Mt Tests Z06

Allan-Herbie

Fasssssstttttt!

0-100mph in 7.6 seconds. 1/4 mile in 11.6@ 126mph !!!! Damnnnnnnnn. Gotta give it props, it may look like ass, feel like ass, but it goes like stink!!!! No way is a Gallardo or 430 gonna touch that.

C&D did too for Dec, they put it against a Viper Coupe and it demolished it. 17.9 seconds to 150mph (20.1 for the Viper).

They had some odd comments about it though, saying that the suspension was far too soft, an obvious compromise towards daily drivability, and that softness leads to snap oversteer that's difficult to control. They recommend suspension mods right out of the gate.

good bit faster than the M.....this is disturbign, lets hope the 6.5 can take some ground back. This is the car to have considering price, i kinda want one!

faster in a straight line, but how does it compare to a lambo at the Ring?

As I recall the Murci ran the ring at 7:52....the Gallardo at 7:53....and the new Plastic mess-06 at 7:42!!! I'm not positive of those two numbers for the Lambos...but I am sure of the number on the Plastic mess-06, and I know it was faster than both. Pretty crazy.

if memory serves me right, the Murci ran a 7:43.5 and the Gallardo ran a 7:52

The Plastic mess-06 ran a 7:42.9.

Allan, do you know what an SV would knock off from 0-150?

If the POS, really runs over 126mph in the 1/4, no Lambo ever produced, not even a Diablo GT will touch this car. Even modded, unless i spray, i believe the POS will beat my Sv too. Dont feel bad though, the POS will also beat any production Ferrari, F40 and F50 included, barring the Enzo. Even according to magazines, it will beat a Zonda C12 S.

Allan, what about the upgrade murci, will it maybe be able to edge it out ya think? hmm...maybe, itll be tough tho, that car is just so damn light for the HP...

Also, might I add that for all exotic enthusiasts, this is a GOOD thing...now the true exotic companies will see that reputation alone wont carry them....I think for example porsche will try very hard to get the 997TT to be up to spec to deal with this car.

lol @ all the people sweating whether a Lambo can "beat" a Plastic mess-06.

Short answer: No it can't.

How I feel about it: Couldn't care less.

A tenth here, a few mph there, is not something any L-car owner is going worry about enough to run to his Chevy dealer, trade in his Lambo, and drive off with both a Plastic mess-06 and large briefcase full of money. :lol:

And no, the "upgraded" Murcie won't beat it either. OH NOES!!!!!!!

Find something else to worry about. As Allan said, nothing Ferrari or Porsche make can touch it either. Oh well. That's how it goes, every new car produced is faster than the last.

Well, inmo, the new Murci will be faster if it really does have 645 hp. I think a Murci right now with exhaust and air filters will give it a good run, but the POS will still get it. And again, dont feel bad for lambo, how do you think the Dodge guys feel knowing that their newly released Viper coupe is getting smoked? And even if the POS gets the lambo in acceleration, one thing a Lambo owner still has, is bragging rights to the ultimate measure, Top Speed.

but is the POS as stable at high speeds and does it have the roadholding ability the murcie is known for? or does it feel like my sable: ready to fly.

well really, im just wondering WHY its faster..ok, we know the bull is heavier, we know it has awd, but it also has an 80 HP advantage, and a awd system soaking some power.....give it the filters and exhaust, we have 600 HP. now why isnt 100 hp enought to compensate? i dont get it:( how is the chevy so damn light???? safety ommitted? I dont care that much but for 300K, i want the meaner car;)

Then just modify it. Plenty of s/c or turbo kits are available.

Really, I don't understand the drama. GM is a multi-billion dollar automobile mfg. How they went this long WITHOUT producing a car that could compete on the world stage is a bigger mystery than how they finally achieved it.

Let it go. It is what it is. The Ford GT is faster than a Murcie also. And yet the sky hasn't fallen, the world hasn't stopped turning, and Lambo is on pace for another year of record sales. Who cares.

mako, u def. make a good point, its still nice (and u know it!) to have the baddest/fastest. Also, the car that more logically will be the stripped out ZO6 IMO, is the GT2 if/when porsche builds it...wouldnt u say? the last one with "483" hp can take it too imo. or at least equal it.

Repeat after me:

There is no such thing as having the "baddest/fastest."

You could have 600hp, 800hp, 1000hp, 1200hp, and someone, somewhere, is faster than you are.

That is all. :mrgreen: