Watch Winder Recommendations

asun999

I'm looking for a multi-headed shelf unit (preferably one that holds 6-8 pieces) to compliment my collection. Anyone have suggestions? I'm not looking for an extravagant high-end winder that has atomic clock synchronized time displays with built-in heaters either.

I'm looking for a multi-headed shelf unit (preferably one that holds 6-8 pieces) to compliment my collection.  Anyone have suggestions?  I'm not looking for an extravagant high-end winder that has atomic clock synchronized time displays with built-in heaters either.

ME TOO! And I refuse to spend thousands, before I do that I'd rather hire someone to wind them for me! :lol: :lol:

I'm looking for a multi-headed shelf unit (preferably one that holds 6-8 pieces) to compliment my collection.  Anyone have suggestions?  I'm not looking for an extravagant high-end winder that has atomic clock synchronized time displays with built-in heaters either.

ME TOO! And I refuse to spend thousands, before I do that I'd rather hire someone to wind them for me! :lol: :lol:

Me three !

I need a winder !

Look on EBAY... I got a pretty decent one on there a few years ago... My son broke it though... I replaced it with a cheaper one (also from ebay) but it doesnt seem to wind the watches as well...

If you want, send me a link if you find something and I should be able to tell if the mechanism is CRAP or not...

I have looked into so many of these winders and they all seem like a ripoff to me.There is no way they should cost as much as they do

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said at those prices you can hire somebody to wind your watches. I don't see why this should cost more than $1k.

I guess the question is this; do I really need one? Unless it harms the movement of the watch to not keep it wound then why not just set the time when you actually wear one? I don't know the answer to that part.

Unless it harms the movement of the watch to not keep it wound then why not just set the time when you actually wear one?

Its a pain in the ass, especially if you wear a different watch everyday. Every morning I have to strugle with setting the watch while I'm in traffic, it would be a lot nicer if it was just ready to go.

Yeah, I don't know how the winding mechanism works. I know it is a spring that is wound by the rotor that you see when you look through the case back. I have heard that you can easily overwind some of these watches and break them. Anyone know for sure.

Any good winder is programmable. Normaly via a series of dip switches on the back that allow you to set the duty cycle. IE how long to run and how long to wait before the next winding cycle. This way you can tailor the winder to your specific watch to ensure it is not over wound.

Definitely an automatic Swiss Movement watch newbie here, but what is so special about those $4k+ winders? Here are some for as low as $119.

http://www.steinhausenovernight.com/steinh...nders/index.htm

What am I missing?

Thank you so much for the link, I will probably use it to order those winders, I'm like you not aware to any difference.

Definitely an automatic Swiss Movement watch newbie here, but what is so special about those $4k+ winders?  Here are some for as low as $119.

http://www.steinhausenovernight.com/steinh...nders/index.htm

What am I missing?

Thank you so much for the link, I will probably use it to order those winders, I'm like you not aware to any difference.

If you order one can you let me know what you think. I will get one if you like the quality and the way it works. Good find!