Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monterey Car Week 2018 - Quail Lodge
Supercar Ace
post Feb 27 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Jedi Ninja

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 8,919

Just got my invite to buy tickets to this years Quail Lodge Motorsports Gathering. If anyone is interested in going or needs extra tickets, shoot me a message by Sunday (5-4-2018). I'm only getting 1 ticket for myself (my other friends that go with me got their own ticket invites) so that means I can grab up to 3 extra.

Details:

Tickets are $650 each this year
The event is Friday, August 24th, 2018

If anyone is also going to the event let's plan out an L Power meet up, last year I met a few folks from the boards up there and it was a solid time as always.

Cheers.

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Feb 28 2018, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 2,228

pm sent

--------------------

(Yes, Life Insurance got me there)
+Quote Post
Plastique999
post Feb 28 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #3

LamboPower VIP

Member No.: 95,927

See you guys at Quail....I’ll be displaying my LP670SV there this year

--------------------

2018 Performante Verde Themis
2010 LP670 SV Nero Nemesis
2005 CGT
2009 16M
2009 Exige S260 (Seinfeld sold)
2015 AM V12 VS (sold!)
2013 G63 AMG
2015 RR SVR
2011 RR Ghost
2016 LR4 (kid mobile with an exhaust!)
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Mar 1 2018, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (SV-N-IT @ Feb 28 2018, 08:12 AM) *
pm sent

icon_thumleft.gif

QUOTE (Plastique999 @ Feb 28 2018, 10:29 PM) *
See you guys at Quail....I’ll be displaying my LP670SV there this year

Sweet, I look forward to seeing that beast agian eusa_dance.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Mar 3 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Jedi Ninja

And the tickets are spoken for. If anything changes I'll let you all know icon_thumleft.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Mar 4 2018, 05:03 AM
Post #6

looking forward to seeing everyone!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Mar 4 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (SV-N-IT @ Mar 4 2018, 05:03 AM) *
looking forward to seeing everyone!

Yes, let's plan an official meetup icon_thumleft.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

+Quote Post
ken qv
post Mar 6 2018, 05:38 AM
Post #8

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 1,335

What do you get for $650 bucks?

--------------------

According to the Countach, "Miami Vice" was a documentary!
-dyer-
+Quote Post
ken qv
post Mar 6 2018, 05:39 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,335

I mean you can walk around the dealerships just to see exotic cars.. and go to club meetings for wine and conversation...

--------------------

According to the Countach, "Miami Vice" was a documentary!
-dyer-
+Quote Post
Assman
post Mar 6 2018, 07:23 AM
Post #10

Lambro

Member No.: 12,288

QUOTE (ken qv @ Mar 6 2018, 05:39 AM) *
I mean you can walk around the dealerships just to see exotic cars.. and go to club meetings for wine and conversation...

The Quail is awesome. You spend hours having unlimited cuizine and speciality drinks while around cars and the people who made them while getting to see celebrities like Plastique999.

Last year we sat behind his carreragt and had to fight off women with a stick.

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Mar 6 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Assman @ Mar 6 2018, 08:23 AM) *
The Quail is awesome. You spend hours having unlimited cuizine and speciality drinks while around cars and the people who made them while getting to see celebrities like Plastique999.

icon_super.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Plastique999
post Mar 6 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #12

LamboPower VIP

Member No.: 95,927

QUOTE (Assman @ Mar 6 2018, 07:23 AM) *

Funniest post everrrrrr!!!!!!
😂😭🤣😂😭🤣

But seriously best cuisine ever. If you’re a cheap bastard like me, you get in line in the caviar and oyster line multiple times. Then you go to the Pagani booth and buy a Pagani t-shirt and put it on to pretend you own one 👍

--------------------

2018 Performante Verde Themis
2010 LP670 SV Nero Nemesis
2005 CGT
2009 16M
2009 Exige S260 (Seinfeld sold)
2015 AM V12 VS (sold!)
2013 G63 AMG
2015 RR SVR
2011 RR Ghost
2016 LR4 (kid mobile with an exhaust!)
+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Mar 7 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Plastique999 @ Mar 6 2018, 10:35 PM) *
😂😭🤣😂😭🤣

But seriously best cuisine ever. If you’re a cheap bastard like me, you get in line in the caviar and oyster line multiple times. Then you go to the Pagani booth and buy a Pagani t-shirt and put it on to pretend you own one 👍

this is the funniest post ever!!!!!! I'm trying this lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Mar 7 2018, 10:16 AM
Post #14

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (ken qv @ Mar 6 2018, 05:38 AM) *
What do you get for $650 bucks?

So for the money you get the following:

- ALL YOU CAN EAT GOURMET CUISINE. That should explain itself, but they have 5 different themed areas each with a menu inspired by the city of the particular Peninsula Hotel location.

- All you can drink. I don't really drink, but it was nice to have the option as well and my friends usually wind up enjoying that perk way more than me.

- A great mix of past and present cars, from the latest and greatest like the Chrion to some eclectic rare cars like the XJR-15. Also you get to see a lot of new concepts and debuts of new cars there.

- Lamborghini's Hospitality Lodge is there

- Access to all of the top industry people. Chilling by a Zonda is cool, especially when it's next to a Huayra BC and Roadster. But it's even cooler when you're there with Horacio himself. And then Jay Leno crashes the party. And then en route to chat with Christian Von Keonisegg himself you run into Gordon Murray...4 times. And then afterwards at lunch you get to hang with Andreas Preuninger, who is literally the man who makes all Porsche GT cars (GT3, GT3 RS, GT2 RS, GT4, etc). This is the best perk to me, in that you get to meet all the people behind your favorite cars. Balboni is always there, Stephan Winkleman makes the rounds, and I even met the executive at BMW M who single handedly saved the manual transmission at the company. Unless you go to the Geneva Autoshow Press Days you're not going to get this kind of access to all of these people in one place.

QUOTE (Assman @ Mar 6 2018, 07:23 AM) *

Unless you're me, in which case I always go to the same shows as Plastique, even got him some extra Quail tickets a few years back, but never somehow manage to link up in person lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

QUOTE (Plastique999 @ Mar 6 2018, 09:35 PM) *
😂😭🤣😂😭🤣

I thought I was the only one lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

+Quote Post
VCR
post Mar 7 2018, 10:43 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 3,591

Was there 3 years ago. I concur that it's a pretty cool event.

Serious serious automotive hardware. Great food and drink and the people are generally cool too.
+Quote Post
Kevin M.
post Mar 7 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,713

My car was just approved to show, I’ll be there with Eddie and I will bring my own sticks to fight of the Cougars! Lambro party!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Mar 7 2018, 11:30 PM
Post #17

Jedi Ninja

QUOTE (Kevin M. @ Mar 7 2018, 10:49 PM) *
My car was just approved to show, I’ll be there with Eddie and I will bring my own sticks to fight of the Cougars! Lambro party!

I'll take those bullets for you gents. It's the least a single buddy can do for some married friends eusa_dance.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

+Quote Post
Assman
post Mar 8 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #18

Lambro

Member No.: 12,288

QUOTE (Kevin M. @ Mar 7 2018, 10:49 PM) *

Attached File  35B502ED_5AE5_44DD_8EDC_C871955C1A25.jpeg ( 225.06K ) Number of downloads: 5

I hope they give you good space. Last year they put me next to these old red clunkers.

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
emanon
post Mar 8 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 22,556

QUOTE (Supercar Ace @ Mar 7 2018, 10:16 AM) *
So for the money you get the following:

And not to forget you're in Monterey mid August, if there is a better climate and location on the planet I haven't found it yet.

Sure you can see modern exotics anywhere but if you want to trip over a few $20-50M vintage Ferraris, those are a little harder to come by.

Besides the price of admission is only a fraction of the cost, lodging in the area is $$$$$$ during car week.

--------------------

QUOTE (Modo)
I bought my Lambo with section 8 rent. True story.
+Quote Post
Jeff SD
post Mar 8 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 339

PM Sent icon_thumleft.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 10:53 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag