iíd buy more but TBH the dealers annoy me too much LOL.

Porsche are amazing machines, but their designs are always a little too subtle for me (excluding the GT3 RS, GT2 RS, 918, and Carrera GT). That's why I like McLarens, they are like Porsches with more exotic flair. If only they could get their front end deigns locked in though...

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company youíve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but itís really male. Usually, theyíre all self-made men Ė ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. Theyíre very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So itís also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work theyíre doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
CHADW
post Jan 27 2018, 08:57 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (sprite @ Jan 27 2018, 01:29 PM) *
That makes sense with the scarcity in the US, also seems a lot of cars were bought just to flip.

It's a real problem, all the good stuff is bought to flip in the US due to the VIP Program. I bet HALF the 911R's in the US were flipped. Corporate hates the program but it was a necessary evil to sell the 918's here.

It used to pay to drive Ferraris. Now it pays to drive Porsches.

There are literally thousands in the US ready to beg, borrow and steal to buy the next supercar because it is "guaranteed to go up." That tells me its going the way of the Carrera GT and depreciating until the regular people are weeded out of supercar territory.
+Quote Post
CHADW
post Jan 27 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (Supercar Ace @ Jan 27 2018, 01:57 PM) *
Porsche are amazing machines, but their designs are always a little too subtle for me (excluding the GT3 RS, GT2 RS, 918, and Carrera GT). That's why I like McLarens, they are like Porsches with more exotic flair. If only they could get their front end deigns locked in though...

I agree, except for looks, quality, their approach to lap times and depreciation, they are almost the exact same cars. icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
sprite
post Jan 27 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #28

V1P

Member No.: 8,895

I emailed the 4 dealers closest to me and they all said all their GT3 allocations through the rest of the year were spoken for. I guess I just need to wait for one specced like I want to and eat the premium if I want one in a reasonable time frame. I figured the GT3RS would be hard to get, but had no idea it would be this hard to get a regular GT3.

--------------------

Luck isn't some mystical energy that dances around the universe randomly bestowing people with satisfaction and joy, we create our own luck.

'18 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 Spyder [Verde Mantis]
'16 Porsche GT3RS
'17 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme [Black w/Silver Stripes]
'18 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk [Black]

Sold: '96 Dodge Viper RT/10, '05 Dodge Ram SRT-10 TT, '05 Lamborghini Gallardo, '06 Lamborghini Murcielago, '06 Corvette Zee-06, '06 Ford GT, '07 Ferrari F430 Spider, '08 Lamborghini Gallardo SLTT, '08 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, '13 Nissan GTR, '13 McLaren MP4-12C Spider, '12 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 SL, '15 Huracan LP610-4 Coupe, '10 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 27 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #29

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (CHADW @ Jan 27 2018, 09:01 AM) *
I agree, except for looks, quality, their approach to lap times and depreciation, they are almost the exact same cars. icon_mrgreen.gif

They drive exactly the same and they have an overblown MSRP...yep...looks the same to me icon_mrgreen.gif

QUOTE (sprite @ Jan 27 2018, 09:47 AM) *
I emailed the 4 dealers closest to me and they all said all their GT3 allocations through the rest of the year were spoken for. I guess I just need to wait for one specced like I want to and eat the premium if I want one in a reasonable time frame. I figured the GT3RS would be hard to get, but had no idea it would be this hard to get a regular GT3.

GT3's are tough because they are less than 10% of Porsche's product line when you look at the numbers. I have a Porsche guy that might be able to help if you're looking for an allocation.

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company youíve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but itís really male. Usually, theyíre all self-made men Ė ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. Theyíre very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So itís also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work theyíre doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
PCJR
post Jan 28 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 8,280

QUOTE (sprite @ Jan 27 2018, 09:47 AM) *

The day after the .2 GT3 was announced to have a manual transmission, the dealer up here
Had around 40 people call with money in had for one. Virtually everyone was told no even though they are a premier dealer they would not be able to fill most orders, myself included.

--------------------

17 R8 V10+
16 Boxster Spyder
14 Cayenne GTS
17 V90R

Lambo History:
07 Gallardo - yellow
08 Gallardo SL - yellow
09 LP560 - black
11 LP570 SL - black - UGR stage 1.5
09 LP560 - silver
13 LP570 SL - black - UGR Stage 3 w/race heads -
Gone - should have never sold it:(
16 Aventador SV - Rosso Bia
15 Huracan - blue
15 Huracan - red
14 Aventador - red

Pete
+Quote Post
FikseSTS
post Jan 28 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 11,050

McLaren all day over the Porsche, not even a fair comparison... different worlds...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Allan-Herbie
post Jan 28 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(FikseSTS @ Jan 29 2018, 12:05 AM) *
McLaren all day over the Porsche, not even a fair comparison... different worlds...

But you drive 720s

--------------------

87 Countach QV
98 Diablo SV Monterey Edition
02 Murcielago
05 Carrera GT
89 928S4
+Quote Post
white viper
post Jan 28 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 227

we are waiting on our pts gt3 should be here in june we did a full custom interior thats why the long wait

+Quote Post
RobberBaron
post Jan 28 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 212,884

QUOTE (white viper @ Jan 28 2018, 09:49 PM) *
we are waiting on our pts gt3 should be here in june we did a full custom interior thats why the long wait

That sounds like it will be sweet!

--------------------

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago
2015 Chevy Corvette
2007 Ford Mustang
2013 Dodge Charger
+Quote Post
megachad
post Jan 29 2018, 09:31 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 19,695

QUOTE (Luxeous @ Jan 24 2018, 12:42 PM) *
Hey guys - looking to get a new daily driver / 2nd fun car now that we've got two kids as of last Wednesday. smile.gif

I've narrowed it down to two cars I really like right now - the new GT3 (manual) and the 570S.

I haven't gotten a chance to drive the new GT3 yet (working on it) but as a stick with a 9k redline it's pretty much a perfect daily / canyon carver in Malibu. The 570S, which I have driven, is incredible performance at a great price when buying used.

I am 100% new to the Porsche world but from what I understand a key takeaway from the GT cars is how well they maintain their value - I know the RS does even more than the standard GT3 so I just want to make sure that I'm not asking to lose a fortune when buying new compared to a used 570S.

Appreciate your input.

PS. New baby is perfectly healthy and the wife is too. Never thought I could love a second child as much as I do my first but the moment I saw him my heart literally expanded. Absolutely unreal feeling.

Congrats on the baby!! Amazing how much love we are actually capable of isn't it.

--------------------

"On a long enough timeline, the percentage of human existence is ZERO....." You only live once, Enjoy the ride!
+Quote Post
FikseSTS
post Jan 29 2018, 10:20 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 11,050

what, I'm biased now? smile.gif

if you want to blend in and go slow, get the Porsche....

only Porsches I would own are the CGT and 918...

QUOTE (Allan-Herbie @ Jan 28 2018, 09:21 PM) *
But you drive 720s

--------------------

+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Jan 29 2018, 12:12 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 207,726

Mclaren all day. Presence that the Porsche just doesnt have with equally enjoyable driving experience.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 29 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

QUOTE (CallMeJarob @ Jan 30 2018, 06:12 AM) *
Mclaren all day. Presence that the Porsche just doesnt have with equally enjoyable driving experience.

Based on my experience Iíd would like to disagree, until quite recently I had almost no interest in Porsche, until few years ago I couldnít even tell them apart and to a certain extent I still canít icon_mrgreen.gif and still have very little interest in them but what you canít take away from a Porsche is the driving experience of the GT range, McLaren still has some work to do, also in a DD you need reliability, that one also goes to Porsche, if you want something more exotic looking Iíd go with a Mac.
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 29 2018, 02:33 PM
Post #39

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 29 2018, 01:48 PM) *
still have very little interest in them but what you canít take away from a Porsche is the driving experience of the GT range, McLaren still has some work to do, also in a DD you need reliability, that one also goes to Porsche, if you want something more exotic looking Iíd go with a Mac.

iamwithstupid.gif Porsche's are great machines but looks wise the are way to conservative and they haven't really done much in 50+ years (hmmm I wonder what the 2030 911 Carrera will look like...hmmmmmm eusa_think.gif eusa_think.gif eusa_think.gif ).

Both are fast, but McLaren has the more exotic look. The Porsche is a better DD, the cabin has more space (especially since you're as tall as me) and it's got the manual. The 570 is a fun little car, the Spyder is 10x better than the coupe IMHO but the big drawback is the feel of the brakes. I don't get why McLaren engineered so much travel before they grip.

--------------------

- Without Fear -

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 03:05 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag your alt tag' your alt tag' your alt tag